CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-16, 03:18 PM
toyer14
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very quite for something so ground breaking,any new positives or negatives on for those of you who have the tunes?
Old 06-05-16, 11:20 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was wondering about the same thing....i check this thread everyday hoping people who purchased the tune will give more feedbacks.....
Old 06-06-16, 01:53 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
i was wondering about the same thing....i check this thread everyday hoping people who purchased the tune will give more feedbacks.....
I suspect that many of us are, but I'm getting quite used to the sound of crickets...
Old 06-06-16, 03:59 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
I suspect that many of us are, but I'm getting quite used to the sound of crickets...
To me I say the tune is worth it but again I never dyno it I came from my 08 isf to 11 isf and I have I/h/e and apexi throttle controller but at the same time I guess u have to buy it to know or feel difference it's 93 pages saying something about this tune and I think someone did put up results
Old 06-06-16, 04:10 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I'll chime in..

I recently got the tune (on 5/22) at the end of a track day at Pocono Raceway. I wondered about the KCLV values that have been a big topic of discussion around here lately, so I asked Rafi to check mine right before he re-flashed the ECU. It was 23, which was great news. BTW, I did not do a baseline dyno beforehand, nor had I ever had one.

I should also mention that I switched from Mobil 1 to Redline motor oil the week before the track day. That's a different topic of for discussion, but I'd already begun to feel the car accelerating & idling smoother than with Mobil 1. Not to say it felt faster, just "smoother". Anyway, I thought I'd share that since I'm happy with the Redline oil so far. Also, my RR Racing A/O separator barely collected anything over 4 track sessions that day. That's an interesting difference from the previous track day in which I'd collected enough oil to more than fill the reservoir over 4 sessions. Anyway, I digress...

Rafi explained to me that once tuned, my KCLV would be reset to 15 and the learning process would start over. He also mentioned scenarios in which the KCLV might take a hit, and if I wanted to help maximize gains (like before a track day), some high quality octane boost (like Torco) should help.

I had a 4 hour drive ahead of me the next day on mostly freeways, so I figured that would be a good time for some 4th gear pulls & a constant flow of fresh air to help with the learning process.

On the way home, the car felt good, but nothing out of the ordinary. I started checking KCLV values over the next few days & was surprised to see that it had only climbed to 17.5. However, the car still felt great & there was no evidence the KCLV being lower than before had any negative impact. Anyway, I decided to throw in some Royal Purple Max Boost, which (based on reviews) seems to be a decent product similar to Torco's offering (plus it's available locally). A few days after that, my KCLV still hadn't climbed any higher than 17.5, which is somewhat perplexing since I truly did feel that the car had started performing better.

Since then, I've done one more fill up with another can of the Royal Purple. I have not checked my KCLV since after the first bottle of the octane boost, but I have to say the car has been feeling fantastic lately. I've put 35K miles on it since purchased (bought it with 8K) and it has never felt better than it does now. I've surprised myself several times by chirping the rear tires when accelerating, which has rarely happened before unless I was deliberately trying (I'm running 275 Michelin PSS). I don't think I'm fooling myself with wishful thinking & a placebo effect. I can't say that peak HP is up, but the overall performance throughout the powerband is definitely improved.

So, there you have it... I don't know what to say about the KCLV but I'll keep monitoring it. That said, the tune has yielded positive results IMO & I'm happy with it so far.

-Mike
Old 06-06-16, 06:44 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I'll chime in..

I recently got the tune (on 5/22) at the end of a track day at Pocono Raceway. I wondered about the KCLV values that have been a big topic of discussion around here lately, so I asked Rafi to check mine right before he re-flashed the ECU. It was 23, which was great news. BTW, I did not do a baseline dyno beforehand, nor had I ever had one.

I should also mention that I switched from Mobil 1 to Redline motor oil the week before the track day. That's a different topic of for discussion, but I'd already begun to feel the car accelerating & idling smoother than with Mobil 1. Not to say it felt faster, just "smoother". Anyway, I thought I'd share that since I'm happy with the Redline oil so far. Also, my RR Racing A/O separator barely collected anything over 4 track sessions that day. That's an interesting difference from the previous track day in which I'd collected enough oil to more than fill the reservoir over 4 sessions. Anyway, I digress...

Rafi explained to me that once tuned, my KCLV would be reset to 15 and the learning process would start over. He also mentioned scenarios in which the KCLV might take a hit, and if I wanted to help maximize gains (like before a track day), some high quality octane boost (like Torco) should help.

I had a 4 hour drive ahead of me the next day on mostly freeways, so I figured that would be a good time for some 4th gear pulls & a constant flow of fresh air to help with the learning process.

On the way home, the car felt good, but nothing out of the ordinary. I started checking KCLV values over the next few days & was surprised to see that it had only climbed to 17.5. However, the car still felt great & there was no evidence the KCLV being lower than before had any negative impact. Anyway, I decided to throw in some Royal Purple Max Boost, which (based on reviews) seems to be a decent product similar to Torco's offering (plus it's available locally). A few days after that, my KCLV still hadn't climbed any higher than 17.5, which is somewhat perplexing since I truly did feel that the car had started performing better.

Since then, I've done one more fill up with another can of the Royal Purple. I have not checked my KCLV since after the first bottle of the octane boost, but I have to say the car has been feeling fantastic lately. I've put 35K miles on it since purchased (bought it with 8K) and it has never felt better than it does now. I've surprised myself several times by chirping the rear tires when accelerating, which has rarely happened before unless I was deliberately trying (I'm running 275 Michelin PSS). I don't think I'm fooling myself with wishful thinking & a placebo effect. I can't say that peak HP is up, but the overall performance throughout the powerband is definitely improved.

So, there you have it... I don't know what to say about the KCLV but I'll keep monitoring it. That said, the tune has yielded positive results IMO & I'm happy with it so far.

-Mike
When you add the octane booster I recommend resetting the ecu. I've been through the process a good 10x and in my experience if you add the booster and reset the ecu and go for a highway cruise and do a few pulls in 4-8th respectively you can get the values to pretty much lock in around 21-22.
Old 06-06-16, 10:10 PM
toyer14
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so from recent comments,u have to run octance booster to make the car feel the $750 u drop on a tune,its faster stock with octane booster 2,im interested but not if i have to run octance booster every time I want to have some fun.
Old 06-06-16, 11:54 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by toyer14
so from recent comments,u have to run octance booster to make the car feel the $750 u drop on a tune,its faster stock with octane booster 2,im interested but not if i have to run octance booster every time I want to have some fun.
Before posting up comment you should throughly read post. Perhaps the entire thread, all information is right there. Some people don't want to take the time out to do proper research but they feel they can make comments without fully understanding the subject there commenting on.

I'll give you hand add octane booster to help speed up process of increasing KCLV value from 15 after tune has been installed to highest possible number over +21 ideally . Once the ECU has learned these new values you no longer need to add octane booster. You don't have to use octane booster it just makes the process easier and faster.

Last edited by Weapon F; 06-07-16 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-07-16, 04:29 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I'll chime in..

-Mike
Hey Mike, if you want, we have a new modified tune you can try, should get the KCLV up, but to test it out you would have to do some Techstream logs before/after... send me an email and we'll get the new files out to you to try.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-07-16, 04:37 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Drok149
When you add the octane booster I recommend resetting the ecu. I've been through the process a good 10x and in my experience if you add the booster and reset the ecu and go for a highway cruise and do a few pulls in 4-8th respectively you can get the values to pretty much lock in around 21-22.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Originally Posted by toyer14
so from recent comments,u have to run octance booster to make the car feel the $750 u drop on a tune
Is $750 too much for a tangible (albeit subtle) improvement in the car's performance that can be felt every time you drive it? IMO, it's not bad, especially compared to the thousands that some people spend on upgrades where the actual performance improvement will rarely (if ever) be realized because their cars are only driven on the street (which essentially makes it bling). BTW, I'm not knocking bling, but I choose to be more discriminate with my modification $$. To each his own

Full disclosure: My net cost for the tune was only $500, because of the introductory group buy + an RR Racing gift certificate I won late last year.

-Mike
Old 06-07-16, 04:39 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hey Mike, if you want, we have a new modified tune you can try, should get the KCLV up, but to test it out you would have to do some Techstream logs before/after... send me an email and we'll get the new files out to you to try.

Rafi
Oh that's interesting.. Thanks.

-Mike
Old 06-07-16, 06:23 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for that review Mike! I really enjoyed the read. I been using redline for my last 3 intervals thanks to 2URGSE member. I'm almost ready to take a sample, I'll post results in due time. Like you, that's the best way to describe the way the car feels...smooth.
Old 06-07-16, 08:08 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rafi,is the new tune for everyone who purchased the tune? Or just for people with KCLV issues?
Old 06-07-16, 09:17 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
Rafi,is the new tune for everyone who purchased the tune? Or just for people with KCLV issues?
Somthing I also want to know Rafi ?
Old 06-07-16, 10:27 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott610
Somthing I also want to know Rafi ?
If your KCLV is 20 or above, there is no point. This version is just for anyone who is experiencing a lower KCLV.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!