Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Brake Deal Group Buy Pricing Breakdown

Old 06-20-02, 02:48 PM
miko400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Upgrade

Well, I order the standard brake upgrade but I didn't get the Supra TT upgrade. So, I hope that the performance is better than the Factory Brakes. Plus if you guys really want to go all out get Brembo upgrade. But that stuff is a bit steep for me.
Old 06-20-02, 03:23 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Brake Upgrade

Originally posted by miko400
But that stuff is a bit steep for me.
for the love of god, man, don't let manaray hear that!!
Old 06-21-02, 02:19 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing wrong with that...I mean a JUN prepped 2JZ-GTE swap is too steep for me...if someone wants a brake "sidegrade", that's their business...so long as they don't buy Dodge Neon brakes because they couldn't afford the correct ones for the GS....
Old 06-21-02, 05:58 AM
miko400
Driver

Default BRAKE

Thanks for the support. I just have the money for Rims and plus the Brake upgrade. I thought the GB sounded pretty good to me. But I don't think Manary agrees with me. I wish I could also get AP brake upgrade that sounds even better. They use them on race cars....
Old 06-21-02, 03:47 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

I didn't get an order confirmation so, I checked with Steve and found out he never received my order. Must be a blessing in desguise, because I have now decided to go with the Supra TT upgrade instead.

I just have a couple of questions before placing my order:

1) Is the Supra TT and TRD brake kits one and the same?

2) Will the EBC pads work with the Supra TT/TRD calipers?
Old 06-21-02, 05:30 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Wink

EBC brake pads rulee!!!!

just put mine on my self....

way too easy to install...

for the rear ... it takes 10 mins to install each side... (if you have big wheels.... you wont even have to take the wheels off!!!!) all you do is take off the top clip take out the little metal bar thingie.. slide out the old brake pads and silde in the new ones!! no bolts @ all!!)

For the front.. you take off you wheel.... unscrew the 2 smaller bolts on the caliper... slide out the caliper... pull out the 2 pads put in the EBC green... silde caliper back on screw the 2 bolts back on....

get in the car.. pump the brake pedal... like say... 25 times... or until it becomes.. normal.. (after you put on the pads it will be very soft.. so pump away.....)

Skill level to change the pads.....
out of 10.... with 10 being the hardes...

i would rank it a 3

yea very easy...

you can do it in your garage...

UNLESS.....

You wanna Bleed your brakes out...
Which is really not nessacary... unless you havent gotten a brake job done ina while... (i just did a couple-a months ago)
but yeah to bleed the brakes.. you need to lift whole car up all wheels off... unscrew bleeding bolt blah blah blah....) my advise.... if you wanna bleed your brakes.. take it to the Shop.... but you dont have to bleed em.... its really not that big deal if you got brake service done b4... not too long ago.. or a full service from Lexus dealership.....(dont bleed yoru brakes ... unless their realy bad right now)

Hope this helps some...

Oh and take off the rotor is very easy also... Just un-do the 2 big bolts on the caliper (located on the very bottom of the caliper) ... i couldnt take em off.. they were on too tight.... mayb needed one of those electric guns that open bolts..(forgot what they were called) but yea if you can take off those boths.. then your good to go... again.. very easy... so you dont have to spend 200$ at the brake shop....

Do It Yo sellF ------ PUNK
Old 06-22-02, 03:50 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GunnerMac

1) Is the Supra TT and TRD brake kits one and the same?

2) Will the EBC pads work with the Supra TT/TRD calipers?
1. No, the supra ones are about 1" larger and are cross-drilled. require new calipers and big wheels with it. TRD kits are slotted rotors and are OEM replacements. They also use your stock calipers, but new pads should always go with new rotors. getting supra TT ones is an escalating commitment.

2. Should, but not fully sure.

CAMREN,

thanks for that info, never knew changing it all was that easy. still, i'm having a midas shop do it all once i order. not putting my brake system under my own care
Old 06-22-02, 12:48 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bravo261

1. No, the supra ones are about 1" larger and are cross-drilled. require new calipers and big wheels with it. TRD kits are slotted rotors and are OEM replacements. They also use your stock calipers, but new pads should always go with new rotors. getting supra TT ones is an escalating commitment.

2. Should, but not fully sure.

CAMREN,

thanks for that info, never knew changing it all was that easy. still, i'm having a midas shop do it all once i order. not putting my brake system under my own care
hey no problem.....

its just that ... more you do stuff to your car your self... more you learn about your car.... and it just might come in handy in the future....
Old 06-23-02, 10:25 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok guys last week to get in on this deal.. On Sunday June 30 this will conclude this package deal that Steve Ganz was kind enough to put together for us CL Members so don't miss out..

The sticky has been taken down in the respective forums and moved the classified location and stickied..
Old 06-25-02, 05:08 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Ok guys Mr GS400 was nice enough to post up some really excellent photos of his stock brake upgrade with the drilled and slotted rotors with EBC Greenstuff Pads and SS lines..

Click here to take a peek..

https://www.clublexus.com/cgi-bin/ph...=2&si=Mr+GS400
Old 06-27-02, 08:49 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Well- after seeing the pics I decided to order up the stock upgrade. Mr. Ganz e-mailed me back within 3 hours! I like the quick turnaround. Thanx to 2Savvy for answering my questions.

Camren- I'm with you..this is an extremely simple job and can be done by a novice mechanic. No one loves your car more than you do. Save some money!

Peace
Old 06-28-02, 01:08 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

hey, thanks for the link. didn't know those where the ones that steve have to sale
Old 07-02-02, 07:09 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Ok guys just wanted to give you all an update to tell you how many people got in on the group buy.. Talked to Steve Ganz earlier tonight and he informed me 23 people got in on the brake deal.. Very successful group buy so congrats to all those who got in on the deal.. Maybe down the line Steve will issue this group deal again but for now it has ended..

I'll leave this up for another week for anyone who wants to add comments on how they like their new brakes then I will close this thread..
Old 07-12-02, 10:51 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

I just found out ebc doesnt make pads for the rear for the sc from steve ganz. what would you guys recommend as a replacement?
Old 07-12-02, 12:43 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

good question, but traffic here might be slow at this point. might want to start a new thread in the gs forum or even wheels forum for general pad advice/suggestions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Deal Group Buy Pricing Breakdown