Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

WOW!! New L-TunedParts.com Website!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-04, 10:27 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
We did our best given the fact that it is a "catalog" type website, our choices are limited. The images are optimized as much as possible at the risk of losing quality and making the site look bad.
Your feedback is appreciated anyway! Please keep them coming!!
yeah, it is always hard to find that balance between quality and loading time. i think you guys did an excellent job balancing it out. i am currently using my slow broadband connection at work and it loads up very fast.

it is always hard to accomodate dial-up users, but you want to make the site look professional and visually appealing at the same time.

overall, it is great especially with all the backend stuff.
Old 08-24-04, 11:06 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hameed..great site.... Question...? I notice there is one DVD/cdr/mp3 player with flip out screen represented in the audio section and listed compatible for all Lexus's
Is this a special unit that connects directly to the stock wiring or is this equivelant to any aftermarket unit and needs special amp and wiring etc?
Thx
Old 08-24-04, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
So it was you that was bombing the site all day yesterday with those sneak attacks???)
well i swear i only went to the site for about 60 times yesterday, i don't thikn that's a big problem right?
Old 08-25-04, 02:05 PM
RefinedGS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about to celebrate, Steve and Carson Toyota does a promotional 20% off everything in the store?!!!!

RefinedGS
Old 08-25-04, 02:11 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by MagusFuria
So the prices listed already have the shipping/tax included? I dont quite understand that automated shipment calculator.

Very nice site btw =)

~Jesse
Thanks! We are looking into the shipping cost calculator as the next phase of improvements to the website.
Originally posted by darden
yeah, it is always hard to find that balance between quality and loading time. i think you guys did an excellent job balancing it out. i am currently using my slow broadband connection at work and it loads up very fast.

it is always hard to accomodate dial-up users, but you want to make the site look professional and visually appealing at the same time.

overall, it is great especially with all the backend stuff.
Thanks darden! I appreciate the kind words!
Originally posted by blktiger12
Hameed..great site.... Question...? I notice there is one DVD/cdr/mp3 player with flip out screen represented in the audio section and listed compatible for all Lexus's
Is this a special unit that connects directly to the stock wiring or is this equivelant to any aftermarket unit and needs special amp and wiring etc?
Thx
Not sure about this bro..... Just PM Steve about it. SupraTRD is his screen name on here
Old 08-25-04, 07:51 PM
princess4
Rookie

yes, the site looks great

i personally like this page
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=77

Last edited by princess4; 08-25-04 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-30-04, 10:45 AM
TCM080903
Pole Position

Originally posted by princess4
yes, the site looks great

i personally like this page
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=77
gee, i wonder why?

edit: btw, i LOVE the new website!! it's great since we can see all the products that are available...

Last edited by TCM080903; 08-30-04 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-26-04, 11:09 AM
gcrim21
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Login

When I go to the L-tuned website and enter my screename and password I enter the same one that I log onto ClubLexus.com with. I get an error each time. I have not found a place to register to proceed in say.... Carson Toyota's website. It will allow me to put items in a shopping cart and the price shows, but at checkout there is a form for login and NOWHERE does it have a place to register for login.

GCrim21
Old 09-26-04, 12:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Default Re: Login

Originally posted by gcrim21
When I go to the L-tuned website and enter my screename and password I enter the same one that I log onto ClubLexus.com with. I get an error each time. I have not found a place to register to proceed in say.... Carson Toyota's website. It will allow me to put items in a shopping cart and the price shows, but at checkout there is a form for login and NOWHERE does it have a place to register for login.

GCrim21
Hameed or Steve should confirm, but usually you don't get an ID on a commerce site until you purchase something - then you're given the option to save your info (and get a user name).

ClubLexus and L-tunedparts do not share screen name / password information.
Old 09-26-04, 01:49 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: Login

Originally posted by gcrim21

GCrim21
You are staring right at it my friend. On the checkout page there is a box for a user name and a password right above the address info. Just key in a user name and password that you can remember easily and also fill out the rest of the checkout form and once your order goes through your account is automatically created.

Just as Dave said, there is absolutely no point in registering on the site unless you order something from it. There is no newsletter to sign up for (not yet) or anything like that that would necessitate a login.

The only point of creating a login is so that you can login and look at your order's status. That is the reason why your account is only created when you buy something from the online store.

Let me know if this is still confusing.