Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***

Old 04-16-17, 01:41 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Overview:
- Matte black roof vinyl wrap

For this white Lotus Evora, the owner of the car wanted to go with my matte black vinyl wrap material on the roof of the car and also the lower side skirts/rockers of the car. The matte black roof wrap provided a nice contrast with the rest of the car and really provided the car with some more defined lines to show off the shape of the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Walnut to get the vinyl work done on his car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-16-17, 07:27 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap

Lately I have gotten some more SUVs in to get vinyl work done. Probably a progression of those who modified their coupes/sedans before, but now had to get a bigger family car haha. The owner of this white Land Rover Range Rover had me wrap the entire roof his car in gloss black. Unlike most roofs, the roof on this Range Rover was made up of many separate sections, which made it quite a bit of work to wrap, but the end results looked good. The owner of this car was from Beverley Hills Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-16-17, 08:57 PM
Hipopkboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I'm looking to wrap my roof and window chrome trim and also front grill chrome into gloss black. can you pm me how much you charge for a job like this.

Thanks
Old 05-22-17, 11:04 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Plasti dip rear/side/front emblems

For this white Mercedes C63S coupe I plasti dipped the rear/side/front badges to black them out. However, for the rear S on the C63S portion, I left it chrome to give it some contrast still. I also blacked out the rear half of the roof to finish off the black roof look, filling in that large white area that Mercedes leaves body colored. Overall, fairly minor changes to the car, but sometimes you only need a few minor things done to really tie in and finish up the look of the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-03-17, 12:54 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap

Simple things such as wrapping the chrome window trim on this Mercedes Benz C300 in gloss black vinyl can completely change the look of the car. I know vinyl wrapping isn't for everybody, especially with all of the different finishes/colors out there these days, but I am sure the majority of people can agree that black trim over chrome on most cars really cleans up the lines of the car. There may be a few who still favor chrome, but there's a reason why black trim comes as standard on most top level/tier cars from BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. The owner of this car was from Newport Beach and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap done on their car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-12-17, 07:19 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Plasti dip grill
- Plasti dip front / rear badges
- Smoked tinted head / tail lights
- Blacked out lower front bumper / side panels / rear bumper silver trim line vinyl wrap
- Debadged rear trunk HSE emblem

For this black Land Rover Range Rover HSE, I think if most people saw only how the car looked like after I did all of the vinyl wrap and plasti dip work, most would probably have thought that the car came that way from the factory. However, the before/after pictures show everything. The black wrap, plasti dip, and light tinting done completely changed the look of the car to give it a sporty look and feel, while maintaining a very factory look. Some people describe this as an OEM+ type of look. The owner of the car was located in Beverly Hills Los Angeles and brought the car out to me in Anaheim Hills Orange County to have the vinyl wrap and plasti dip work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-24-17, 11:42 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber spoiler wrap

For this blue Nissan R35 GTR, the owner of the car just wanted to add a simple carbon fiber accent to his rear spoiler. We went with the di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to match his other real dry carbon fiber pieces that were on the car. The owner of the car was in Westminster / Orange County and had me come out to him to do the vinyl wrap on his spoiler.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-10-17, 10:49 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

The owner of this black GLC 43 AMG brought his car by to have me lightly tint / smoke the rear tail lights on his car. The owner of this car is a returning customer who also had me lightly tint the tails on his other car. I took pictures of the progress outside, so you guys can see the subtle changes of the tint vinyl wrap that I use. The finish gives the tail lights a nice cherry finish, while still maintaining good light output from the lights and also keeping in line with a very factory / OEM+ type look. The owner of this car was from Pasadena Los Angeles and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-15-17, 11:19 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black roof vinyl wrap
- M Performance side accent stripes
- M Performance lower rocker panel decal

Going with a more aggressive look on this BMW M235i coupe, the owner had me wrap the roof of his car in gloss black and install the M Performance side stripes and also the lower rocker panel decals. The rocker panel decals are more common than the side stripes, but the owner wanted to go with something more aggressive, so he decided to add on the side stripes with the red outline. The owner of this car was from Newport Beach Orange County and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills to do the vinyl wrap install.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 01-23-18, 06:26 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black mirror vinyl wrap
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handles vinyl wrap

On this white Maserati Gran Turismo, the owner of the car wanted to add some simple accents to the car to make it look slightly more aggressive and give it some character. Starting out with some simple accents, we decided to go with wrapping the mirrors, door handles and side skirts in a gloss black vinyl finish. The gloss black finish went well with the already gloss black wheels.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-12-18, 08:59 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim black out vinyl wrap
- Plasti dip matte black rear and side badges

For this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe, we vinyl wrapped both the roof and window trim in a gloss black vinyl wrap finish, which gave the car a finished panoramic look for the roof and matched the gloss black window trim that comes on the night packages from Mercedes. In addition to wrapping those pieces, we also blacked out the side fender badges and rear trunk badges, but leaving the rear star and front grill/hood star emblems chrome still. Instead of blacking everything out, some chrome accents were left over to provide some contrast still. The owner of this car was from Pasadena Los Angeles and came out to us in Anaheim Orange County to have the work done on their car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 03-21-18, 08:25 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss carbon fiber 5D vinyl roof wrap

For those who have blue cars out there, typically a gloss black or similar roof wrap usually ends up being a more subtle touch to the car than how a black roof looks on a lighter colored car like white. In this case, the owner of this estoril blue M235i coupe wanted something that stood out just slightly more than a regular gloss black roof, so we went with the 5D gloss carbon fiber on the roof. The owner of this car was from long beach Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Since a lot of people ask how my gloss carbon fiber finish compares with real carbon fiber finishes, I took a few pictures of my gloss carbon fiber material laid over the real carbon fiber rear spoiler that was on the car. For a vinyl wrap product, this material is going to get you very close to the real thing.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 04-05-18, 11:12 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss carbon fiber 5D front bumper lip vinyl wrap

Here is a white Mercedes Benz C63 sedan that I had worked on during one of my trips up to norcal / bay area to do wraps up there. The owner of this car simply wanted to add just a simple carbon fiber accent to the front bumper area of the car, so we ended up going with the 5D high gloss carbon fiber finish over the factory black painted portion. It's a subtle touch that is not always noticeable right away, but at the right angles and lighting, the carbon fiber weave shows up fairly nicely.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-08-18, 10:35 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear trunk license plate area vinyl wrap

The owner of this car was from norcal and had me do the vinyl wrap work on his car while he was down in socal. We went with gloss black for the roof, side skirts, and rear trunk license plate area. The side skirt design is based off of the motorsport graphic that is also offered from the factory by BMW. The rear license plate and side skirt wrap was a last minute decision, so those were done freehand. Overall, the additional gloss black accents tied in well with the other gloss black pieces on the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-09-18, 09:59 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- 3M 1080 anthracite gloss carbon fiber interior trim vinyl wrap

For this 2016 Audi A7 sedan, we wrapped over the original wood trim pieces with the 3M 1080 CFS201 anthracite carbon fiber vinyl material. Getting rid of the wood look on the interior trim really upgraded the look of the overall interior, giving it a sportier look and feel. I especially liked the way the carbon fiber wrap worked with the aluminum metal trimming that were already on the wood pieces, giving it a nice balance of carbon fiber and metal.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com