Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-02, 09:09 AM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by rominl

the RA, more dust you mean you get more dust with the trd pads right? how about the green stuff? they have just as much dust?

also, i was playing with different options, if i have to stay with stock calipers, i canNOT get the supra upgrade.... right? or can i? i can't change the calipers coz' from time to time i have to put back the stock 17....
When I said more dust, I was referring to TRD pads/motors combo. EBC does have less dust, but if you only upgrade to EBC pads, your stock rotors will be gone really soon. I changed my M3 stock rotors twice a year with EBC pads before getting a set of Brembo rotors. The problem solves.

I don't really understand your questions regarding the supra brake kit. If you have stock calipers, you cannot use Supra rotors, Supra pads, and Supra brake lines. If you use stock 17", you cannot use any Supra brake parts. Is that clear?

Old 08-14-02, 10:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo

When I said more dust, I was referring to TRD pads/motors combo. EBC does have less dust, but if you only upgrade to EBC pads, your stock rotors will be gone really soon. I changed my M3 stock rotors twice a year with EBC pads before getting a set of Brembo rotors. The problem solves.

I don't really understand your questions regarding the supra brake kit. If you have stock calipers, you cannot use Supra rotors, Supra pads, and Supra brake lines. If you use stock 17", you cannot use any Supra brake parts. Is that clear?
ah ic, thanks! sad sad sad.... that means no supra upgrade for me at all

umm.... so the race tech rotors would be able to work with the ebc pads well?
Old 08-14-02, 10:49 AM
gsphil
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the replies

Tks for the anwers on my "how to buy" question.
Old 08-14-02, 11:07 AM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by rominl
umm.... so the race tech rotors would be able to work with the ebc pads well?
I've never used any race tech rotors before. Therefore I couldn't provide any information on them. However, Steve only sells quality products. I wouldn't worry about that.

If I were you, I'd always stick with big name brand on the brake. It can save you from an auto accident.

Old 08-14-02, 12:06 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

The EBC brake pad work very well with the Race Tech rotors. Todd at TM Engineering did my install and has also done the Supra TT upgrade on several other GSs. He commented that of all the Supra brake installs and tests that he has done, my Race Tech/EBC seem to perform the best. I don't think he was blowing smoke...he told BLiu (Brent) the same thing.
Old 08-14-02, 12:10 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RaceTech and EBC for me. gotta wait until the veeeery last day since money got really tight recently. where is a good place to find some EBC? tirerack?
Old 08-14-02, 12:44 PM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by bravo261
where is a good place to find some EBC? tirerack?
Steve of course.

Old 08-14-02, 08:05 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

but doesn't steve's price not match tirerack?
Old 08-14-02, 11:54 PM
RacingAristo

That, i'm not sure.

Old 08-16-02, 04:23 PM
gsphil
10th Gear

Default Excited - got the order in..

OK, I'm excited now. Just got off the phone with Angel at Carson Toyota after placing my order for the rotors, pads and shim/fitting kit. This is my first mod!

Steve Ganz emailed yesterday that the parts had come in and asked me to contact Angel.

Lexus of Nashville quoted me $200 for the install which seems reasonable so I'll have it done there.

Thanks for the responses to my earlier questions.
Old 08-19-02, 02:41 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

gsphil,

congratulations on your first mod and completing the whole group buy thing. your bank account is all downhill from here. once you mod, you can't stop. unless you leave CL right away. you don't see many of us with one or two things!

as for install, try a midas or other locally reputable shops. i bet they'll be able to do it for $100. my dealer wanted $450, what ******. good luck to you
Old 08-19-02, 03:38 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ken,

Thanks for answering my question. I'll go with the cross-drilled and slotted like the rest of you. I just don't want to hear squeeking - that drives me nuts, a little roar is fine. I just emailed Steve to place my order.

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 08-20-02, 02:12 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

I will be ordering the EBC brake pads F/R later today (20th)
Old 08-20-02, 03:13 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Template for SUPRA brakes

Guys,

is there anyone who has a template so I can check if the Supra brakes will fit my GS? At the last meet I did a rough measurement with a credit card, and it looks like my rims will clear (barely), but before I committ to spending over a "g" on brakes and stuff I want to make sure it'll fit (no spacers and new rims are not an option).

Also can we get a price on Front Supra TT upgrade (pair of rotors)
and rear only (non Supra) Slot/Drilled (pair of rotors)? I am guessing roughly half the 4 rotor price.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-02, 03:30 PM
damnboy
Pole Position

I just changed my front pads not long ago if I jump on this group buy do you recommend changing the front pads again?

Quick Reply: New Brake Group Buy (GS, SC & IS only)