Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** Datasytem Air Ride Controller **

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 06:23 AM
Smoothride
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

OK, What is the difference between the 2 models?? Price... features... why and where would a person buy the "better' model and what advantage does it have? The 680 already has more features than I would probably use.
Old 01-13-05, 12:02 PM
Smoothride
Rookie

Question ATTN Steve Ganz

This is an email that I sent Steve, I havn't heard back yet, but I thought that others might benefit from the questions.

Steve,

I have a few questions about the controller before I purchase.

---I assume that I choose 3 out of the 16 ride heights and keep them preprogrammed

---Can I "make" and program a custom ride height set-up

---How hard is it to pick a new ride height

---Does the unit have any effect over the shock stiffness at all

---Will the factory height control and sport setting on the shocks still work

---Can the unit defeat the factory suspension auto-lowering at 60mph. What I want to accomplish is a lower look for slow driving/parking, but I do not want the car to go even lower while highway driving and ride on the bumpstops for a harsh ride.

---When the LS auto-lowers the suspension at 60mph, does the front AND rear lower, and how much does each end lower.

---Can the unit lower the front and rear independently. IE: Lower the front more than the rear as the rear already rides low.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, I know that you are in Japan, so I'll post this on CL and to make sure that you will see this before the GB deadline as others might have similar questions.

Thanks Steve
Old 01-23-05, 02:56 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I take it if one of your questions is NOT what you wanted to hear you wont buy it. ha ha he he

==============================================
---I assume that I choose 3 out of the 16 ride heights and keep them preprogrammed

Yes thats correct........ only use two parked and driving. My winter driving and summer are diffrent.

---Can I "make" and program a custom ride height set-up

Yes any height you want set it up

---How hard is it to pick a new ride height

simple once you figure out what switch does what

---Does the unit have any effect over the shock stiffness at all

only if your riding high above normal then the higher you go the stiffer it gets.

---Will the factory height control and sport setting on the shocks still work.

no your controller takes over but it okay the controller is better.

---Can the unit defeat the factory suspension auto-lowering at 60mph. What I want to accomplish is a lower look for slow driving/parking, but I do not want the car to go even lower while highway driving and ride on the bumpstops for a harsh ride.

the controller has it own settings and you can program it the way you want

---When the LS auto-lowers the suspension at 60mph, does the front AND rear lower, and how much does each end lower.

............................. LOL who cares it wont slam your car you wont even notice it when your driving

---Can the unit lower the front and rear independently. IE: Lower the front more than the rear as the rear already rides low.

Yes
=================================================

Most folks buy it so they can lower and raise the car............ the extra functions are nice even if it didnt have them I would of still bought mine.

I have a 5 year old controller that does almost all the fuctions as the newest one.......... I mostly only use the up and down (Parked & Drive mode)
Old 01-23-05, 07:31 PM
Smoothride
Rookie

Default Thanks

Thanks Test Driver,

I went ahead and got one, I figured that it would do what I wanted, if not I could re-sell it since I got it at a pretty good price.
Old 01-24-05, 02:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thyat's some very detailed nice reply r, awesome!
Old 01-26-05, 10:43 AM
pimpluxGS
Rookie

Default questions!

Hey Guys,

Looks like a great deal!

But how do you know if you have air suspension or not? I have a 1998 LS400 and I think it has air suspension. It has a high and low setting on the center console....is that air suspension?

Also does anyone know how to install it? is it plug and play... as in...is there a harness that you can just plug in or do you have to splice wires off the computer harness?

Does anybody know how much it will cost to install?

From what I read...It sounds awesome!!! I want one...hehehe.. ooh so excited if I do have air suspension!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...lol!

VR

pimpluxGS
Old 01-26-05, 10:20 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wish i could make my dad buy this mod.. hes got the UL 03 ls430.. and damn, that ride is somehting out of this world... its like floating on clouds when that thing goes over some rough potholes..
Old 01-27-05, 12:44 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

I would like to get it, but who and where I can do the install??
I am in Las Vegas...
Old 01-28-05, 08:56 AM
Smoothride
Rookie

Default Easy

Beez43,

If you really want one for your dad's car, I'd get it, install it and velcro it behind the glovebox, and when you borrow the car, hit the button and you are pimpalicious , just don't forget to return it to normal height when done

Blacksc400, for the thread in the LS430 forum, it appears to be a very easy plug in to the wire harness behind the glove box, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-28-05, 10:27 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

I went on Datasytems and have a rough schematic, doesn't look difficult, plug and play

Air suspension of vehicle side (active suspension) between computer
Old 02-02-05, 02:35 PM
IS Pilot
Driver

I just spotted this thread. I have had this controller for several months and love it, thanks Steve! There is a little learning curve to understanding all functions since menu choices and instructions are in Japanese. Installation is also very easy. Here are some camera phone pictures below.

Mike@PLP

Last edited by IS Pilot; 02-14-05 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 02:46 PM
IS Pilot
Driver

A couple notes:
Your factory sport and normal mode switch still functions and can add or subtract height on demand...sweet!

Ride comfort is like stock if you ride 1-2 inches lower than stock anything else is a little bouncey. Also the stiffnes or T***s (edit: T`E`M`s) (toyota electronic modulation) is also independentley adjustable regardless of ride height.

Mike@PLP
Old 01-30-06, 08:24 AM
Johnjohn13
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone happen to have an "English" translation for the control unit? I just got mine installed and can't decipher the Japanese characters so I'm settling for the basic features. I would like to get my $700+ worth. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-06, 08:50 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny a$$ thread, schematics in Japanese, what the hey!
I think the Carson guys are overworked.
Old 01-31-06, 10:57 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

i wish i bought an LS430 instead of my ford 250.

Quick Reply: ** Datasytem Air Ride Controller **