Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Adjustable Rear Rca For Gs

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-08, 01:01 PM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adjustable Rear Rca For Gs

Good news GS owners! Finally we have the rear RCA done & ready to ship, limited supply on hand, pm us or call Sandy to reserve for your car. Thank you!

Check out the pictures at our web site.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com

Last edited by EXACT; 08-15-08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-15-08, 04:40 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

do you have any pics???
Old 08-16-08, 01:15 PM
brokendori
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes pics please : )
Old 08-16-08, 01:33 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EXACT
Good news GS owners! Finally we have the rear RCA done & ready to ship, limited supply on hand, pm us or call Sandy to reserve for your car. Thank you!

Check out the pictures at our web site.

What's the price for front and rears? Also, when you say "limited supply", does that mean you will not be making any more after these are sold out? Thanks
Old 08-16-08, 02:08 PM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by PineGreen
What's the price for front and rears? Also, when you say "limited supply", does that mean you will not be making any more after these are sold out? Thanks
The price for front $179.99 a pair, rear $299.99 a pair for the first 10 orders. We will order more depend on the demand. Thank you!

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 08-17-08, 01:10 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll stop by the shop this week, pls reserve a rear kit for me. Thx.

Old 08-17-08, 10:05 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

John, has there been any changes since you installed Glen's?

Here's the link to the kit:
http://www.exactmotorsports.com/GScamberkits.html

Mike.

Last edited by GSing430; 08-17-08 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-18-08, 11:23 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by GSing430
John, has there been any changes since you installed Glen's?

Here's the link to the kit:
http://www.exactmotorsports.com/GScamberkits.html

Mike.
Hi, Mike. Just the coating.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 08-18-08, 11:25 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by redgs4
I'll stop by the shop this week, pls reserve a rear kit for me. Thx.

No problem! I will see you this week. Thank you.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 09-02-08, 09:49 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

And so I encountered a problem. While I received the correct product from Exact, I believe Sewell only ships out the more recent style balljoints that look like this:

Do you notice the small bump in the center? That's causing me to not be able to successfully mate the front RCA. I believe John (from Exact) said that it's the new design on the 01+ GS's.

Here, you can see it's slightly raised. On the 98-00 model GS, it's not raised, but rather flat.

I own a 99 GS. If I used the current balljoints (already on the car), the product would have fit perfectly. Since I received the updated balljoints (to replace old balljoints), I needed to get the camber kit made specifically for the 01+ GS's. This wasn't the case since I was under the impression that I was going to get the 99 GS balljoints (from Sewell) hence me stating on the order form (for the camber kit) I have a 99 GS. I spoke to John about my problem so I'm getting it exchanged. He's a good guy and is very helpful, by the way.

Please keep in mind I am not badmouthing Sewell OR Exact Motorsports. I am simply informing you guys of a possible "problem". Does it matter which balljoints you order or have? No. What matters is knowing which one you have on the car prior to purchasing the front RCAs (assuming you already replaced the balljoints).

As I mentioned earlier, I assume Sewell only ships out the more recent design balljoints. Even if you have a 98-00 GS, you may have replaced the balljoints that are used on the 01+. With that said, when purchasing the front RCAs, make sure you inform Exact about which design (balljoint) you have!

I left my camera at my cousin's house with my pics on it. Once I get it back, I will post them up. I hope I was able to explain the potential problem clearly for everyone to understand. Though it may be half past midnight, I am quite exhausted.

Layman's terms/Cliffnotes: If you replaced your balljoints and plan to buy a camber kit for the front from Exact, find out whether your balljoints look like the ones that are posted in this post (01+). If it has no bump in the middle, then you have the 98-00 GS balljoint. Though it is important you let them know what year GS you own, it is imperative both you and Exact Motorsports know which balljoints are installed so they can send you the right kit.

The pictures were taken from here.
Old 09-03-08, 11:44 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
And so I encountered a problem. While I received the correct product from Exact, I believe Sewell only ships out the more recent style balljoints that look like this:

Do you notice the small bump in the center? That's causing me to not be able to successfully mate the front RCA. I believe John (from Exact) said that it's the new design on the 01+ GS's.

Here, you can see it's slightly raised. On the 98-00 model GS, it's not raised, but rather flat.

I own a 99 GS. If I used the current balljoints (already on the car), the product would have fit perfectly. Since I received the updated balljoints (to replace old balljoints), I needed to get the camber kit made specifically for the 01+ GS's. This wasn't the case since I was under the impression that I was going to get the 99 GS balljoints (from Sewell) hence me stating on the order form (for the camber kit) I have a 99 GS. I spoke to John about my problem so I'm getting it exchanged. He's a good guy and is very helpful, by the way.

Please keep in mind I am not badmouthing Sewell OR Exact Motorsports. I am simply informing you guys of a possible "problem". Does it matter which balljoints you order or have? No. What matters is knowing which one you have on the car prior to purchasing the front RCAs (assuming you already replaced the balljoints).

As I mentioned earlier, I assume Sewell only ships out the more recent design balljoints. Even if you have a 98-00 GS, you may have replaced the balljoints that are used on the 01+. With that said, when purchasing the front RCAs, make sure you inform Exact about which design (balljoint) you have!

I left my camera at my cousin's house with my pics on it. Once I get it back, I will post them up. I hope I was able to explain the potential problem clearly for everyone to understand. Though it may be half past midnight, I am quite exhausted.

Layman's terms/Cliffnotes: If you replaced your balljoints and plan to buy a camber kit for the front from Exact, find out whether your balljoints look like the ones that are posted in this post (01+). If it has no bump in the middle, then you have the 98-00 GS balljoint. Though it is important you let them know what year GS you own, it is imperative both you and Exact Motorsports know which balljoints are installed so they can send you the right kit.

The pictures were taken from here.
Don't worry from now on, we will modify all the 98-99 front RCA to fit with the new ball joints, so they will fit 98-2005 GS model.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 11-10-08, 08:17 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

And so I encountered yet another problem! Haha well, for anybody that plans to buy the front RCAs, you MUST HAVE 17" wheels or larger otherwise the tie rod will scrape against your wheel! I have the OEM 16" wheels:

Old 11-10-08, 08:22 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Ouch that sucks. Looks like a motive for you to upgrade to newer wheels

I have 1/2" RCAs in the front with OEM 17s. I'm guessing the Exact RCAs are around 1" thick, so you have less room to work with as far as getting the 16s to fit.
Old 11-10-08, 08:26 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Yeah, I plan on getting wheels so I figured I'd "prepare" myself for it haha. Yeah, they're 1" thick. You need a huge allen tool to screw it in too. Oh well. At least I have new balljoints now. I also raised the car a little so that will reduce the camber.

I haven't bothered installing the rears either. With the look I am trying to achieve, I may not even use it and will probably sell it. We'll see though..
Old 11-10-08, 09:44 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How much are these i need Front and Rear...

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Rca For Gs