Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Clazzio Seat Covers for 1998 - 2005 GS, *1992 - 2000 SC Coming Soon*

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 04:41 PM
RMSJeff
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clazzio Seat Covers for 1998 - 2005 GS, *1992 - 2000 SC Coming Soon*

Hi Guys,

I'm back (after our original Gauging Interest Thread a few months back) with the Clazzio Seat Covers as a sponsor

The covers have finally arrived in the US for GS2, but are still in customs awaiting clearance (will be available for shipment by Monday, April 5).

For those of you that missed the original thread, Clazzio is a seat cover made by 11i. The fitment of these Japanese designed seat covers surpasses most of the other items I've seen on the market. 11i came to the US with their Toyota line about 3 years ago. In the last 3 years, we've moved forward with Scion models along with other brands (primarily Honda and Nissan, plus a handful of other makes to boot).

Now, we're moving into the restoration area for Lexus. Right after SEMA 2009, we received quite a few requests for GS2 seat covers. All of my friend's GS2s and SC1s have extremely worn driver's seat bottoms and it costs quite a bit to replace the cover or reupholster it. The Clazzio option allows for a full vehicle seat make-over at an affordable price.

Pricing is $599. retail ($539. selling price) for the full vehicle (front and rear seats, and headrests, armrests also, in the GS' case).
http://www.resetmotorsportsllc.com/s...3&cat=1&page=1

Shipping is complimentary within the 48 contiguous states, Hawaii (a first? ha-ha), and Canada until further notice (no coupon code required).

Take an additional 10% off for the first 10 orders with coupon code: CLGSOffer

Review by CL Member: Milky
Source Link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5406240-post25.html

Originally Posted by Milky
Hey everyone,
Thought I'd share some thoughts/reviews on these Clazzio seat covers:

Initial impression:
When I first stumbled upon the clazzio seat covers thread in the vendor forum, I felt it was be a good idea to get new leathers for an almost 10 year old car. I saw the pictures, and i was convinced that it was a good idea. Then I realized that these were seat covers not seat replacements.I was a little hesitant to get them now because they were only covers. I had a picture in my mind that these "covers" were similar to the ones sold at pepboys just to cover your seats. This could not be more wrong - these covers should just be called leather replacements.. it's THAT good.

Review/Thoughts:
First, the covers are very high quality. It could pass off as OEM quality seats IMO. The sides are vinyl, and the center portion is leather. The 2001 GS did not come with perforated leather, which i prefer over the standard leather. With these seat covers, it almost as if i had the perforated seats.

As far as fitment goes, i think this is what I am most impressed about. The fitment is pretty darn good for some seat covers. Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. Depending on how picky you are, some may even feel its a perfect fit. Keep in mind that I'm giving this review based on just a few days after install. There are still a few wrinkles, but that should go away after the leather settles.

Driver/passenger seating: Fitment is spot on. There is a little wrinkle/sagging around the right inside corner, but its not that noticeable. Just for those that are super picky. Everything lines up perfectly though. For the seat backs, it doesn't stick to the original seats, so it is a little poofy. I kinda like it this way because it feels like there is more cushion/back support. The space in between the seat and seat covers may get smaller later, but only time will tell.

Center console: This fitment is just OEM. 100% perfect. There is a little rubbing on the side with the passenger seat cover, but i think that'll go away after a while.

Rear seats: Again fitment is very good. Not as good as the driver/passenger seats, but its still good. There are little wrinkles towards the bottoms of the seats, but i think with some work it can be minimized. The arm rest for the rear seats is kinda tight also, but i think it will loosen with time. Also, in order to use the rear cup holders, there is a velcro thing you have to unfasten, and the cup holders pop out. I don't use my rear seats very often, so it doesn't bug me at all.

Headrests: Fitment is perfect.

Conclusion
With all that being said, I think this is an excellent, no-brainer purchase for a few reasons. First, i think the pricing is what drew me in. For under $500 (plus install ~$150, if you choose this route of course), you're getting close to OEM seat covers which almost act as replacements. The next best alternative is probably leatherseats.com which can run close to $1k or more, not to mention the labor involved in re-upholstering the seats. That can cost up to 3 times more than this!

The next reason is because of the quality and fitment, which you can refer to up up above. You're not getting garbage here. These are high quality seat covers. Most 10 year old cars, give or take a few years, with OEM leather will have some sort of cracking or deep creases. Sure you can buy a ton of leather cleaning products and restore it, but those products can get expensive, and in the end, its still 10 year old leather.

Lastly, if you ever sell your car, you can always un-install these covers. So if for any reason you're unsatisfied with the covers, just take them off and sell them. Just think of it as an aftermarket accessory, haha.

Oh and Jeff and his installer are superb people. Jeff is a standup guy, no BS, he'll tell you as it is. Installer is professional and does the job right. Great customer service, talk to him yourself!

I'll post some updates in a few weeks about the wrinkles after the leather settles. Hope this helps everyone!
Black

Ivory

In the future, we will start taking custom color combination orders. Additional leather colors include:

Gray

Beige

Red

Blue

Yellow

Additional Photos:
2GS: Black in Ivory Vehicle (Original test-fit vehicle): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3228366&ref=mf
2GS: Black in Black Vehicle (Forum Member: Milky): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3228366&ref=mf

The 92-00 SC covers will be available mid-June 2010.

Here are the photos of our final pre-production version of the GS covers (Black used to show the dividing line from stock to cover):

Other Vehicle Installs:
2009 Tacoma - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3228366&ref=mf

2010 Camry SE - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3228366&ref=mf

Please send any feedback or questions my way

Thank you,
Jeff

Last edited by RMSJeff; 04-15-10 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Add Review/Link
Old 03-30-10, 04:55 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Those are nice!! The fitment is spot on!
Old 03-30-10, 05:49 PM
drewefx
Pole Position

Im liking as well but man with a gold car, what we gon do now?
Old 03-30-10, 06:06 PM
RMSJeff
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ecr527
Wow. Those are nice!! The fitment is spot on!
We aim to please We're starting with our most logical choices (GS and SC, as they seem to have the common wear on the driver's seat bottom), but plan to expand to most of the Lexus line. The RX 04-09 is the next set we are considering.

Originally Posted by drewefx
Im liking as well but man with a gold car, what we gon do now?
With an Ivory interior? The ivory leather is an off-white creamy color. I will have more photographs once the stock is sorted out.

Here is a scan of the Ivory (Perf. Leather)

Old 03-30-10, 06:26 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in for red when that makes it over here
Old 03-30-10, 07:11 PM
hungwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by RMSJeff
The 92-00 SC covers will be available mid-June 2010.

Thank you,
Jeff
Jeff,

The leather in my 99 SC is in good shape, but I'd be interested in Saddle-colored covers - please consider this for the future!!!

Thanks,

Hung
Old 03-30-10, 09:20 PM
Toyboy300
Driver

Would you sell covers in grey for the front seats and arm rest? My rear seat is still in nice condition.
Old 03-30-10, 09:55 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

clazzio seat covers are really nice, no different color stitching or centers?
alot of people off the other fourm im on have them and love em..
Old 03-30-10, 09:58 PM
RMSJeff
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by excluesive
I am in for red when that makes it over here
It will be available as a custom order. It's a very unique contrast that gets some interest here and there, so we cannot justify stocking. A custom order would be approx 8-10 weeks out (added to production queue and sent to the US via sea)

Originally Posted by hungwin
Jeff,

The leather in my 99 SC is in good shape, but I'd be interested in Saddle-colored covers - please consider this for the future!!!

Thanks,

Hung
Saddle is the brownish-red color, correct? We will be investigating new color options specifically for the premium line, but it will likely not occur until late 2010.

Originally Posted by Toyboy300
Would you sell covers in grey for the front seats and arm rest? My rear seat is still in nice condition.
We can definitely do that. The gray would be a special order though. We are currently only stocking the Black and Ivory ones.
Old 03-30-10, 10:11 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much for rears for the SC?
Old 03-30-10, 10:13 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you guys located and do you offer install/warranty?
Old 03-30-10, 10:14 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

are you available to acquire 90-94 Ls400 covers?
Old 03-30-10, 10:22 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you take/upload pics of how the whole interior looks? Dash and all?
Old 03-30-10, 10:34 PM
RMSJeff
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hil
How much for rears for the SC?
I will have to double check, but if it's the same price break down as the GS, it will be about $350. (retail) for the rear seat (includes seat bottom and seat back). I will report back once I get the photos of the SC version.

Originally Posted by milky
Where are you guys located and do you offer install/warranty?
I am located in Monterey Park, but we do have trained mobile installers. They will go to your home (within a 40 mile radius) and do the installation for $120. They will install the covers and tweak them to ensure the stitching/piping areas are aligned properly. I've installed a set in my 4Runner, and it took me about 3 hours (I'm a big guy). After that, I just had my installer do my Scion and Camry... totally worth it, LOL. The professional installers can complete an installation between 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on the specific model. Installation instructions (model-specific) are also included if you wanted to try it out (pictures and text).

Our warranty is against product defects, so if something seems to be prematurely wearing out, you can submit a claim for replacement of that piece. In 3 years, we haven't had any issues with premature wear.

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
are you available to acquire 90-94 Ls400 covers?
We are thinking of the previous gen LS too, but we do need a minimum commitment in order to get the project started. From what I've seen, there is a difference between the seats of the 90-92, and the 93-94, so we will have to test fit in both model versions to ensure proper fitment. James@Longo has already volunteered his LS for the test fit if this happens. I'm sure he'll be pushing this on the forum in the near future, haha.

The buy in I have to do with the manufacturer is 20 units. Let me crunch the numbers and see what the minimum presale has to be in order for me to invest in creating the LS covers. We are currently doing fitment testing on the RX 04-09, so we may not be able to start the LS project until the start of May. I'll send over a PM once I figure it out and we can proceed from there.

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Can you take/upload pics of how the whole interior looks? Dash and all?
The kit is only for the seats, armrests (if applicable) and headrests covers. I will be able to take a picture of the GS next week if you'd like.
Old 03-31-10, 12:40 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know its not for the dash I wanted to get full shots of the interior, as I want to refreshen my interior, and these look like quality seats, except you don't have tan. I want to see how black seats an tan interior look like. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Clazzio Seat Covers for 1998 - 2005 GS, *1992 - 2000 SC Coming Soon*