CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Old 01-19-16, 07:42 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts
Default RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Tune is available now. We will get ordering info on our website by Sunday night, January 24th.

Pricing: $750 ($650 with Clublexus discount code "IAMTUNED").

Other details:

(1) We will never sit on our butts, we will continue to develop and work with our customers to make the tune better. Essential re-tunes will be free for 1 year from purchase date.

(2) Upgrades for additional features such as TB upgrades, and future intake upgrades we are working on will be approx $200-$300.

(3) Once we formally introduce the SC kit in Spring or early summer, we will deduct the tune price from the price of the SC kit (you will still need to send us the ECU for recalibration)

For months now we have been saying that "we are working on some big stuff" or we have lots of new stuff in the pipeline... blah, blah... well, we are ready to announce one of those things that we just completed - a real, bonafide and tested ECU tune for the Lexus ISF.

I want to emphasize, that this was not a weekend project for us, where we slapped on ISF on the dyno, played around a bit, and done... This tune is the culmination of months for prep time and ECU ROM file development, and about a month and over 1500 miles of actual tuning/driving time on our shop ISF.

We do most of our development on the road, under real world conditions, doing hundreds of runs and datalogs and hundreds of miles between remaps in order to determine how the ECU reacts to changes and adjust learning parameters. We have developed a full understanding of the following ECU functions/parameters, including but not limited to:
  • Direct Injection / Port Injection fuel mapping
  • Ignition control (ISF has base igntion maps, and camshaft dependent ignition maps... so quite a lot of work do do here)
  • Intake and Exhaust variable cam maps
  • Rev limit and tranny control
  • Speed limiter raised

Initial on road impressions are that the ISF pulls much more smoothly and linearly, with excellent midrange improvement. This was evidenced in our ignition curve datalogs shown below where a combination of igntion and cam timing adjustments resulted in a much more linear and aggressive ignition curve, free of any detonation or large ignition corrections:

So after many iterations and road dyno and datalogs, we headed over to Fabspeed Motorsports Dynojet. For those of you who haven't heard about Fabspeed's dyno... this is a top-notch climate controlled shop and fabrication facility:

RR-Racing ISF at the Fabspeed Dynojet

So after satisfying ourselves that we have done all we could with the mapping (for now, we are now ready to present the dyno results:

Baseline: RRRacing ISF, RRRacing Intake pipe, K&N filter, RRRacing Bazooka exhaust, full exhaust and OEM manifolds.

Tuned Map: Everything the same, only added the tune.

Baseline Results:
  • Hood Closed (intake air temps about 120F): about 345-353whp, 342wtq
Tuned Results:
  • Hood open (intake air temps about 70F-95F)... 405whp, 389wtq
  • Hood closed (intake air temps about 115F - 120F)... 395whp, 377wtq

That said, we are very happy with the results... 405whp for a non-header car is very respectable, and we found to the tune to be very stable, even when intentionally keeping the hood closed and jacking up the intake temps to simulate a hot day. The bottom line is that we can conservatively say that our shop ISF picked up about 30-40whp and 30-40wtq (we will update these with nicer dynojet plots tomorrow):

A few FAQ's which we will address in more detail shortly:

When will I be able to send you my ECU for tuning and how much will it cost?

Cost will be well under $1000 that some are planning on charging. We will be ready to start receiving ECU's end of next week (approx January 29, 2016), and in the next few days we will have ordering info up on our website.

How quickly can you return my ECU?

Our goal is a 1 day turnaround time. Our standard return shipping method will be 2-3 day USPS Priority mail, but Overnight shipment can be selected as an option.

What is RR-Racing doing next?

We are working a Supercharger kit with projected release early Spring 2016. In fact, the SC drive system design is nearly complete, and we are currently working on large MAF housing tune to handle big power tunes. Anyone purchasing our ECU tune now will receive credit towards the SC kit down the road... so nothing becomes obsolete.

Big thanks again to everyone who has supported us this past year, and also a big thanks to everyone who has provided us with baseline datalogs! We now have datalogs from 15+ different ISFs with various mods, so this info is going to be a great resource for us to continually improve our tuning products.

-Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-04-21 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-19-16, 07:53 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Wow thats great NEWS!

And the supercharging kit will be the icing on the cake.

Excited to see the outcome!

Definitely looking to purchase both!
Old 01-19-16, 07:53 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Very good stuff Rafi. I think I'll have to get my pocket book ready.

Curious to see how the Joez mods take to this tune
Old 01-19-16, 07:54 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Much better than expected! Hats off to Rafi and Simon!
Old 01-19-16, 07:56 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Finally history has been made
Old 01-19-16, 07:56 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

I honestly bought this car knowing that the only improvements with the car in terms of power the engine makes would be intake/headers/exhaust, little did I know there would be further support with tuning and f/i. This opens up a lot of doors and I'm really happy about my investment now.
Old 01-19-16, 07:58 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Perfect! Great job Rafi cant wait to get it!

Hopefully you got something useful out of my data logs I sent in
Old 01-19-16, 08:02 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 527 Likes on 312 Posts

Congrats on making the impossible possible!!

This is a game changer for the Lexus community.
Old 01-19-16, 08:03 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by nickj718
Perfect! Great job Rafi cant wait to get it!

Hopefully you got something useful out of my data logs I sent in

Thank you Nick, I did.. I am finding very good consistency in the datalogs I am receiving, which is a good thing. And getting your post-tune feedback and logs will help us even more.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-04-21 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-19-16, 08:05 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Helllll Yeaa!!!!!!!!!!! Damn this is exciting!
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. 405 with stock manifolds is very impressive!! And it looks like lots of meat under the curve which will Add smiles to normal commute. Great work Rafi! Can't exit to see those FBO (and SC) results. Any 1/4 mile runs planned?

Thanks for your support of this community and for your transparency with the results. Lots of confidence in these results!
O1GS43O
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

O snap can't wait to see the headered numbers. Got to get my ecu out and ready to ship.
Old 01-19-16, 08:06 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Thank you Nick, I did. I am finding very good consistency in the datalogs I am receiving, which is a good thing. And getting your post-tune feedback and logs will help us even more.

Rafi
Not a problem at all Rafi I'll do the same 5 pulls an a cruise like I did the last time.
Old 01-19-16, 08:06 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I need to buy an exhaust first lol..........
Old 01-19-16, 08:08 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

That's awesome news. My other question is how does the RCF have 60 more Horse power than the ISF on the same engine?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!