CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

New Product DCTMS RC F carbon steering wheel

Old 06-21-17, 08:43 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

UPDATE:
I think I have been scammed.

It's been 5 ½ months since I paid a $450.00 deposit on a CF steering wheel. Josh kept stalling, saying he would be sending me QC photos soon - but have not heard from them since March. For the past 3-4 weeks, I have emailed Josh numerous times, I have emailed sales@DCTMS with no reply, I have posted on here asking for an update, I have called Ivan on his cell phone and got no answer and no call back, and I have emailed them through their PayPal account and gotten no response.

At this point, I will be initiating a buyer's protection charge back via PayPal. No excuse for such poor customer service.
The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (06-21-17)
Old 06-21-17, 10:01 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
UPDATE:
I think I have been scammed.

It's been 5 ½ months since I paid a $450.00 deposit on a CF steering wheel. Josh kept stalling, saying he would be sending me QC photos soon - but have not heard from them since March. For the past 3-4 weeks, I have emailed Josh numerous times, I have emailed sales@DCTMS with no reply, I have posted on here asking for an update, I have called Ivan on his cell phone and got no answer and no call back, and I have emailed them through their PayPal account and gotten no response.

At this point, I will be initiating a buyer's protection charge back via PayPal. No excuse for such poor customer service.
i hope not but if you really did get scammed. I have a legit contact.

Just got mine in 15 days with initial estimate of 2-3 weeks.
Old 06-21-17, 10:25 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Geez Jim

I'm really sorry to hear about this. As I said something's going on with them. A few weeks ago I eMailed both Josh and Ivan and didn't hear back so I eMailed them again. I finally got responses from both of them.

There is absolutely no excuse for such shoddy customer service.

Lou
BossMoss (06-22-17)
Old 06-22-17, 01:27 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ba2sy
i hope not but if you really did get scammed. I have a legit contact.

Just got mine in 15 days with initial estimate of 2-3 weeks.

Who, what, and how? If you have a way to put me in contact with them, I'm all ears. I still want the CF steering wheel, and I don't like the Tom's wheel. Reply here or send me a PM. Thanks!
ISFPOWER (06-22-17)
Old 06-22-17, 01:29 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flowrider
Geez Jim

I'm really sorry to hear about this. As I said something's going on with them. A few weeks ago I eMailed both Josh and Ivan and didn't hear back so I eMailed them again. I finally got responses from both of them.

There is absolutely no excuse for such shoddy customer service.

Lou

I'm at a loss as to why neither one will respond to me. I also sent a PM to DCTMS with no response. I really just want what I paid for...
Old 06-22-17, 02:37 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm at a loss as to why neither one will respond to me. I also sent a PM to DCTMS with no response. I really just want what I paid for...

Jim, let paypal work their magic. they will see who is at fault and you should be protected. if you paid by a credit card through paypal, you are protected from the card issuer as well
Old 06-22-17, 08:03 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Jim, let paypal work their magic. they will see who is at fault and you should be protected. if you paid by a credit card through paypal, you are protected from the card issuer as well

My PayPal protection is good for 6 months since date of purchase, which is coming up soon. I would truly rather have the wheel I ordered before a PayPal refund, but the perpetual lack of responses to messages and calls is forcing my hand.
Old 06-22-17, 10:40 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

My PayPal protection is good for 6 months since date of purchase, which is coming up soon. I would truly rather have the wheel I ordered before a PayPal refund, but the perpetual lack of responses to messages and calls is forcing my hand.
May the force be with you...
BossMoss (06-23-17)
Old 06-23-17, 01:30 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

OK, it seems I have resolution, albeit a strange one. Today I received a full refund of my deposit via PayPal from DCTMS. No email, no phone call, no reply to my PMs, no message with the refund. Just a refund. Obviously I am happy that I was able to get my money returned and all was not lost. An apology or some sort of explanation would have been helpful. I hope the rest of you have a better experience.
Old 07-05-17, 06:03 PM
Frankieice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new member but have been reading threads on CL for a couple months. I recently purchased my first Lexus, a 2015 RC 350 F-Sport. I've gotten lots of good information from this site. It was a big help in making a decision on my purchase. I'd like to thank all of you for the helpful information.

I'm writing on this thread because I'm interested in buying a carbon steering wheel. I was thinking of going through DCTMS. Does anyone have a DCTMS wheel in Rioja Red?

Thank you!
Old 07-05-17, 06:04 PM
Frankieice
Driver School Candidate

Hello Carnevino,

I sent you a PM sir.

Frankieice
Old 07-05-17, 08:58 PM
DCTMS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, it seems I have resolution, albeit a strange one. Today I received a full refund of my deposit via PayPal from DCTMS. No email, no phone call, no reply to my PMs, no message with the refund. Just a refund. Obviously I am happy that I was able to get my money returned and all was not lost. An apology or some sort of explanation would have been helpful. I hope the rest of you have a better experience.
Hi BossMoss,

The steering wheel you had ordered with us was very custom and not like any of our standard design. We have tried our best to fulfill this order, but delays did happen. This order did not only go through our production, but also through one of our other vendors in order to achieve the level of customization. We have issued you a full refund of the 50% deposit you have left with us. If you check with the PayPal refund, we did also express an apology message. We do hope we can win your business next time around

Originally Posted by Frankieice
Hello Everyone!

I'm a new member but have been reading threads on CL for a couple months. I recently purchased my first Lexus, a 2015 RC 350 F-Sport. I've gotten lots of good information from this site. It was a big help in making a decision on my purchase. I'd like to thank all of you for the helpful information.

I'm writing on this thread because I'm interested in buying a carbon steering wheel. I was thinking of going through DCTMS. Does anyone have a DCTMS wheel in Rioja Red?

Thank you!
Hi Frankieice,

Congratulations on the RC350 F-Sport. We have recently confirmed a Rioja Red Nappa Leather match. Below you can see our first prototype wheel wrapped in the new Rioja Red Nappa Leather and an OEM Rioja red headrest for comparison. Our incoming production batch of the red side tri-carbon steering wheel will have this Rioja Red Only. Rioja Red is found in the RC250/350s. Circus Red is found in the RCF, which we do not have a 100% match for.

-------

* Just to make a note, we will no longer be offering customization services for any Lexus steering wheel from this point on. If your custom order has been placed prior from this point (07/05/17) then it will be completed. Our production is at full capacity and we do not want to over promise and under deliver. If the steering wheel is not instock or not a design from our production batch, we will not accept your order / preorder.

Best Regards,

DCTMS // Josh V.
Josh@dctms.com

Last edited by DCTMS; 07-05-17 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-05-17, 09:44 PM
Frankieice
Driver School Candidate

Josh,

Thank you!

The Rioja Red looks good. Is it possible to see a picture of the steering put together?

Frankieice
Old 07-07-17, 07:15 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DCTMS
Hi BossMoss,

The steering wheel you had ordered with us was very custom and not like any of our standard design. We have tried our best to fulfill this order, but delays did happen. This order did not only go through our production, but also through one of our other vendors in order to achieve the level of customization. We have issued you a full refund of the 50% deposit you have left with us. If you check with the PayPal refund, we did also express an apology message. We do hope we can win your business next time around

Hi Frankieice,

Congratulations on the RC350 F-Sport. We have recently confirmed a Rioja Red Nappa Leather match. Below you can see our first prototype wheel wrapped in the new Rioja Red Nappa Leather and an OEM Rioja red headrest for comparison. Our incoming production batch of the red side tri-carbon steering wheel will have this Rioja Red Only. Rioja Red is found in the RC250/350s. Circus Red is found in the RCF, which we do not have a 100% match for.

-------

* Just to make a note, we will no longer be offering customization services for any Lexus steering wheel from this point on. If your custom order has been placed prior from this point (07/05/17) then it will be completed. Our production is at full capacity and we do not want to over promise and under deliver. If the steering wheel is not instock or not a design from our production batch, we will not accept your order / preorder.

Best Regards,

DCTMS // Josh V.
Josh@dctms.com

Hi Josh,
Thank you for the reply on the forum. I did not get a message with my Paypal refund, but I certainly appreciate the refund. Thank you. You may recall that when I ordered my wheel, the only customization was that I wanted blue stitching (to match that in my RC-F), and my wheel was the exact same as another steering wheel another forum member purchased. Despite that minimal level of customization, you gave me an expected turnaround time of 7 weeks. Was it SO customized that it could not be made in 6 months? When 5 months went by and you ceased all contact with me, I got worried - and rightfully so. Why have I not gotten any return emails, return phone calls, or return PMs since May? Even a quick note to tell me that you broke both your arms, or some other justifiable reason for disappearing, would have been helpful and would have avoided the bad feelings. That's not a level of customer service that I am comfortable with (from any business), even if the steering wheel were to take 6 months.

Sincerely,
Jim

Last edited by BossMoss; 07-07-17 at 07:17 PM. Reason: grammatical error
The following 3 users liked this post by BossMoss:
flowrider (07-07-17), msgs350 (07-07-17), TitanG545 (07-15-17)
Old 07-08-17, 06:15 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Got news!!

Well I just got notice that my steering wheel has shipped and should arrive next Monday!!
Lets just say this wheel order has tested all my faith & patience when dealing with a vendor.
The order was placed around October last year.

I will say it was a very custom order and josh told me it would be 3-4 months wait time. Currently at 9 months plus.
By the time I started to feel nervous about the deal, the PayPal 6 months guarantee had passed so I didn't have much recourse other than to wait.
Plus, just like Jim, I really wanted the product vs a refund.

Josh did respond a few times along the way so I can't say there wasn't any communication although abeit slow & spotty.

Originally the wheel was suppose to have a two tone ring at the top (white-red-white).
Few months ago, Ivan exprsssed to me that his supplier overseas did not want to do the rings anymore due to complaints of the rings being off center.
He said if I insisted on the ring, then he would have to decline the whole order and give me a full refund. I was way too deep at that point to just get a refund so I said ok to not having rings.
Josh agreed to give me a refund for that part of the work plus Ivan agreed to give me another refund for the delay. So far I have not received the pay pal refund but Ivan did say he wanted me to receive the wheel, inspect it, and if all is good, then will he issue refund.

Other than my wheel, I know Westwork has been waiting on his order for like 14 months!
His wheel is even more custom than mine. He actually sourced out the correct Y insert for dctms to begin with plus custom imbedded F logos & such.
I think Westley's and mine are probably the orders that made dctms not wanting to do custom wheels anymore...

Will update after Monday once the wheel shows up.
Cheers.
BossMoss (07-10-17)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Product DCTMS RC F carbon steering wheel