Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-02, 03:47 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)

Well Steve Ganz has graciously offered to reintroduce this brake group buy due to popular demand.. Please note pricing below is for ClubLexus Members Only.. If not a member this would be the best time to become a member.. Follow this thread on how to become a member:

Click here and scroll down

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricing breakdown (Group Deal Ends August 23, 2002)

All rotors are made by a company called Race Tech (See pictures below).. Very high quality rotors.. I wouldn't expect Steve to sell anything that wasn't and he actually has these on his own personal vehicle (Supra)..

GS cross/slotted,CAD plated silver-$299.00 set (4)

GS/Supra Upgrade,cross/slotted,CAD plated silver-$349.00 set (4)..fronts only-$105.00 each

IS cross/slotted,CAD plated silver-$299.00 set (4)

SC300/400-cross/slotted,CAD plated silver-$325.00 set (4)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EBC Sport Pads Green (Front) - $88.00
EBC Sport Pads Green (Rear) - $78.00

As for the SS brake lines they are only available for the GS and SC cars..

$110.00 w/brake package (rotors & pads) otherwise $126.00..

GS are in stock and SC are being made as we speak and would be available for this deal around June 21st..

Shim Kits / Fitting Kits please PM Steve Ganz for pricing for your vehicle..

For the GS Only:
Supra TT Calipers are $438 for the pair if you want to go that route!

Need to get a minimum of 5 sets(4) for pricing, Shipping not included, weight over 50lbs, UPS ground.

Plus Tax for California residents..

All kits may not be available and most require a 1-2 week waiting period.

You can submit your payment information to our Lexus Performance site at
www.l-tunedparts.com and click on the TRD order page, at the bottom you will see a Verisign secure site logo, click on the"order here" link and it goes directly to Steve Ganz. Mention CL GB on brakes in the comment field. Steve or myself will confirm membership and then the order will go through..

Thank you all for being patient while Steve worked over his vendor.. Post here if you intend to be part of this Brake deal or if you have any additional questions..

This group buy will end on August 23rd so don't miss out!
Old 08-02-02, 03:49 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Ok attached are links to my gallery section where I posted up very detailed pictures of the brake parts..

Picture of Cross Drilled / Slotted Front Race Tech Rotor

Picture of Cross Drilled / Slotted Rear Race Tech Rotor

Picture of EBC Front Pads (Note they are painted black)

Picture of EBC Rear Pads (Note they are painted black)

Picture of EBC generic brake box that the pads came in.. Even thou they are painted they are the real deal EBC pads

Picture of Shim Kits (Front and Rear)

Picture of Fitting Kits (Front and Rear)

Picture of Goodridge Stainless Steel Lines (Front & Rear)

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 08-02-02 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-02-02, 04:10 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

DrRick was nice enough to post up some really nice pictures of his newly installed brakes after some use.. Note the Silver Cad plating gets burnt off after a few stops in the braking area..

This is DrRick's front brakes
Attached Thumbnails New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)-drrick-brakes.jpg  
Old 08-02-02, 04:12 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

DrRick's rear brakes after some use..
Attached Thumbnails New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)-drrick-brakes-2.jpg  
Old 08-02-02, 04:27 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Please ask all questions here and either myself or Steve Ganz will be happy to answer them for you.. If you have pricing querys you may contact Steve Ganz via:

Email: gonzo4u@earthlink.net
Phone: 1-800-908-6968
Old 08-02-02, 07:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Please ask all questions here and either myself or Steve Ganz will be happy to answer them for you.. If you have pricing querys you may contact Steve Ganz via:

Email: gonzo4u@earthlink.net
Phone: 1-800-908-6968
ok, questions

1) so if i get the normal rotors (the 299 one), i will be able to fit my stock wheels on them?
2) if i get the supra upgrade, OR get the supra calipers instead of using the stock ones like DrRick, i won't be able to fit stock wheels?
3) this is subjective, but if i just change the rotors (the 299 set), then the pads, and also the ss lines, how much better would the braking be? i ask coz' if i stay with my stock calipers it would still be 2 pistons right?
4) if i get the supra calipers (it's only for the front right?) that will be 4 pistons?

thanks for the info!
Old 08-02-02, 10:23 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by rominl

ok, questions

1) so if i get the normal rotors (the 299 one), i will be able to fit my stock wheels on them?
2) if i get the supra upgrade, OR get the supra calipers instead of using the stock ones like DrRick, i won't be able to fit stock wheels?
3) this is subjective, but if i just change the rotors (the 299 set), then the pads, and also the ss lines, how much better would the braking be? i ask coz' if i stay with my stock calipers it would still be 2 pistons right?
4) if i get the supra calipers (it's only for the front right?) that will be 4 pistons?

thanks for the info!
ok let me see if i can answer some of these....

1) yes the stock wheels will fit with no problem. make sure that you get the shims and fitting kits. i think that they are around $20, so thats no big deal.
2) the stock wheels will not fit the supra upgrade. reason being the the extra 2 pistons on the outside. they need additional clearance so you need a wheel with the "hi-disc" fitment.
3) i have seen an incredible increase in performance and feel. although some have called this a "side-grade", i would beg to differ. pedal feel is greatly improved, and i dint really need new pads when i changed over. they do emit a little bit of a roar when you stop. nothing obtrusive, but there none the less. i still get a little bit of a smell when i stop hard. but the brakes are only 2 days old.
4) yes the supra brakes are 4 pistons. i couldnt imagine stopping power much better than what i have now.

in conclusion, i love the brakes (look, feel,etc) i had glazed mine as mentioned earlier, so they were ready to be replaced. when you consider the price, this is a no-brainer.......

Doc
Old 08-03-02, 01:20 AM
RacingAristo

Ken,

I'm interested in the SupraTT calipers, Toyota front brake pads, 4 slotted/cross-drilled rotors, shim kit if required, and brake lines if required. If I can use the stock brake line on SupraTT kit, I'd not purchase the aftermarket brake lines. Yes, I like to mushy feeling. LOL. Come to think of it, I'll meet Steve next week. I'll ask him directly. HAHA.

Need to upgrade from my TRD rotors/pads. If anyone is interested, PM me with your price. The rotors/pads are used about 4000 miles. The car is kept inside a garage. No rush/crack on the rotors.

Old 08-03-02, 01:20 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

DrRick,

Thank you for answering those questions.. Couldn't of answered them any better myself.. We've only had the rotors, pads and SS lines installed for 1 day and I also concure that stopping is so much better over the stock setup.. Definately alot of value for the money in my books.. Hope you didn't mind I used your pictures?

RA,

If I were you this is what I would do.. Supra Calipers up front with Supra EBC Pads (I think they are available), Supra sized Cross Drilled / Slotted Rotors, Fitting Kit, Shim Kit and SS lines.. For the finished look get the rear GS stock sized cross drilled / slotted rotors plus EBC pads, Fitting Kit, Shim Kit & SS lines.. Now get all of this installed with new brake fluid and for under 1 grand you will have the next best thing to a $3,000 AP racing setup..

Ok guys I am on vacation till Tuesday next week so if you have any question just send them here and i'll get to them next week.. BTW 27 people got in on the last group buy.. Mr Ganz will more than likely not offer this deal again since the Rotors and Pads are hard to come by so don't miss out on this opportunity for CL Members Only!!
Old 08-03-02, 02:32 PM
RacingAristo

Ken,

I doubt that everything you mentioned would be under 1G. Add up just the parts, it'd cost at least $1063 + taxes, don't know how much shim kit costs. If I could get everything including installation for under 1G, I'd do it.

I don't see the point to upgrade the rear pads and brake lines. Brake lines don't improve the performance but rather improve the "feeling". However, I like the soft pedal feeling. Maybe I'll just get the rotors and front pads. I could get used SupraTT calipers somewhere else.

Old 08-03-02, 05:26 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in for:

GS cross/slotted,CAD plated silver
EBC Sport Pads Green
EBC Sport Pads Green

Will I need the shim/fitting kit? I really do not know exactly what this is for. I have stock rims right now but I do not plan on installing any of this until I order my rims which will be Axis Muse 19's.
Old 08-03-02, 08:21 PM
RacingAristo

ph,

no, you don't need shim kit for OEM replacement.

Old 08-04-02, 01:53 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RacingAristo
ph,

no, you don't need shim kit for OEM replacement.
so you disagree with what dr rick said about needing the shim and fitting kits? after searching the past full year with reading, i still have not found a clear-cut answer.
Old 08-04-02, 09:43 AM
RacingAristo

bravo,

You would need shim kit when you upgrade to SupraTT brake kit. Otherwise, if you just replace the OEM rotors/pads with aftermarket OEM size rotors/pads, you don't need shim kit. Is that clear?

Old 08-04-02, 01:39 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so....ummm...no breaks for 1st gen LS?

I am ready to buy!

Quick Reply: New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)