Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

\\\\\ PPE Header Group Buy for the IS-F////

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 05:57 AM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good let me know. Also looking into getting a deal on those front new 02 sensors wholesale.
Justin
Old 05-07-12, 07:39 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey CJ, did you see the latest post on the other header thread? They managed to get JM down to $787.50 + free loaner for the installation. The free loaner is a nice addition to the deal but most probably I'll stay right there watching the installation, I hope Mike at AWD can give us a better price.
Old 05-07-12, 08:57 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
To Justin, Juan, Danny, and all the other SF guys...

I just sent Mike at AWD a message this morning about doing the header install. Hes got a very reputable shop and I would definitely trust him with taking care of the header installs. When he gets back to me, ill let you know what he says so you guys can get the ball moving.
Awesome to hear. I'll be waiting!

The JM price isn't bad but isn't great
Old 05-08-12, 04:54 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Pricing now updated to ease the entry point
GB Discount Structure UPDATED!
GB# Discount
<15 10% $1260 shipped
15+ 15% $1190 Shipped

I will also consider throwing in suspension components discounts if there is interest
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 05-08-12, 05:09 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

FIGs: Can you make a count list on the first page to see how many people put a deposit?

I really wanna jump on this gb, but I'm feeling we wont make the requirement of 15pp in 2 weeks.
Old 05-08-12, 06:43 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Don't worry about the 2 weeks, we will keep this going through the end of May.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 05-08-12, 08:21 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

I'm with Danny, I want to jump on this deal but if for some reason we don't reach the 15 people, we'll be out of the other header deal as well. To me either choice is good but I'd rather have PPE, the problem is for a reason that I still don't understand this GB is not taking off. The solution would be to change the deal from GB to first and only header discount, for the whole month of May.
Old 05-08-12, 08:54 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Juan, its the difference of $70 at this point for the 15 people vs not. We are offering it at a flat 10% off right now with no GB requirements.
Old 05-08-12, 09:00 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm still going with the PPE headers and willing to leave my deposit as soon as there are enough people involved.
Old 05-08-12, 09:40 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow you guys got me so confused on which way to go sikky or these price is similar and power gains seem to be as well but the sikkys have proven track times and as for the 02 setup this is no longer a problem with the PPE? Also what coating runs cooler last longer?
Thanks
Justin
Old 05-08-12, 11:52 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by JBFGS300
Wow you guys got me so confused on which way to go sikky or these price is similar and power gains seem to be as well but the sikkys have proven track times and as for the 02 setup this is no longer a problem with the PPE? Also what coating runs cooler last longer?
Thanks
Justin
Justin, I believe that all O2 issues were deemed to be installation instruction issues and were remedied. Apart from damaging an O2 during install you should have no issues. Also, track times can vary quite a bit depending on other factors and power is not a real determination of a fast lap. Sometimes it can make you slower depending on the course.

I think if you look at the care in the PPE design you will see where the benefits are, its in the details. I think both products have their own merits and its nice to be able to have to choose in this market being of such a high investment cost and relatively low consumption.

Both coatings are equivalent in terms of durability and insulative properties.
If you are not familiar with the benefits of ceramic coatings here is a tutorial http://www.jet-hot.com/coatings/
Old 05-09-12, 03:16 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FIGS
Juan, its the difference of $70 at this point for the 15 people vs not. We are offering it at a flat 10% off right now with no GB requirements.
WOW thats pretty good...I'd say awesome if that was free shipping as well(like Sikkys)

Is it? If soo then.................
Old 05-09-12, 07:25 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
WOW thats pretty good...I'd say awesome if that was free shipping as well(like Sikkys)

Is it? If soo then.................
Yes free shipping as well. The first page has been updated but we included free shipping last week.
Old 05-09-12, 07:50 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just left my deposit.
Figs has added the free shipping and set the 10% discount as the starting point. I think he has done everything to take care of everyone's concerns.
Now let's get 15 people and this will be a really amazing deal!
Old 05-09-12, 11:16 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Mike, that I didn't know, I thought we had to meet a minimum. So basically we can send you the money in full and we'll get the headers right away, correct? What if we go beyond 15 people? Do we get a refund for the difference?

To all other people reading this thread, both headers make similar numbers, going with one or the other is a win-win situation. We all know James (caymandiver), give him any car/mod combination and he'll squeeze every possible HP out of it. Sikky was available before any other option, but I'm sure if PPE was available back then and James would have had access to a set, his numbers would have been close (if not identical) to his Sikky numbers.

Craftmanship is arguable, but who will keep the car long enough to see the headers fail because of it? Not me. I'm leaning towards PPE mostly because with their current setup there is no need to relocate the dipstick, period. Dealers will give you a hard time just because you installed an aftermarket exhaust, let alone headers! At this time your emissions' warranty is probably gone, but can you imagine in how many ways the dealer will try to associate the dipstick relocation with an engine issue? That would be a fight that we'll probably lose, so the less opportunities I give my dealer to screw me, the better.

Originally Posted by FIGS

Quick Reply: \\\\\ PPE Header Group Buy for the IS-F////