CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product SIKKY ISF Stainless Steel Header

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-16, 09:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 5280ISF
Any updates from new Sikky v2 header owners?
Not really much to update.

Last edited by caymandive; 10-14-16 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-09-16, 09:49 AM
thegrunt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 5280ISF
Any updates from new Sikky v2 header owners?
I've had mine installed (2012 IS-F) a little over a month ago and I have ZERO complaints. SIKKY installed them at their shop so they dynoed before and after on the same machine. I gained 51 hp and 26 lbs of torque; at least 405 to the ground. I already had the JoeZ exhaust so I'm sure that helped with the gains. I also have the Penskes and FIGS bushing to help play with all this power. I'm scheduled to get the tuned intake system from RR Racing later this month and I’ll get it dynoed again when the weather warms up.

I drive this car every day to work through crappy VA/DC traffic and I have no issues (other than the rear tires losing traction), I also went to the track once. The track wasn't in good shape so I couldn't push it to the the limit, but it's quickness and power is undeniable. I'm still smiling, but I’m also a bit sad because I won't be going to the track until next April. My buddy Mikesoft posted his track day video and included a clip of my car in the straightaway for those that want to hear it. The guys at SIKKY did a fantastic job and they did it right the first time. It's like a new car to me and the deep throated sound of the engine is absolutely beautiful.

and the 6:05 mark.

-Mark
Old 10-09-16, 10:00 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrunt
I've had mine installed (2012 IS-F) a little over a month ago and I have ZERO complaints. SIKKY installed them at their shop so they dynoed before and after on the same machine. I gained 51 hp and 26 lbs of torque; at least 405 to the ground. I already had the JoeZ exhaust so I'm sure that helped with the gains. I also have the Penskes and FIGS bushing to help play with all this power. I'm scheduled to get the tuned intake system from RR Racing later this month and I’ll get it dynoed again when the weather warms up.

I drive this car every day to work through crappy VA/DC traffic and I have no issues (other than the rear tires losing traction), I also went to the track once. The track wasn't in good shape so I couldn't push it to the the limit, but it's quickness and power is undeniable. I'm still smiling, but I’m also a bit sad because I won't be going to the track until next April. My buddy Mikesoft posted his track day video and included a clip of my car in the straightaway for those that want to hear it. The guys at SIKKY did a fantastic job and they did it right the first time. It's like a new car to me and the deep throated sound of the engine is absolutely beautiful.

-Mark
Wow that sounds great and not crazy loud. Are you catless?
Old 10-09-16, 10:17 AM
thegrunt
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Wow that sounds great and not crazy loud. Are you catless?
On sound advice from caymandive, I also added GESI HO-series catalytic converters (rated for 350-500HP).
Old 10-09-16, 10:28 AM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wish I could hop in on this deal. Unfortunately, the only way I'd be able to get my car up to Maryland is if I trailer it up to Sikky. I've opted in for the rental because of the Takata airbag recall, and won't be able to rack up 2k+ miles for round trip from FL.

Hopefully there will be some incentives in the future!
Old 10-09-16, 12:58 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

On sound advice from caymandive, I also added GESI HO-series catalytic converters (rated for 350-500HP).
Great to hear! I'm really glad I have the GESI cats. It was such a pain swapping exhaust each year to pass state inspection and emissions. This year I drove into the inspection facility and drove out without a problem and it was great!

btw what bushings did you get from FIGS?
Attached Thumbnails SIKKY ISF Stainless Steel Header-unnamed.png  

Last edited by caymandive; 10-09-16 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-10-16, 07:43 AM
thegrunt
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by caymandive
Great to hear! I'm really glad I have the GESI cats. It was such a pain swapping exhaust each year to pass state inspection and emissions. This year I drove into the inspection facility and drove out without a problem and it was great!

btw what bushings did you get from FIGS?
I bought these last year in June, http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/index.php...product_id=235

They were easy to install (after Mikersoft showed me how on his IS-F) and I noticed a big difference. My tire wear has been excellent considering how many miles I drive plus I've been to the track numerous times on them.
Old 10-10-16, 01:58 PM
5280ISF
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfK1PiVbrS0 and the 6:05 mark.

-Mark
^^^^^^^ Great feedback, thanks for sharing Mark. Waiting for these to be available for shipping.

Your car sounds great!
Old 10-10-16, 05:27 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

I bought these last year in June, http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/index.php...product_id=235

They were easy to install (after Mikersoft showed me how on his IS-F) and I noticed a big difference. My tire wear has been excellent considering how many miles I drive plus I've been to the track numerous times on them.
Thanks! I've added these to my list of parts to get.
Old 10-10-16, 11:19 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks! I've added these to my list of parts to get.
this is the 1st aftermarket part i bought for my car and it has done wonders.

question for you, how are your coilovers holding after all this years?

thanks
Old 10-11-16, 06:03 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by blackisF08
this is the 1st aftermarket part i bought for my car and it has done wonders.

question for you, how are your coilovers holding after all this years?

thanks
Coilovers are holding up great and I have no complaints. Hard to believe I've had them on the car now over 5 years. With that said though I've only put around 20k on the car since then.
Old 10-13-16, 09:28 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Coilovers are holding up great and I have no complaints. Hard to believe I've had them on the car now over 5 years. With that said though I've only put around 20k on the car since then.
that's good to hear, i might go this route once the winter is over
Old 10-24-16, 06:46 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Any other reviews or updates?!

V.
Old 10-24-16, 07:29 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

The only other review so far has been Caymandive's in his build thread. Search for his post.
Old 10-24-16, 08:11 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Yes, I've seen his review. Definitely was negative as far as installation and customer service goes. Seemed as if he's satisfied with the performance and sound of the headers themselves though.
But his installation was slightly different though (not to make any excuses for Sikky or anything though). His car was a test mule for fitment, ect etc and stayed with Sikky for months and months for R&D, etc.
Mainly looking for more reviews from people who have gotten the production v2 header and installation. I want to hop on this but def want to feel comfortable about my car being in their hands for a few days and comfortable about spending a few grand on this mod.
I know plenty of people have been to MD and have gotten the new headers and install, just wondering we only have a few reviews....

V.

Quick Reply: New Product SIKKY ISF Stainless Steel Header