CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

New Product DCTMS RC F carbon steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-17, 07:25 PM
DCTMS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankieice
Josh,

Thank you!

The Rioja Red looks good. Is it possible to see a picture of the steering put together?

Frankieice
Hi Frankieice,

The Sample Steering Wheel just finished today. I have this steering wheel on hand and can be sold / shipped immediately if you are interested. Our production order is going to begin today and will be completed in a few weeks.

Here some photos from today:

*Shown with a carbonfiber trim not included, but for show purposes only*

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Well I just got notice that my steering wheel has shipped and should arrive next Monday!!
Lets just say this wheel order has tested all my faith & patience when dealing with a vendor.
The order was placed around October last year.

I will say it was a very custom order and josh told me it would be 3-4 months wait time. Currently at 9 months plus.
By the time I started to feel nervous about the deal, the PayPal 6 months guarantee had passed so I didn't have much recourse other than to wait.
Plus, just like Jim, I really wanted the product vs a refund.

Josh did respond a few times along the way so I can't say there wasn't any communication although abeit slow & spotty.

Originally the wheel was suppose to have a two tone ring at the top (white-red-white).
Few months ago, Ivan exprsssed to me that his supplier overseas did not want to do the rings anymore due to complaints of the rings being off center.
He said if I insisted on the ring, then he would have to decline the whole order and give me a full refund. I was way too deep at that point to just get a refund so I said ok to not having rings.
Josh agreed to give me a refund for that part of the work plus Ivan agreed to give me another refund for the delay. So far I have not received the pay pal refund but Ivan did say he wanted me to receive the wheel, inspect it, and if all is good, then will he issue refund.

Other than my wheel, I know Westwork has been waiting on his order for like 14 months!
His wheel is even more custom than mine. He actually sourced out the correct Y insert for dctms to begin with plus custom imbedded F logos & such.
I think Westley's and mine are probably the orders that made dctms not wanting to do custom wheels anymore...

Will update after Monday once the wheel shows up.
Cheers.
Hi Ming,

Thank you for your patience with this order. Thank you for understanding that I am solely a sales representative and cannot directly control production / working conditions & environments. Thank you for understanding that the steering wheel you ordered was very custom and required more labor and time. Working with carbonfiber is never a sure a thing. All of the wheels we sell are hand made / stitched. There is a lot of different steps required in the process of building the steering wheels. When customizations are added, processes change and need to meet the specifications. While we love to see our clients visions brought to life, the unexpected occurrences throughout the build and prolonged lead-time have shy'd us away from providing this service going into the future.

We always try our best to meet our lead times but when we don't clients get upset with us. When clients ask for an update and all we can provide is that "its still in production" because it really still is in production or "they are still working on it" because they really are still working on it, they get upset with us and demand dates. It is very hard for us to provide a date when the steering wheel is still being made. If we provide a date and the steering wheel is still not done, our clients get even more mad at us. This another reason going into the future, we will no longer provide a customization service.

What I mentioned in the above (middle) paragraph is not in any way directed towards you. Its just an explanation to some of our stress when it comes to custom orders and the process. You as a person and client were very easy to work with, very honest, and very patient. I know we did offer you a 100% refund a few times but you did stick it through with us till our production was able to fulfilled the order. Please give us a call when your steering wheel arrives, we want to make sure you are happy with your build.

Best Regards,

DCTMS // Josh V.
Josh@dctms.com

Last edited by DCTMS; 07-10-17 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 06:41 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by DCTMS
Hi BossMoss,

The steering wheel you had ordered with us was very custom and not like any of our standard design. We have tried our best to fulfill this order, but delays did happen. This order did not only go through our production, but also through one of our other vendors in order to achieve the level of customization. We have issued you a full refund of the 50% deposit you have left with us. If you check with the PayPal refund, we did also express an apology message. We do hope we can win your business next time around

Best Regards,

DCTMS // Josh V.
Josh@dctms.com

Josh,
I just found my Paypal refund receipt, so I have attached a copy of it for you. There is a message that only reads: "refund issued for the case." Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see this message as any type of explanation or apology. I would have been happy to wait, had you not stopped all communication for 2 months. Even a reply saying - "please be patient, it's still in the works," would have sufficed. The final contact I had from you told me that I would have QC pics the following week. When I didn't have those pics after another 3 weeks, I started to email you and heard nothing else for 2 months until I received the refund. Just FYI, after I received my refund I ordered the exact same steering wheel that I had ordered from you from a different vendor. It came from Hong Kong in 12 days. It looks fantastic, though I have yet to install it. I don't wish to leave any bad feelings, but I do want to set the record straight for others that have read my posts. Best regards to you in the future.
Attached Thumbnails DCTMS RC F carbon steering wheel-dctms-refund.png  
Old 07-15-17, 01:17 PM
TitanG545
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Sadness that people are having such a bad experience getting the steering wheel. I would love to get one but I need better customer service before I spend $700 for a 9 month turnaround. I will keep watching this thread in hopes the customer service vastly turnsaround.
Old 07-16-17, 11:00 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Should just stop doing custom wheels if it is that much of a headache.
Old 07-16-17, 11:25 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Spam89
Should just stop doing custom wheels if it is that much of a headache.
Yeah, but thats the "Risk/Reward" we all take as "Enthusiast" to "Create" something our own...Much like our own Identity/Style to some degree...If not, your just other "Drone" walking/being in other persons steps/shadows...Who has been there/moved on...Seeking the next adventure/challenge...
Old 07-22-17, 09:46 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/weswork/, on Flickr

Well, I finally received my wheel after 16 months, almost to the day. We finalized what the order would be and I paid for it in full on 3/16/16. Yes, this was a very "custom" wheel by their standards I guess but, they (DCTMS) solicited me through PM after I posted my build thread and said they could and would build anything I wanted. Like most of you the communication I received was limited and sporadic, I never seemed to get any responses to questions or comments I posted in this thread, and Josh has never responded to any of my emails or calls.

The specs of my wheel were/are 3-part carbon wheel, perforated leather side grips, smooth leather bottom, blue and white stitching, and carbon Y trim with embedded F emblem. I supplied the F emblem, Y trim (as they were using the wrong one), and oem door trim to ensure weave pattern was going in the right direction.

I am happy with the result and think the wheel looks really good. They met the specs of the order. I will say it appears that the carbon on the Y is a slightly different weave from the carbon on the wheel rim. Installation was fairly easy and I didn't have any issues with off-center after install. After all is said and done, knowing what I know now, I would likely not do it again.
The following 2 users liked this post by weswork:
BossMoss (07-25-17), TitanG545 (07-24-17)
Old 07-24-17, 08:36 AM
TitanG545
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork

IMG_4204 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

Well, I finally received my wheel after 16 months, almost to the day. We finalized what the order would be and I paid for it in full on 3/16/16. Yes, this was a very "custom" wheel by their standards I guess but, they (DCTMS) solicited me through PM after I posted my build thread and said they could and would build anything I wanted. Like most of you the communication I received was limited and sporadic, I never seemed to get any responses to questions or comments I posted in this thread, and Josh has never responded to any of my emails or calls.

The specs of my wheel were/are 3-part carbon wheel, perforated leather side grips, smooth leather bottom, blue and white stitching, and carbon Y trim with embedded F emblem. I supplied the F emblem, Y trim (as they were using the wrong one), and oem door trim to ensure weave pattern was going in the right direction.

I am happy with the result and think the wheel looks really good. They met the specs of the order. I will say it appears that the carbon on the Y is a slightly different weave from the carbon on the wheel rim. Installation was fairly easy and I didn't have any issues with off-center after install. After all is said and done, knowing what I know now, I would likely not do it again.
Glad you received it, very unfortunate that customer service was so horrible and that it took so long to receive.
Old 07-24-17, 02:52 PM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

that wheel looks good, too bat the service was not..
The following users liked this post:
TitanG545 (07-25-17)
Old 06-01-18, 08:47 PM
ChrisW20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016!Lexus RC200t

Thank you for you business and really appreciate your time and review.
how much for RCF carbon steering wheel ?
Old 06-10-18, 11:13 PM
FleshDZL
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We work on making carbon fiber Y trim to RC F members. Here is what we done for III Gen IS 350 F sport CL members. We know there are slightly different between RC F and IS F sport "Y" trim, so we will provide the full set of carbon fiber steering wheel upgrade to our RC F members,

Feature
1.) glossy black carbon fiber top and two lower parts of flat bottom
2.) comfortable black perforated side grips
3.) white stitching to match your interior design
4.) carbon fiber 'Y" for your F emblem

Feel free to leave us comments or questions.
This is beautiful, would you PM me pricing for this exact setup?

Thank you.