CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Higher Performance, More Efficient Lexus CT200h Models Coming

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-10, 04:09 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well 12,000 is 1,000 a month on average. 8,000 would be 666 a month on average.

Lexus is on track to sell roughly 9,000-10,000 HS models this year, despite the stop sale that has affected sales.

12,000 wouldn't be a big stretch. The key would be pricing and later availability of additional models.
Old 09-28-10, 05:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisyano
When they talk about taking up more space in the rear for a larger battery pack, are they talking about sacrificing cargo space? I love the idea, but I don't know if there will be much demand for a hatch/miniwagon/whatever that doesn't have any cargo space if that's what they are thinking. Hopefully I'm wrong about this, because this is an intriguing vehicle for me.
no, they are saying they didnt use all the space they have already reserved for battery (I think battery horizontally goes up to 50-60% of the trunk, leaving rest empty).

p.s. as Corolla can fit V6 and Yaris can fit 1.8l, i wonder about million of these journalists telling us what is possible or not... Like Autonews article from today that makes so many false claims about new models. Shouldnt the automotive writers know a bit more than us? How about googling Yaris 1.8l?
Old 09-28-10, 05:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Lexus wants 30k per year sales in Europe, doubling their current sales for full year.
Old 09-28-10, 06:00 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
no, they are saying they didnt use all the space they have already reserved for battery (I think battery horizontally goes up to 50-60% of the trunk, leaving rest empty).
Thanks. I wasn't sure and interpreted that statement above as saying they had more space back there (cargo room) to use for batteries. I like your version better.
Old 09-28-10, 06:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

If they haven't yet used all the reserved space for the battery, then I must say that is a very efficient design.
Old 09-28-10, 07:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Sorry but I fail to see how you came up with this $40k figure. The pricing of the RX450h FWD and RX450h AWD differ only by a mere $1,590 (and that's including a roof rail that's standard only on the AWD), so with the expected base price of the CT200h being no more than $30k, a CT200h AWD should cost well below $32k.

On the other hand, the A3 TDI isn't available with AWD either (in the US at least), so it's likely that even at $32k it's too much for a small hatch according to their market study.
An AWD IS 250 is what 35k. A higher output CT AWD will cost maybe a grand less. Add up the new 4-5k Lexus option packages and wham, you are at 40k.

Dont believe me. Look at A3 AWD pricing. 35k+ easy.

That is one reason why these luxury sub compacts flop here. The value is simply not there many times.
Old 09-28-10, 08:24 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

That is one reason why these luxury sub compacts flop here. The value is simply not there many times.
Yes. I looked at the A3 earlier this year too but got turned off by how quickly it became a "poor" value once equipped the way I would actually buy it. I can attest to that much.
Old 09-28-10, 08:40 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

An AWD IS 250 is what 35k. A higher output CT AWD will cost maybe a grand less. Add up the new 4-5k Lexus option packages and wham, you are at 40k.

Why are you estimating the cost of a CT AWD based on the pricing of the IS AWD when we already know what a much more relevant base car, the CT FWD, will roughly cost (<$30k)? If you're OK with the pricing of the CT FWD, which presumably starts from about $30k, I don't see paying $1,500 for an AWD option to be too much for those who need that extra traction. As for options, they are...optional, and they're applicable to the FWD version too, although I agree that it may be too hard to find stripped Lexuses to make the base prices meaningful.
Old 09-28-10, 10:21 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by STIG
I have been saying this but probably never going to happen.

CT350 6 speed stick with AWD. That would be a winner.
CT F right there
Old 09-29-10, 05:52 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

First drive from Autocar, apparently.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...T-200h/253056/
Old 09-29-10, 06:38 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DustinV

Seems that Toyota need to start focusing on the "magic feel" department if they are to win a few hearts from the magazine editors.
Old 09-29-10, 06:46 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrisyano
Yes. I looked at the A3 earlier this year too but got turned off by how quickly it became a "poor" value once equipped the way I would actually buy it. I can attest to that much.
That is the case with ALL German manufacturers... frustrates me no end
Old 09-29-10, 06:47 AM
Koma

Whats odd is 250h is not in the cards...only 300h and 400h. No way they are going to use the old 3.3 V-6 in the last 400h so what will they use in the vehicle?

I HOPE they can fit AWD in but damn, hybrid and AWD=40k plus hatch...sigh...
STI = 40k hatch but people still buy them (to be fair it starts at like 30k and with all options it's close to 40k)

Had the STI been a two door hatch I would've bought one
Old 09-29-10, 08:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Why are you estimating the cost of a CT AWD based on the pricing of the IS AWD when we already know what a much more relevant base car, the CT FWD, will roughly cost (<$30k)? If you're OK with the pricing of the CT FWD, which presumably starts from about $30k, I don't see paying $1,500 for an AWD option to be too much for those who need that extra traction. As for options, they are...optional, and they're applicable to the FWD version too, although I agree that it may be too hard to find stripped Lexuses to make the base prices meaningful.
YEah but dealers order the cars. I doubt there will be many stripper AWD CTs. LExus and dealers likely figure if people are willing to spend more dough on a small compact they probably will also want options as well.

With the Yen trading where it is the CT does not have any lax in regards to pricing. I HOPE it starts under 30k but that may not happen.

Originally Posted by DustinV

I need to drive the CT but that small powertrain is just challenging to be sporty. Needs more power, period. I dont expect any mag to like it anyway, its a sporty Lexus which makes heads explode.

Originally Posted by Koma
STI = 40k hatch but people still buy them (to be fair it starts at like 30k and with all options it's close to 40k)

Had the STI been a two door hatch I would've bought one
I like the STI a lot but no one is buying it or the EVO, they are now 40k cars and to people that it too much.
Old 09-29-10, 09:12 AM
Koma

I need to drive the CT but that small powertrain is just challenging to be sporty. Needs more power, period. I dont expect any mag to like it anyway, its a sporty Lexus which makes heads explode.

I like the STI a lot but no one is buying it or the EVO, they are now 40k cars and to people that it too much.
I agree, the powertrain in my Scion tC is more performance oriented which is sad because my car is a tarted up econo-box (does it's job pretty well for it's price however). Even if this thing is more nimble than a Lotus I have a hard time buying into a car that has such low power maybe it'll change my mind in a test drive but from the stats I'm not holding my breath.

To be fair the STI and EVO are not supposed to be volume sellers, hence why there's a thing below it called the WRX and Lancer Ralliart.

Quick Reply: Higher Performance, More Efficient Lexus CT200h Models Coming