Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Carbotech Brake Pads - MADE IN USA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 03:39 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carbotech Brake Pads - MADE IN USA!!!

Carbotech Brakes... Innovations in Braking Technology

Carbotech performance brakes feature a unique brake pad technology that is now being used by pro racers, club racers, tuners, and law enforcement agencies across the country.

Carbotech brakes utilize a ceramic and metallic construction in a range of compounds that out-perform competitive brakes. Carbotech brakes are made from compounds that offer higher initial bite, torque and fade resistance—providing consistent brake modulation and performance over a wide range of operating temperatures.

In addition, Carbotech brakes are rotor friendly, saving money and keeping your vehicle out of the service shop far longer than the competition.
Carbotech brakes give you:

* Assured stopping power
* Increased overall performance and handling
* Excellent modulation and release characteristics
* Better control entering the corners
* Longer brake pad and rotor life—up to four times longer than the competition!
* Longer rotor life
* Non-corrosive dust

Carbotech is proud to have been selected as the Official Brake Pad of the United States Endurance Racing Association.

more

Brake Compounds

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™

The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser, and has won multiple SCCA Solo 2 and Prosolo National Championships. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. Bobcat 1521™ compound has also been found to extend the life of your rotors 2-3 times. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

Carbotech™ AX6™ (1106™)

The AX6™ takes the place of the Panther Plus™ compound that was so successful. AX6™ was specifically engineered for Autocross applications. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range (50°F to 1150°F +). Advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial “bite”, high coefficient of friction, and very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. AX6™ offers high fade resistance, rotor friendliness at all temperatures, excellent cold stopping power, and non corrosive dust. As a result, AX6™ is an excellent choice for Autocross & AX6™ has gained tremendous popularity with SCCA Prosolo/Solo2 competitors for its fantastic bite, release & modulation. Many drivers use the AX6™ for street driving as well, even though Carbotech doesn’t recommend street driving with AX6™ due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. AX6™ is NOT a race compound, and should not be used as such. AX6™ shouldn’t be used by any intermediate or advanced track day drivers, and should not be used with “R” compound tires (racing tires).

Carbotech XP8™ (1108™)

A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range (200°F-1350°F+). Carbotech XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Outstanding initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly with 100% non-corrosive dust. Excellent as a front brake pad for lighter ITA, ITB, ITC, SRF, H4, H5, and other cars that weigh less than 2,400lbs. Perfect for novice, intermediate and advanced track day (HPDE) use with any tire, and can still be driven safely to and from the track. There are several vehicles that use XP8™ on the street, autocross, and at track day (HPDE) events. Carbotech does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. XP8™ is also a great rear brake pad for almost any race car (Spec Miata-T1/T2/CMC). XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.

Old 02-01-10, 03:16 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

monday bump
Old 02-01-10, 03:48 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

So who sells them in San Diego for SC430??? Can seem to find a retailer.
Old 02-01-10, 04:30 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

we can ship them to CA ... give us a call (631-586-3520) or email us at sales@ravspeconline.com

Or you can paypal us (paypal@ravspeconline.com).

If order Front and rear pair, free shipping. If just front or just rear, add $10 for shipping.

Thanks !

Mark.
Old 02-08-10, 09:26 AM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

monday bump
Old 02-12-10, 09:11 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was wondering if I could get drilled rotors (front & rear) for my '08 LS460.

I also want ceramic brake pads (front & rear) that best fit my car for regular daily use (no interest in racing stuff). What is the best brake pads for me? Would it be Bobcat 1521?

How much would the whole thing cost me? To be shipped to NY.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-10, 09:55 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JFNash
I was wondering if I could get drilled rotors (front & rear) for my '08 LS460.

I also want ceramic brake pads (front & rear) that best fit my car for regular daily use (no interest in racing stuff). What is the best brake pads for me? Would it be Bobcat 1521?

How much would the whole thing cost me? To be shipped to NY.

Thanks!
Is your LS460 with/without the touring package?

Bobcat 1521 is the best brake pads for you, not only are the dust non corrosive but there has been instances where it prolong rotor life and outlast OE pads by 2-3 times. $328 for bobcat 1521 front and rear shipped and the price includes the tax.

At the moment the brands we offer for rotors don't have your application.

Ryan@Ravspec
Old 02-14-10, 09:24 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have touring pkg but I do have 19" after-market rims installed.

Still can't offer me something?
Old 02-15-10, 11:12 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JFNash
I don't have touring pkg but I do have 19" after-market rims installed.

Still can't offer me something?
There is a chance we can source out the DBA 4000 series for you.

19" wheel has no problem with DBA 4000 rotors.

You are looking at around $680 shipped for the DBA rotors front and rear in drilled + slotted.

Let me know if you would like us to order it. here is a pic of the rotors.

There is a cheaper street version .. around $550 shipped. You can also consider that setup.

I do prefer the 4000 series over the street series.

Old 02-15-10, 11:59 PM
BoostedE21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They use XP8's on the Miatas at Texas World Speedway - they're great pads and with the proper tires they'll put your face through the windshield, even on stock calipers - but they always complain that they'll eat rotors until they're up to proper temperature.
Old 02-16-10, 10:28 AM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BoostedE21
They use XP8's on the Miatas at Texas World Speedway - they're great pads and with the proper tires they'll put your face through the windshield, even on stock calipers - but they always complain that they'll eat rotors until they're up to proper temperature.
Yes, alot of teams uses the carbotech pads for their race cars and most even it on their DD. These are great pads, hands down.

Ryan@Ravspec
Old 02-26-10, 08:15 AM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

NE snow storm bump!!!
Old 03-06-10, 06:31 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

weekend bump !!!
Old 03-06-10, 08:46 PM
njs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will these work with k sport BBK? Also did u guy get your BBk setup done, the dba withe endless calipers? Thanks..
Old 03-07-10, 07:51 PM
RavSpec
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by njs
will these work with k sport BBK? Also did u guy get your BBk setup done, the dba withe endless calipers? Thanks..
brake pads has an international system for pad shapes established by FMSI (Friction material standard institute). If you can get or know the FMSI number from K sport then you can match it up with pads from different manufacturers.

We're still working on the BBK kit with endless calipers.

Ryan@Ravspec

Quick Reply: Carbotech Brake Pads - MADE IN USA!!!