Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Turbo manifolds for the SC400/430, and GS400/430 Group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-07, 01:23 PM
Kevin@MVP
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo manifolds for the SC400/430, and GS400/430 Group buy!!!

Hello gentlemen,

MVP Motorsport is showing it's committment to Lexus performance everyday and this is how we're doing it. We are proud to offer for the first time ever on Club Lexus a group buy for the TTC Performance Products Lexus V8 turbo manifolds. The manifolds are built exclusively for TTC Performance by Frank at Boss Automotive. Frank has extensive experience in manifold design and execution. So much so that we're proud to offer a limited 1 year warantee against cracking. If your manifold cracks due to a manufacture defect or cracks during normal use, send it back and we will fix it for free.

These manifolds feature:

*** Thick wall 14-gauge stainless steel constucton (we're the only guys we know of that use this ultra high quality material)

*** CNC 304 stainless V-band connections

*** Heat wrapping complimentary

*** 3/8" 304 stainless flanges

*** 1.75" OD runners that gradually merge into the V-band

*** 1 year limited warrantee against cracking

*** Made right here in the USA!!

These turbo manifolds are perfect for the DIYer who is looking to piece together an affordable turbo kit for his V8 Lexus.

Here are the pics for anyone hasn't seen them:

Terms of the group buy:

This is a group buy for hand buillt turbo manifolds for the SC400/430 and GS400/430.

***The Group Buy price is an affordable $2500.00 for both manifolds w/ heat wrap complimentary. Ceramic coating is also available for $250.00 per set of 2.

***MVP Motorsports will accept a nonrefundable deposit of $100.00 to have your order put on the list.

***The group buy will last until June 18th, 2007, 4 weeks from now. Upon the end of the group buy, MVP Motorsports will charge 1/2 the cost of the turbo manifolds to the customers card, with the last half due up completion.

*** Please address any techinical questions to Eric from TTC Peformance (cowboy bebop) and any billing questions to Kevin@MVP.
Old 05-19-07, 01:25 PM
Kevin@MVP
Former Sponsor

Old 05-20-07, 10:47 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Much and many thanks to the Lexus community for having the interest to put up this group buy. I'd also like to give credit where credit is due for these manifolds.

Many thanks to:

***Kevin@MVP and Dusty for hosting the group buy to give the Lexus guys an opportunity to move up into the big leagues in terms of HP.

***BB Steve for allowing us to use his car as a test bed to fit. It's his black SC in the pics

***DaveGS4 for allowing us to release these ultra high quality items to the Lexus community

***Ryan Allan (SC400TT) for pointing me in the direction of Frank @ Boss Autosports. Ryan's had a lot of up and downs with his project, and hopefully it'll be wrapping up soon.

***Franks @ Boss Autosports for producing an absolutely fantastic set of manifolds. He has an amazing eye for detail and quality.

Now onto these manifolds. These manifolds are made from thick wall stainless tubing. The manifolds start as 14-gauge stainless 1.75" OD tubing. Anyone who knows anything about stainless tubing knows that this material is very hard to source. I myself don't even know where Frank sources this .083" material, but it's the highest quality tubing I know of that's going into a set of turbo manfiolds.

We feel that this is a masive breakthrough for the SC400/430 and GS400/430 crowd in that the manifolds both allow for

***A medium sized twin turbo design.

***A large single design.

It's up to the end user as to what he/she wants. They're made to be tailored to the end users needs.

What's more these come with a 1 year limited warrantee. This means that if these manifolds happen to crack any in the first year during normal use, send them back and we'll repair them for free.

Plus folks here's the best part... they're hand made right here in the USA, right here in Orlando Florida.

There's no Chinese garbage manifolds here.

As a caveat, I will say that forced induction isn't for everyone, it's only for the most hardcore and dedicated. Finally the V8 Lexus crowd has an affordable avenue to go either single or twin turbo

This can be you.....

Thank you guys for your consideration, more pics to follow.

Eric
Old 05-20-07, 10:58 AM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

If only I had a V-8, those look nice.
Old 05-20-07, 11:49 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Let's get the running list going as to who is getting what.

1. Cowboy bebop (known)
2. SC400TT (known)
3. X-1 Larry
4. David S.

Thanks guys,

Eric

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-06-07 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-20-07, 11:59 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can totally vouch for MVP Motorsports...they have great products and great service!

if only i had a gs4...
Old 05-21-07, 01:53 AM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric,

I've been following your project on other sites and was wondering what happened to the idea of an equal length header. I know there was pics of it on your "project" vehicle.
Sorry to get off topic on this one but I'm quite curious about this. Those headers look great and I agree that it is great what TTC is doing for the Lexus V8 crowd.

Chris
Old 05-21-07, 02:35 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

just out of curiosity is there any particular reason that these manifolds wouldnt work on the LS?
Old 05-21-07, 07:31 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by BobaDrift
Eric,

I've been following your project on other sites and was wondering what happened to the idea of an equal length header. I know there was pics of it on your "project" vehicle.
Sorry to get off topic on this one but I'm quite curious about this. Those headers look great and I agree that it is great what TTC is doing for the Lexus V8 crowd.

Chris
The equal length idea was good, however there wasn't nearly any room for them. The engine bay is very tight, so the option for equal length is out the window. These manifolds knock out two birds with one stone. They solve the riddle of how to run turbos with the AC and PS left in stock locations, and also solve the problem of affordable turbo manifolds.

One aspect of these that we're really proud of is the fact that these can be configured for either a twin or large single turbo. They're just that flexible. We firmly believe that these are the best turbo manifolds on the market today, and ever, for the 1uzfe.

Eric
Old 05-21-07, 07:39 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
just out of curiosity is there any particular reason that these manifolds wouldnt work on the LS?
I had sent you a PM, but I'll put what info I know up here for everyone to see. We haven't fitted them to the LS400 mainly because we dont have an LS test vehicle, however SC400TT says that they will in fact fit on the LS although the SC has more room. Truth be known, if there is ANY set of turbo manifolds that will fit on the LS400, it's these. The manifolds hug the block as much as possible.

Thanks again man,

Eric
Old 05-22-07, 10:29 PM
StockGS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aww man. . . if I only had the money. . . *sigh* one day
Old 05-24-07, 06:06 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by StockGS400
Aww man. . . if I only had the money. . . *sigh* one day
Forced induction is a big step, but I can assure you that it's well worth it. When the turbos come online and the loud whistle drowns out the exhaust, you'll thank yourself.

Let me go off topic here for a sec. We've recently been approached about producing these manifolds in China, then selling them here in the states to make some quick cash. I can promise both MVP and my customers that these will NEVER be sent to China to be cheaply produced. For one, our stainless steel is the best available, and chinese stainless has been proven crap at best time and time again. How many stories [from the Honda world] of turbos actually falling off do we need to understand the meaning of quality? Boss Autosports, TTC Performance Products, and certainly MVP Motorsports practice integrity and the highest quality control. We won't just dump a product on the market for the sake of being cheap and at the same time toss quality right out the window. It'll never happen on my watch, that's my promise to the Lexus community. If the Lexus community is looking for the HIGHEST quality, then look no further.

Thanks again guys, for the support.

Eric
Old 05-24-07, 08:07 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
I can totally vouch for MVP Motorsports...they have great products and great service!

if only i had a gs4...
Agreed. The level of customer service at MVP is first rate. They may be new to the Lexus arena, however they are verterans in the MKIV Supra field, and know what it takes to get horsepower out of a Toyota. For years now, the Lexus V8 guys have been out of luck as far as performance goes. Now look at what's out there. There's a V-160 swap, intake manifold in the final stages, and now the forward facing turbo manifiolds. It's a good year to have a Lexus V8.

Eric
Old 06-01-07, 07:49 AM
boostedny
Pole Position

what size turbos do you suggest I may have a buyer
Old 06-01-07, 10:51 AM
c0wboy
Banned

I like Schweitzer S200's on a 4.0L motor. They're very snappy, the car has barely any lag, and Schweitzer makes some of the most stout turbos around.

Here are my personal S256's that I'm running on my 4.7L V8TT

Also here is the compressor map for the S200. Anyone who knows anything about how to read a compressor map knows that it doesn't get much better than this when it comes to this size turbo.

Quick Reply: Turbo manifolds for the SC400/430, and GS400/430 Group buy!!!