Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** UPDATE ** Wood Steering Wheel Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-03, 03:27 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: Price drop???

now the wheel is back to AS because of Wood is splitting.[/B]
Where is it splitting? Do you have any pics of the damage?
Old 09-10-03, 06:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those prices are old.

The current prices are:

3-Spoke - $479 + $12 shipping
4-Spoke - $409 + $12 shipping

Non-Paid member pay $30 more, Lurkers (people who aren't even Non-Paid members) pay $50 more.

Also, before you send anything to anyone, CONTACT ME. A/S does not want any ClubLexus members calling them directly. You are to contact me via email (gs430@mac.com) or these prices will all go up. The reason why we're getting these prices is because *I'M* handling all the paperwork, payments, and questions. So make sure you contact me.

A member recently ship his wheel to me after several months of no contact. To say the least, he will not be getting his wheel back any time because now it has to tracked, resent, etc., etc...so again, CONTACT ME FIRST.
Old 09-10-03, 08:38 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel finally arrived

Hey Manaray:

My steering wheel finally arrived yesterday. Thanks again for all your help. As I expected, the workmanship was flawless! Definitely worth the extended wait. They actually used a *slightly* different shade of wood than what they used on my old 4-spoke wheel. It looks even better than the original IMO. To anyone who is considering this mod...you will be VERY happy with the results. I only wish Terry still worked there. When I had my old 97 SC, I was very concerned about the leather matching the factory air bag cover. Terry solved this problem by sending me several sample pieces of leather, so I could see EXACTLY what I was getting.

The wood wheel really completes the woodgrain package of the SC's interior. I've gotten several compliments on it already. I'll post some pics as soon as they are available.

Doug
Old 09-11-03, 09:46 AM
certless
Driver School Candidate

Default temp wheel

does anyone know if the sc wheel will fit on the LX so I can order a wood update? Still looking for a wheel to use while mine is being updated.
Old 09-20-03, 12:07 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Letsride: here is a picture for you.

Thanks to Manaray's effort, A/S is reimbursing some of my installation cost. At this point, the wheel is still with AS and will return to me in two weeks. Regardless, I think my case is an isolated instance and A.S. people are very professional and receptive about this defect and is replacing a brand new wood on my steering wheel.
Attached Thumbnails ** UPDATE ** Wood Steering Wheel Group Buy-dsc00140-new.jpg  
Old 09-23-03, 09:48 AM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default 2001 gs300 steering wheel

Does anybody have a wheel I can use well mine is getting done. I am willing to send it back and pay money for the useage time??

chaskim
Old 09-23-03, 02:46 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Default Re: 2001 gs300 steering wheel

Originally posted by chaskim
Does anybody have a wheel I can use well mine is getting done. I am willing to send it back and pay money for the useage time??

chaskim
Cha: I am using a loan wheel provided to me by A/S with a $90 refundable deposit. I don't know if they are doing this for me because of the trouble I am going through (see above). The wheel do not have the e-shift button but it works just fine on my 01 GS3. You should inquire this with A/S.
Old 09-23-03, 06:28 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

GSXOTIC
Thanks I will call them tomorrow
chaskim
Old 09-25-03, 09:47 AM
Clocksnstu
Driver School Candidate

Default Steering Wheel

Doug, Did you sell your 4 spoke wheel? Could I get a picture? scanlanhome@juno.com Thanks, Kevin
Old 09-25-03, 01:46 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

you ask for people to contact you.. but I've been contacting you bud and no response

Originally posted by Manaray
Those prices are old.

The current prices are:

3-Spoke - $479 + $12 shipping
4-Spoke - $409 + $12 shipping

Non-Paid member pay $30 more, Lurkers (people who aren't even Non-Paid members) pay $50 more.

Also, before you send anything to anyone, CONTACT ME. A/S does not want any ClubLexus members calling them directly. You are to contact me via email (gs430@mac.com) or these prices will all go up. The reason why we're getting these prices is because *I'M* handling all the paperwork, payments, and questions. So make sure you contact me.

A member recently ship his wheel to me after several months of no contact. To say the least, he will not be getting his wheel back any time because now it has to tracked, resent, etc., etc...so again, CONTACT ME FIRST.
Old 09-27-03, 05:35 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try emailing me again...GS430@mac.com

I don't remember seeing your email. Make sure you give me your ClubLexus screen name when you email.

Out of all the wheels we've done for this group buy, GSxotic's is the only one that had a defect. It will be nice to see another picture once it's back.

If anyone has a their loaner wheel available, please post here. You guys are welcome to sell them outright or loan them. It's up to you.
Old 09-27-03, 10:05 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Temp wheel

I have an old ES wheel I used while sending mine to AS. It's not perfect but serves the purpose.

$70 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails ** UPDATE ** Wood Steering Wheel Group Buy-103-0353_img_sm.jpg  

Last edited by JacobT; 09-27-03 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-29-03, 02:51 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Just called A/S. The wheel will be shipped out on Thursday. Yes, I will post the picture once I receive it.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 10-02-03 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-03-03, 09:59 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default manaray

Is this group buy still available?If so, how much for a first gen gs300?Please pm me with the information.Thanks.
Old 10-07-03, 01:15 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Johnee:

I will be proactive by PM Manaray if you are interested. Also, you might want to read the first few pages of this thread before you post your question to the "Master" because some of your questions may be answered already.

to answer your question, yes, this group buy is still available.

Quick Reply: ** UPDATE ** Wood Steering Wheel Group Buy