CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-15, 12:44 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts
Default RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers

So we have finally released our new "True" rear coilovers for the RCF. We are confidant this is the ultimate suspension system available anywhere for the RCF bar none!

Summary of Features and Specs:
  • We redesigned the RCF rear suspension to convert the "divorced" coil-on-arm design to true coilover shock for more linear spring rates and improved at the limit balance. Rear coilover shocks also allow us to use much higher spring rates than stock or any other RCF suspension on the market. High spring rates are critical to controlling the weight transfer on the RCF.
  • Penske 7500DA series monotube shocks with double independent compression and rebound adjustment. Custom valving options. All aluminum billet construction saves about 20lbs over OEM components.
  • Penske 7500DA shocks ARE IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE COMPARED TO KW V3 OR OHLINS ROAD & TRACK. Ohlins R&T are NOT the uber expensive race shocks built in Sweden that bear the Ohlins name... they are a relatively simple monotube shock made in Thailand or Japan (depending on who you believe). Ohlins R&T shocks are only single adjustable, and they do not have a head valve and inline internal reservior like the Penske 7500 shocks we use. KW V3 are heavy (20-25 lbs heavier than ours) twin tube shocks -- they are street-only shocks with ZERO similarity to the KW race quality coilovers. To get an Ohlins shock in the same caliber as the Penske 7500DA, you would have to spend $850/shock, just for the shock!
  • Every shock that Penske builds for RR-Racing is built by the same engineers who build the IndyCar, LMP1/Prototype, and Winston Cup shocks, and with the same attention to detail and quality that goes into every race shock Penske builds.
  • Every Penske shock is dyno tested after assembly to ensure quality and consistency.
  • Hypercoil or Eibach ERS main and helper springs with Afco polymer couplers and Delrin isolators on top and bottom perches. Custom spring rates available. Hypercoil springs are US made, extremely high quality (tested within 2% spring rate), and found in virtually every form of racing, including IndyCar and NASCAR.
  • Aurora lower spherical bearings for shock mounts. Top plates use a massive 1.5" OD QA1 upper spherical bearing.
  • Rather than reuse OEM upper mounts, we designed our own upper spherical bearing aluminum top plates, featuring modular & rebuildable design for easy servicing. The other advantage of our upper mounts is that the spring perch is divorced from the spring, which allows completely linear spring motion and significant reduction in bending loads on the shock absorber (vs. KW, Ohlins, and other non-divorced setups).
  • RR Racing is located 20 minutes from Penske Racing Shocks Headquarters, so we can offer our customers the best service and fastest turnaround time on all orders and custom specifications. If you every need a repair or rebuild due to an accident, we can usually turnaround the shocks in a matter of 1-3 days!
  • Standard Spring rates (custom rates available upon request):
    • 900lbs(16kg) Front & 800lbs(14kg) Rear – Standard Road&Track setup
    • 1000lbs (18kg) Front & 900lbs(16kg) Rear – Aggressive Road&Track setup, for those using R-comp tires or slicks. Still very streetable.
  • Extensively track tested and track proven on our shop IS-F and our TWO RCF test cars!

RECENTLY ADDED: check out our complete suspension technical paper here: http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/215.htm

And one last note: Our Penske suspension is not a race suspension. Just because we use top of the line Penske race shocks does not mean they are uncomfortable, or need to be rebuilt every year. These shocks are tuned for both comfort and performance, but they handle like nothing else.

Also available to complement our suspension: Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) and SPC adjustable rear camber arms.
Attached Thumbnails RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-njmp-testing.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-rcf-product-photo.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-rcf-rear-suspension.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-front-suspension.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-spc-rears-lr-72450.jpg  

RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-isfxlca001.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-figure8-diagram.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-cuscoefc.jpg   RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers-lateral-loading.jpg  
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-04-16 at 02:13 AM. Reason: added link to suspension white paper
Old 12-18-15, 10:04 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

My car is the one on the right. I was the one of two to initially ride on this setup. All I can say is WoW. The before and after is truly night and day. The rct stock has a lot of rear end play and frankly the car is too loose from the factory. This setup lowered the car a desired amount, increased the spring rates, and gave the car a stiffness that it needed. The car feels more responsive with its steering, very planted, and doesn't scare you in corners. The ride is stock like w a sporty feel. I'm currently approaching 2k miles on this setup and haven't found anything not to love.

Ps - I track tested the Penske setup a week after I got it. Yes, they perform and most certainly hold their own on and off the track.

I've had nothing but a pleasant experience with rr racing and the overly knowledgable team. Without their input, I wouldn't have the car of my dreams. Thanks you for making the best even better!!
The following users liked this post:
JayLexin (12-12-19)
Old 12-20-15, 06:39 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Thought I'd chime in with a quick review of the RRRacing Penske set up.Before I get started I want to say I'm not getting into a pissing war with someone about RRRacing products over some other manufacturer. I have suspension parts from another vendor on my car, so I'm going to give my honest opinion. I'm really enjoying the Penske's. The installation took a few hours and the only change I did was raising the rear height up a little. The adjustment took me about 20 minutes (including the time to remove the wheels on/off 2 more times) and then I was set up perfectly. The fronts didn't need a any adjustments. I'll cover comfort and daily drive-able first. I'm betting most people won't take this car to the track, but would still like to have a better handling car. I'm the guy that keeps his Sparco gloves in the glove box for when I'm up in The Highlands as well as North Georgia. I like driving my car the way it was intended to be driven and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get out on the Mtn roads to push the car in a more spirited way of driving. These coils really do eat up the bumps, but most noticeably is the elimination of body roll. It's gone. The dual spring set up helps with wheel droop and also allows the main springs to completely decompress. Keeping the tires planted is a good thing =).

I'll be honest and tell you this isn't my daily driver, but I do take it for work when I have to travel and that's twice a month to either Atlanta/Athens (bout 6+ hours) and then down to S Florida ( bout 6-8 depending on where). My back is never sore and I haven't regretted going with a stiffer set up. Yes it rides rougher...that's the trade-off you give up, but it's honestly not bad. We were driving in downtown Atlanta this past weekend (Atlantas roads are *****!) and the car does fine....this isn't an LS by any means, but it's totally doable. If I never got to take my car out of a large city, I wouldn't buy these. I wouldn't buy any coilover. I'd go with lowering springs and be done with it.

I'll add this, I took my RCF around a corner a few months back and the rear RSR lowing springs completely bottomed out and that cost me 750$ for cutting through a wiring harness. Here's my point, if you want to extract more out of your car then go the coilover route. If you want to cruise to a Cars and Coffee and to the mall, then pick up some lowering springs. After driving on this setup, I can appreciate the higher spring rates and the high quality of the RRRacing Penske kit.
Old 01-07-16, 03:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Thought I'd chime in with a quick review of the RRRacing Penske set up.Before I get started I want to say I'm not getting into a pissing war with someone about RRRacing products over some other manufacturer. I have suspension parts from another vendor on my car, so I'm going to give my honest opinion. I'm really enjoying the Penske's. The installation took a few hours and the only change I did was raising the rear height up a little. The adjustment took me about 20 minutes (including the time to remove the wheels on/off 2 more times) and then I was set up perfectly. The fronts didn't need a any adjustments. I'll cover comfort and daily drive-able first. I'm betting most people won't take this car to the track, but would still like to have a better handling car. I'm the guy that keeps his Sparco gloves in the glove box for when I'm up in The Highlands as well as North Georgia. I like driving my car the way it was intended to be driven and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get out on the Mtn roads to push the car in a more spirited way of driving. These coils really do eat up the bumps, but most noticeably is the elimination of body roll. It's gone. The dual spring set up helps with wheel droop and also allows the main springs to completely decompress. Keeping the tires planted is a good thing =).

I'll be honest and tell you this isn't my daily driver, but I do take it for work when I have to travel and that's twice a month to either Atlanta/Athens (bout 6+ hours) and then down to S Florida ( bout 6-8 depending on where). My back is never sore and I haven't regretted going with a stiffer set up. Yes it rides rougher...that's the trade-off you give up, but it's honestly not bad. We were driving in downtown Atlanta this past weekend (Atlantas roads are *****!) and the car does fine....this isn't an LS by any means, but it's totally doable. If I never got to take my car out of a large city, I wouldn't buy these. I wouldn't buy any coilover. I'd go with lowering springs and be done with it.

I'll add this, I took my RCF around a corner a few months back and the rear RSR lowing springs completely bottomed out and that cost me 750$ for cutting through a wiring harness. Here's my point, if you want to extract more out of your car then go the coilover route. If you want to cruise to a Cars and Coffee and to the mall, then pick up some lowering springs. After driving on this setup, I can appreciate the higher spring rates and the high quality of the RRRacing Penske kit.

Thank you for that review!

We recently published a complete technical white paper on our suspension... I want to emphasize, no other suspension offering for the RCF reaches the caliber of our Penske setup, period! No matter how much our competition jacks up the price on conventional street coilovers, it still doesn't get there

RR Racing Suspension White Paper topics covered:

http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/215.htm

thank you all!

Rafi

Old 01-21-16, 12:06 PM
    GGawaran
    Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the strut towers on these strong enough to house both? I am more concerned with the long term usage. I know some cars with divorced springs don't have strong enough tower/mounting points to utilize an actual coilover set-up without reinforcing the tower...
    Old 01-21-16, 07:17 PM
    RRRacing
    Sponsor

Originally Posted by GGawaran
    Are the strut towers on these strong enough to house both? I am more concerned with the long term usage. I know some cars with divorced springs don't have strong enough tower/mounting points to utilize an actual coilover set-up without reinforcing the tower...

ABSOLUTELY! The RCF shock towers are stronger than the ISF shock towers... Not only are they stronger due to the design of the bracing, but the RCF bracing is both spot welded AND bonded... ISF only bonded.

Rafi

Old 01-23-16, 01:37 AM
    ba2sy
    Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

How's the Electronic Damping Controller?
    Old 02-03-16, 09:14 AM
    RRRacing
    Sponsor

Originally Posted by ba2sy
    How's the Electronic Damping Controller?

Sorry I missed this question... we are aiming to introduce this soon, just working on tunes right now. The thing is, in talking to our customers and getting feedback after they have driven with the Penskes, everyone is happy with how they ride without making any changes. We ship the suspension pre-set to our recommended street/track settings. This setup works well on the track, and is comfortable on the street.

Rafi

Old 02-18-16, 10:27 AM
    RRRacing
    Sponsor

Just wanted you guys to know, we have some ISF's looking for a group buy on our Penske's... so we won't leave the RCF's out... here is the link to our ISF vendor thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...oup-buy-4.html

Old 02-18-16, 06:10 PM
    4everkidd
    Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Canadian dollar takes all of the fun out of this for me

Over $5200 before shipping and duties
    Old 02-19-16, 03:39 AM
    ba2sy
    Instructor

What's the difference between Double Adjust and Single Adjust?
    Old 02-19-16, 04:59 AM
    RRRacing
    Sponsor

Originally Posted by ba2sy
    What's the difference between Double Adjust and Single Adjust?

The double and single adjust shocks are mechanically identical, difference is that the double adjust version, you can adjust compression and rebound independently of each other (two separate adjustment *****). Single adjust you adjust compression and rebound with one ****.

Advantage of the double adjust is for those guys who really want to hone in the behavior of the car for track applications (and know how to do it).

Double adjust also helps during drag racing. You can reduce rear compression, and increase rear rebound. Then you reduce front rebound damping... this allows the car to "squat" when you launch it in order to improve grip off the line.

-Rafi

Old 03-01-16, 07:47 AM
    GGawaran
    Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRRacing
    Just wanted you guys to know, we have some ISF's looking for a group buy on our Penske's... so we won't leave the RCF's out... here is the link to our ISF vendor thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...oup-buy-4.html
    So this includes the RC-F guys if I read into this correctly?
    Old 03-01-16, 05:32 PM
    ba2sy
    Instructor

Originally Posted by GGawaran
    So this includes the RC-F guys if I read into this correctly?
    Yes, to help ISF with the group-buy so, they included us RCF owners.
    Old 03-03-16, 03:58 AM
    RRRacing
    Sponsor

So for anyone thinking of getting involved in a group buy with the ISF folks, here is the pricing for the RCF coils:

2-3 orders -- $3400 for the double adjust, $3100 for the single adjust
    3-4 orders -- $3350 for the double adjust, $3050 for the single adjust
    5-6 orders -- $3300 for the double adjust, $3000 for the single adjust

USRS - $300 extra (discounted about $50)

We can probably easily reach the 5 order threshold.

We will run this BB now through March 24th (approximately), and ship late March.

thanks!

Rafi

Quick Reply: New Product RRRacing/Penske RC/RCF "True" Coilovers