Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-02, 02:47 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by manaray
[B]Since we have over 10 people for the GS style 3-spoke wheel, here is the price...

It's $384...plus $12 shipping (back to you).

Id like to have less leather than in that RX300 pic and more wood. So when you get your wheel back and post your review you will give instructions on when to send our wheels in. We will be paying Terry right?
Old 05-06-02, 10:41 AM
M1LEXU5
Driver School Candidate

Default sent mine email

i am interested in the wood steering wheel group buy. my email is bachateroy2k@aol.com.

M1LEXU5
Old 05-06-02, 11:57 AM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so are you guys going to be without a steering wheel??? how are you going to drive your cars... how long is this group buy going to be going on for, b/c i might want in on it after i get my car, which is in like 2 weeks...

drew
Old 05-07-02, 02:43 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: sent mine email

Originally posted by M1LEXU5
[B]i am interested in the wood steering wheel group buy. my email is bachateroy2k@aol.com. B]
Please READ the thread. There are instructions in this thread...

----------------------

As for the size of the wood, sorry, but that's just how it is. Those are pre-cut/sized wood pieces so it can not be changed. I will speak to them about this issue though.

As for the shift ****, there aren't enough people interested for me to go ahead with a group buy. You can always hit up Steve Ganz for a price on the factory wood/leather ***** from the '01 GS's...

Drew, some people own more than one car or own some other mode of transportation (like a motorcycle)...

As for instructions, I can not give those out as it's a liability for us. If you want to remove your wheel yourself, I suggest to ask a mechanic. I won't want to be responsible for someone else screwing up the de-install/install.

Pearl - they recommend sending in a sample piece (which for some models, like the '01 GS), it's easier since they can send in the ash tray...for me, I'm just going to give them a color matched photo print...they don't HAVE to have a sample, but they can match it better if they do (otherwise, they'll just go with what they know)...

I am sending in my wheel this week. I'm just waiting for them to get back to me with some forms...
Old 05-07-02, 03:12 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

I remember seeing instructions for removing the steering wheel in the SC forum a while ago. Do a search.

Manaray, it's 0330, go to bed!!
Old 05-07-02, 09:57 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Group buy

Are we still on?
Old 05-07-02, 11:27 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: sent mine email

Originally posted by manaray

As for instructions, I can not give those out as it's a liability for us. If you want to remove your wheel yourself, I suggest to ask a mechanic. I won't want to be responsible for someone else screwing up the de-install/install.

Manaray, I understand what your trying to say. However, wouldn't your concern kill the whole purpose of DIY projects. If we would make the bearer of directions liable no one would ever dare post a DYI project instructions on this forum.

Thanks zushwa

Found the thread...although for SC...wondering if it is similar enough.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...steering+wheel
Old 05-09-02, 01:07 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Zush for the link...

Follow those directions....that's just my opinion...
Old 05-10-02, 03:09 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Ok folks, I have ONE OF EACH loaner wheel...

A SC wheel (which should work with older LS's) a RX wheel (which should work in a GS also). Right now, I'm looking for another GS/RX wheel since most of the buyers have a GS.

What will happen is that you'll need to put down a $150 deposit for the SC/RX wheel...once I get the wheel back from you, I will send you back $120....loaners MUST be returned within 5 days (postmarked) from the day you get your wheel back. Late loaner returns will not be credited.

My wheel is going out this week so as soon as it gets back, I'll post a full review with close up photos and everything. After that, we will get the ball rolling and I'm going to take wheels in the order that I received the initial Group Buy emails.

When I can take two or more buyers at once, I will do so. Otherwise, loaners will need to be returned before I can send them out to the next buyer.

For those of you who DO NOT need a loaner, you will go first in one batch....
Old 05-10-02, 05:24 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray...don't jump on my case for asking this but...

Why are the 3 spokes so much more than the 4? More wood pieces? Also, was there a staggered pricing for different numbers of buyers?

Thanx.
Old 05-10-02, 05:56 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, the 3-spokes require 3 pieces of wood so it's more work...and the price for the 3-spokes is $384 for 10 or more...at 20, there is another price break but we don't have that many buyers...

Also, with the "group buy dropoff rate", I wonder if we'll even hit 10.
Old 05-10-02, 07:21 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Manaray, maybe we should now refer to you as the "ModFather".
Old 05-10-02, 05:53 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Just wondering if anyone is getting Lexus to remove/replace wheel? Please post your experience. Specify the time lead required (appointment) and how long it took. And of course the cost. Thanks

MODFATHER...lol <<<<hmmmm you may be right! :eek:

I am so ready to get my wheel refinished......

Last edited by eppan; 05-10-02 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-10-02, 07:34 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Manaray?

Manaray,
I spoke with American Stitches today and I was told that they were waiting on you to send in a list of the 10 people for the GS wheel. Please give an update so that we can get this going.
thank you
Old 05-11-02, 03:05 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Originally posted by eppan
Just wondering if anyone is getting Lexus to remove/replace wheel? Please post your experience. Specify the time lead required (appointment) and how long it took. And of course the cost. Thanks

MODFATHER...lol <<<<hmmmm you may be right! :eek:

I am so ready to get my wheel refinished......
I am. I am going where Lexus gets thier body work done. The prices are 1/2 what Lexus charges. I have a buddy there. They are doing my body work also. Its a Toyota place. He is going to pull mine and put on the LS400 wheel I have.

Quick Reply: Possible Group Buy: Wood Steering wheel