CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

New Product PROJECT MU 2 PCS, FLOATING HAT Front rotors for the RC-F/GS-F

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-19, 02:32 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Default PROJECT MU 2 PCS, FLOATING HAT Front rotors for the RC-F/GS-F

We are happy to introduce another new product for the RC-F and GS-F
Project mu 2 pcs front rotors

I was asked to actually test the first one on my GS-F and they are great.
Tested with OEM dusty pads.

You can immediately feel the difference. Initial bite is better. Steering response has improved (since they are lighter than OEM)
I did some spirited driving and there was no signs of brake fade.
Absolutely no noise from the Floating Hat.

Another thing I noticed is that the PMU rotors was not as noisy with the OEM pads. I would say from scale of 1-10, 10 being the loudest with OEM pads and rotors, with the PMU its about a 2

Project MU gave us the green light to take pre-orders so let me know who's interested. These are made to order but we are going to keep some in stock.

Here are some images

Here are some info from Project Mu

SCR-GT uses SCR-Pro rotors and technology with the addition of floating mounts. The floating system is used in motorsport applications to allow the rotor to move independently of the bell / hub which allows some movement at temperature.

The cast iron has very high levels of carbon and alloy, 8 straight slots and an advanced core vane design resulting in very high heat transfer qualities. Additionally, the SCR GT is a two-piece design that comes assembled to anodized billet alloy disc hats making them lighter than EOM rotors.

The SCR GT employs motorsport experience and technology that provides the highest possible heat transfer properties of all Project Mu rotors. The vanes are designed to create additional turbulence inside the rotor without compromising air flow which in turn transfers more heat from the rotor to atmosphere.
Floating hats allow differential expansion of disc and hat which reduces stress in the rotor to work against cracking and distortion at high temperatures. It also allows for flex in the knuckle / wheel bearing to reduce knock-off and the resultant 'long pedal'.

The disc itself is completed in black chrome to further increase life and resistance to distortion. Ideal for race, rally and drift applications or simply as a premium upgrade to your road car.

Race Proven Heat Dissipation

Utilizing PMU Vein Technology, the SCR-GT achievies high heat dissipation by directing the air to the center rather than vertically, accelerating the flow rate via angled fins

Advanced Heat Treating & Material

Typical Manufactured rotors can often become distorted through hard driving, however Project Mu SCR & SCR-GT rotors are built from a high-alloy high-carbon cast iron with a unique heat treatment to every disc - essentially elimating this distortion while creating an unbeatable racing rotor. In addition, an anti-rust coating is applied to the surface to keep a good finish.

Lightweight 2-Piece Construction

The SCR-Pro and SCR-GT utilize a billet aluminum bell housing. This helps to reduce unsprung weight which is directly linked to reducing the burden on braking. In addition, replacement rotors can be bought seperately for a cost effective braking solution.

Thank you and let me know if anyone is interested
Lou

Last edited by ModInJapan; 03-20-19 at 03:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (04-11-19)
Old 03-22-19, 05:05 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Lou,
weight? Price?

Will need new rings soon on my griodisc set up. Just curious how these stack up.
Old 03-23-19, 12:58 PM
TOPHER9425
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Send over pricing in PM please....interested
Old 03-25-19, 11:46 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

all PM'S replied
Old 03-27-19, 03:21 PM
Ne1tHeRe