CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

*** RR Racing Popular Bazooka Exhaust is Back!!! ***

Old 06-21-16, 05:38 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol wow people really don't know how to read.

I'm asking about the Bazooka option BY ITSELF. It is essentially just straight pipes with aftermarket tips welded onto it. I'm not asking about the full exhaust, nor am I asking if part of the exhaust needs to be welded to run it.

I'll just wait for Rafi to respond...
Old 06-21-16, 05:46 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

To answer your original question then, yes, that's the gist of it. It's an add on to the Borla mid pipe. Thus why people keep bringing up the Borla.
Old 06-21-16, 07:23 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Lol wow people really don't know how to read.

I'm asking about the Bazooka option BY ITSELF. It is essentially just straight pipes with aftermarket tips welded onto it. I'm not asking about the full exhaust, nor am I asking if part of the exhaust needs to be welded to run it.

I'll just wait for Rafi to respond...
Yes and No. The Bazooka tips sold by RRRacing come two ways. One with mufflers and one without. They are meant to used with the Borla exhaust, though I suppose they could be fabricated to fit any exhaust system. I've attached a pict of the Borla system and circled the parts (mufflers and tips) that the Bazooka replaces. The Bazooka is shaped exactly like the standard Borla pieces, with the exception that the Bazooka includes tips at the muffler outlets.

And I think my reading skills are pretty good. How's yours!

Lou
Attached Thumbnails *** RR Racing Popular Bazooka Exhaust is Back!!! ***-borla_02_f730614c4ae86e2e0373e3e050dae9e5f944a02a.jpg  
Old 06-21-16, 07:41 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

The vendor's website has detailed pictures. Zoomable even.

Guess it's just easier to ask.
Old 06-22-16, 10:50 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Yes and No. The Bazooka tips sold by RRRacing come two ways. One with mufflers and one without. They are meant to used with the Borla exhaust, though I suppose they could be fabricated to fit any exhaust system. I've attached a pict of the Borla system and circled the parts (mufflers and tips) that the Bazooka replaces. The Bazooka is shaped exactly like the standard Borla pieces, with the exception that the Bazooka includes tips at the muffler outlets.

And I think my reading skills are pretty good. How's yours!

Lou
Nope, wrong again. The BAZOOKA is only ONE option, which is the muffler-less axle back section. If you go to RR Racing's website you will see that the add-on option with the mufflers is called the "Quad-tip upgrade".
Old 06-22-16, 11:44 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, wrong again. The BAZOOKA is only ONE option, which is the muffler-less axle back section. If you go to RR Racing's website you will see that the add-on option with the mufflers is called the "Quad-tip upgrade".
Exactly.

Your understanding of what the Bazooka exhaust is, is correct.

It's muffler deletes with tips.
Old 06-22-16, 11:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Come on - OK, the Bazooka is only one option, but RRRacing has two options exactly as I described:

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-Q...isfexh0002.htm

http://www.rr-racing.com/Borla-Compl...isfexh0003.htm

And if that's how you react when someone tries to help, you won't be hearing from me again. Good Luck to you Sir!

Lou
Old 06-22-16, 04:34 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Not only lazy, but rude as well.
Old 06-25-16, 10:20 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine just showed up today! Very excited to get it put on, quick question though - do the secondary high flow catalytic converters bolt on as well or will they require welding? Thinking of just going through the dealership near me for installation as they've done a great job with everything else I've asked of them if it is just bolt on.
Old 06-26-16, 07:39 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
Mine just showed up today! Very excited to get it put on, quick question though - do the secondary high flow catalytic converters bolt on as well or will they require welding? Thinking of just going through the dealership near me for installation as they've done a great job with everything else I've asked of them if it is just bolt on.
The high-flow cats are designed for to be welded in, as they're supposed to go right behind the OEM exhaust manifolds or aftermarket headers.

For the bazooka tips, that's an easy DIY installation.. Put the rear up on jack stands (or back onto Rhino ramps like I did), and it should only take 30 min or so to swap out the Borla mufflers.

-Mike
Old 06-26-16, 09:08 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
The high-flow cats are designed for to be welded in, as they're supposed to go right behind the OEM exhaust manifolds or aftermarket headers.

For the bazooka tips, that's an easy DIY installation.. Put the rear up on jack stands (or back onto Rhino ramps like I did), and it should only take 30 min or so to swap out the Borla mufflers.

-Mike
Thank you for the response, ordered entire borla with it instead of just tips so I'm thinking of having a shop do it either way, anybody got a good one in CO?
Old 06-28-16, 04:01 PM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

finally back in town today with phone service and got the chance to open my RR boxes.
hope i can get this installed within a week.

Old 06-28-16, 06:04 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by davidcausa
finally back in town today with phone service and got the chance to open my RR boxes.
hope i can get this installed within a week.

Oops, disregard my last post on another thread.. Glad to see you got your exhaust.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-02-16, 12:45 PM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Welp got them installed today. Dissapointed that the mufflers are different size so one side sticks out a few inches further. Had to hack my old mufflers in half to get them in the car haha. I'll get videos up soon. One thing for anyone looking at these, THEY ARE LOUD AS @$!#^&*. They sounds great but will take getting used to since I was scared driving 45 minutes home haha.
Old 07-02-16, 05:47 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just installed mine with a buddy and HOLY **** is it loud hahaha. The videos online of it just don't do it justice. My favorite part is how when your driving at city or highway speeds cruising there's no drone, it's just as quiet as it is stock. In reference to what davidcausa said, the tips on the right side of mine stick out about an inch farther than the left side but it's only noticeable to people if you point it out to them so that doesn't bother me. If you're thinking about getting this exhaust I 100% recommend it, hats off to rr-racing for making me fall in love with my car all over again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** RR Racing Popular Bazooka Exhaust is Back!!! ***