Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Philips Ultinon D2S & D4S 6000k Bulbs On Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-12, 01:15 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will load pictures this coming week. I am waiting for my huge order from Steve to come in. Beyond excited!
Old 10-15-12, 01:28 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the 07 GS350 OEM bulbs the Philips D4S 4300k?
Old 10-15-12, 08:00 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi,

Not as of yet unfortunately. We are testing out several different brands but we have not found one that we are happy with at the moment.

Steve
Old 10-27-12, 09:55 PM
MANswers
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,

I am looking forward to swap the OEM stock fog lights supposed to be H11 i guess.
I have already ordered a Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K bulbs for the headlight from Xenon Depot.

Having reading tons of reviews here about how good the ultinons in 6000k color temprature..

Having said so, now i am on a quest to find a good HID Kit to replace my Fog Lights I was reading around a lot, and found a lot of brands out there. Few i have shortlisted Volt HID Kit, Morimoto Elite HID Kit from Retro Fit... However i am not aware of there is something better out there within this price range 100-180 dollars. Dont want to go above this, its fog lights anyways. I have also read couple of places Volt HID does not exactly match the color pattern of Ultinon 6000K bulbs.

So guys help me find a good Kit that matches the Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K light. I might even use a relay harness for ballast life..
Here is an example i found on another forum, this guy used mtec bulbs and mtec hid and his hid and headlight matches the same color and brighness.

Old 10-28-12, 01:54 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hey,

What type of vehicle are you planning on installing this in? Just curious as many lexus vehicles use D4S bulbs and not D2s. XenonDepot bulbs rates their bulbs with accurate kelvin descriptions. Im obviously biase but i would take a look at the Xtreme HID kit as the current discounted website price along with the $25 CL discount code brings the price down to $144.99 shipped!

Steve
Old 10-28-12, 08:03 PM
MANswers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hey,

What type of vehicle are you planning on installing this in? Just curious as many lexus vehicles use D4S bulbs and not D2s. XenonDepot bulbs rates their bulbs with accurate kelvin descriptions. Im obviously biase but i would take a look at the Xtreme HID kit as the current discounted website price along with the $25 CL discount code brings the price down to $144.99 shipped!

Steve
Thanks for your reply steve. If you remember i had called you last week for Philips Ultinons 6000k for an Acura MDX 2012, we chatted for a while, and i told you about some authorised sellers selling fakes on the MDX forum. Anyways, I placed my order with your company online the next day itself for Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K, and the Order Number is 29753 . And the very next day you shipped the item. It was pretty fast, thanks for the prompt delivery.
Now i am looking forward to change the Fog lights as well, they are suppposed to be H11.
Hence looking for a HID Kit, now here is the delimma, i've been told that Ultinon 6000K are not like the regular 6000K blue tint blubs, infact they are like pure light. I am wary of going the Volt HID kit way, what if the color does not matches with the head light.
If you look at the picture I posted above, the HID kit for fog lights matches the low beam, both are 6000K, but are MTEC make.

Now, help me identify whats good for me... Volt HID Kit, Xtereme HID Kit, or should i go non Xenon Depot, and go with Morimoto Elite HID... (thats what people on HID planet recommended me that would match the colors with Ultinon 6000K.)
I know you will not recommend any other make other than what Xenon Dept carries, but if after getting the Xenon Depot kits the color does not match with the Low beam of Ultinons.. i am sorry but I will have to send the HID kit back.

As you have sold like hundreds of Ultinons in 6000K color for the head light, what is the choice you have seen that matches the fog HID?

Last edited by MANswers; 10-28-12 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 07:53 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

You need to remember two things:

1) your low beams are projectors and your fog lights are reflective housings meaning that this will play into the overall color output.

2) there is only one kelvin scale. We accurately rate our bulbs meaning that if you order a 6000k kit you will get a bulb that is truely a 6000k bulb. The problem you are facing is that many vendors (no name mentioned) do not do that and end up confusing customers about what color temperatures look like. 6000k will have a bright white output with a slight bluish/ purplish tone.

Steve
Old 10-29-12, 08:50 AM
MANswers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,

You need to remember two things:

1) your low beams are projectors and your fog lights are reflective housings meaning that this will play into the overall color output.

2) there is only one kelvin scale. We accurately rate our bulbs meaning that if you order a 6000k kit you will get a bulb that is truely a 6000k bulb. The problem you are facing is that many vendors (no name mentioned) do not do that and end up confusing customers about what color temperatures look like. 6000k will have a bright white output with a slight bluish/ purplish tone.

Steve
So, whats a good option for me for the fog hid kit that will do justice to my fog lights for the mdx that will match the color temprature of the 6000K ultinons? I understand the difference between the fog housing and the headlight housing difference, this i read elsewhere also, hence i got confused and wanted to ask you.

I also posted here.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...headlight-beam
Old 10-30-12, 07:59 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

If you're looking for the closest match then I would go with a 6000k HID kit. Just make sure to get a kit that is accurately rated. Clearly I'm biased towards the XenonDepot HID kits but at the end of the day, just make sure you get a product from a vendor that you feel comfortable doing business with and that will stand behind their products.

Steve
Old 11-07-12, 09:02 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Only a few sets of Ultinon D2S and D4S HID bulbs left in stock!
Steve
Old 11-16-12, 01:36 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Literally, only a few D2S and D4S Philips Ultinon bulbs. Next batch not due to arrive for a while. If you're looking to get these bulbs then I strongly suggest you get them while you are available. Philips makes these bulbs super hard to get meaning that there is usually a backorder on these bulbs.

Steve
Old 12-20-12, 05:48 PM
br3akenout
Pole Position

placed an order on kbcarstuff.com. How long do you think it'll take to get d4s 6000k bulbs? Was hoping to install these along with my new headlights.
Old 12-27-12, 11:15 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

D4S Ultinon bulbs are still in stock (barely) so your order would ship out same day or next day depending on when you placed your order (keep in mind that yesterday was a statutory holiday so a lot of orders are shipping out today).

Steve
Old 06-04-13, 07:46 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Philips D2S Ultinon and D4S Ultinon back in stock today!!
Steve
Old 06-10-13, 12:45 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

They're BaaaAAAAACK! (limited quantities available)

Philips D2S Ultinon
Philips D4S Ultinon
Philips D3S Ultinon
Philips D1S Ultinon

Quick Reply: Philips Ultinon D2S & D4S 6000k Bulbs On Sale!