Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Zinc plated rotors $280, group buy????

Old 09-27-02, 03:59 PM
gs4to4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just surfin the net and found this from the IS300.NET forum.

I appreciate you setting up a groupbuy for IS300.net.
The front rotors are made by Bradi, which is basically Brembo rotors with Bradi stamping on them since they are made in the same factory. The rear rotors are made by EMC which is made in U.S.A.
We've discontinued plating the rotors since it DOES NOT prevent the rotors from rusting. If you have seen plated rotors, it looks extremely nice coming out of the box but once its installed on your vehicle and water/road salt comes in contact with it, it will turn yellow and eventually wear off that layer of zinc/cad coating and hence, leads to rust. A solution that has been proven to prevent the rotors from rusting is high temperature paint. If the paint is applied over the hub of the rotors and alongside the vents, it will hold up to any type of road condition and will not 'chip' away like zinc/cad coating. I've done this to my own vehicle and as well to many customers' vehicle and its working quite good. However, if you want ainc plating done to the rotors, I will be more than happy to provide you with that service at no additional charge if that is what the IS300.net members want.

We offer a 90 day warranty on cracking. Since brake components are normal wear and tear items, we don't offer long term warranty. However, I want to point out that in the past 4 years that we've distributed brakes, none have been reported of cracking thus far so the quality is top notch.

We've sold more than 200+ sets to ClubLexus members ranging from SC300/400, IS300, and GS300/400/430 and also provide LexusSC400.com with their rotors as well and you will have absolutely no problems on fitment. I guarantee it!

We recommend using Axxis Metal Master semi metallic pads, it will stand up to the heat that is produced during track times.

You will notice an increase of 15-20% over stock brakes and it will be much cooler than your stock brakes.

We have them available in cross drilled/slotted, slotted, and cross drilled. Since all rotors are made to order, you may select from the three options.

Here are some prices that will help you set up the groupbuy:

$230 -2 front/2 rear rotors
$125 -2 front rotors
$125 -2 rear rotors

$90 - front/rear pads
$50 - front pads
$45 - rear pads

If you get more than 10 people in on the buy, prices will decrease.

Sorry about the long email. I hope it explains everything. Get back to me if you have any further questions.
Sincerely,
Kim Vu
Sales Director
www.iRotors.com

------------------------------
Oh boy, here we go again....
So, does anyone know about the quality of these rotors?
Old 09-27-02, 03:59 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Good grief, the checking account gets it again. Guess I am in for the stock replacement setup. What appeals to me here is the dimpling, not the full cross drilled, with the slots. I think the only other outfit I have seen do this is EBC of Greenstuff pad fame. The argument on the dimples is that they do not create the potential weak spot of a full cross drilled (where the cracking rotors is rumored to come from) while still getting the benefits for venting (not too much of an issue) as well as cooling and pad grip, not to mention appearance. The plating is nice but you will eventually go through it so it is not a permanent solution. At least with the rotors in a box, you can get a good coat of paint on the hat section before mounting. Now, if the Wilwood four pot calipers come through for use with 16s, brakes are done.
Old 09-27-02, 04:13 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gs4to4,

thank you for sharing those info with us. like Ron430 said, with the wilwood caliper into the testing stage, it should be a matter of time that another break GB would be released
Old 09-27-02, 04:52 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i believe a member in the SC forum can get you guys these rotors for a bit less, w/ NO group buy... just wanted to share my thoughts...
Old 09-27-02, 06:28 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Hey Will,

Can I buy them now........please.......
Old 09-27-02, 06:46 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

hey Kaju..

well..i guess...how about the new shoes???? you are still going to get some 19s, correct?.hmm, retro already has 19s work LS...chrome though
Old 09-27-02, 06:49 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

damn him..... J/k Retro....

How about them Gettings? Need some ideas..... He has an LS400 though..... Maybe I am still okay with the WORK LS on my GS.....
Old 09-27-02, 06:51 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Gettins or Work LS...your call..btw, WORK IS has 19s now...
Old 09-27-02, 06:57 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Oh great....one more choice to tossed into my undecisive brain........ What's next...the "WORK EUROLINE GS?"

Need to get my budget together, remember, I need the rubbers as well to go along with those nice JDM wheels.

I guess you didn't like those knockoff JDM wheels that I posted for you???? hehee
Old 09-27-02, 07:03 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

man..i passed out after seeing those "Begging for WORK" wheels..luckily there were two hot blondes nearby and gave me CPR..but when i woke up and saw them next to me, i passed out again...:eek:

yeah, i would not be surprised if they have Euroline GS wheels soon...:eek: do not worry, we will put on the new shoes for you here in LA and you can just drive them home...
Old 09-28-02, 12:26 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Default Update?

Any news on this possible deal?
Old 09-29-02, 10:27 PM
lexusnyny
Rookie

also wondering if someone came to an agreement on which rotors to get...or a possible group buy emerges from this?....
Old 09-30-02, 08:53 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Whether or not some kind of group buy comes together, the original post says that if five people get together, they can get the slotted and dimpled RaceConcepts rotors. So, do we have five people interested? If we have five, then I guess we have to see if it is important that all five get the same set as I am interested in just replacing the stockers.
Old 10-01-02, 01:58 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

hey Ron...

from my understanding of the "quotations" above by gs4to4, i think the FIVE can be any configurations...
Old 10-01-02, 03:43 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

hey William,

OK, so I e mailed Race Concepts to say that I am in and to just keep me on the list in case we can get the other four. So the question remains, are the other four out there?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zinc plated rotors $280, group buy????