CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

Sale RR-Racing Tune and PPE Headers Power package

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-17, 08:34 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^^Think you mean UnEqual length (UL) vs Equal Length (EL) Header.

Lou
correct that was a typo!
Old 11-20-17, 12:43 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Keep in mind, we now have the in-equal length PPE header for the RCF, which saves about $1000 vs equal length, and right now pricing is the lowest of the year.

Rafi
What is the performance and sound difference? Why is it $1000 cheaper?
Old 11-21-17, 04:56 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
What is the performance and sound difference? Why is it $1000 cheaper?
There is no performance difference. These headers are the same as the ISF headers with just a few minor tweaks to fit the RCF. Equal length headers like PPE and Novel sound different because the length of each runner is equal. The reason non-equal length is cheaper is because they are much less time consuming to make, because there are less bends and less labor involved in cutting, fitting and welding the pipes.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 11-21-17, 08:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^I've had both on my ISF. I now have PPE EL LT Headers on my F. They dynod pretty much the same. But as Rafi has mentioned the sound is quite different. The UL headers have a more of an American V8 rumble. The LT is more refined and smoother sounding. Both have drone at about 2100RPM, but the drone is quite a bit louder on the UL header. With the UL header I could not use my BT phone in the car, with the EL header I can.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (11-22-17)
Old 12-29-17, 10:46 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

^^^^I've had both on my ISF. I now have PPE EL LT Headers on my F. They dynod pretty much the same. But as Rafi has mentioned the sound is quite different. The UL headers have a more of an American V8 rumble. The LT is more refined and smoother sounding. Both have drone at about 2100RPM, but the drone is quite a bit louder on the UL header. With the UL header I could not use my BT phone in the car, with the EL header I can.

Lou
I actually don't think EL or UL drone more or less, perhaps its also dependent on external factors like the exhaust that's being used.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 12-29-17, 02:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^My exhaust was (is) exactly the same, except it was shortened due to the Long Tubes. I have the PPE dual mode exhaust with cats. With the valves open, the drone was a lot louder with the UL header vs the EL header. With the UL header, I couldn't use my phone with the valves open, with the EL header I easily can. I kept my valves open probably 80% of the time with the UL header with the EL header I keep the valves open almost always. So, I respectfully disagree.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 12-29-17 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-29-17, 07:03 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

^^^^My exhaust was (is) exactly the same, except it was shortened due to the Long Tubes. I have the PPE dual mode exhaust with cats. With the valves open, the drone was a lot louder with the UL header vs the EL header. With the UL header, I couldn't use my phone with the valves open, with the EL header I easily can. I kept my valves open probably 80% of the time with the UL header with the EL header I keep the valves open almost always. So, I respectfully disagree.

Lou
There are literally hundreds of ISF folks running UL headers with Borla or Joez exhaust (these are the 2 most popular options) without complaints of droning (especially with Borla)... I don’t know, but I think there are some specific details about your setup that affects or induces drone. Regarding the usage of phone... as you may know my setup is very loud and on the “extreme”. I run PPE UL headers without mufflers (just Borla resonator) and as long as I am not flooring it, I have zero issues with using the Lexus speaker.... no complaints of anyone not hearing me due to noise/drone.
Old 12-29-17, 07:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^A friend, here in town, has an ISF with PPE UL headers and JoeZ, no cats. To me the noise & drone in his car is unacceptable to me. IMO, it's worse than mine was with my UL and PPE exhaust with the valves open. So, no my car is not a freak

Lou