CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 10:40 PM
GBO
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just want to give a shout to Simon and Rafi and crew - i was apprehensive about ordering the kit from the other side of the world (Aus) but everything happened smoothly, freight, service, follow up, quality - ive done some cool things to cars over the years, and dealt with a lot of work shops, RR Racing has given me an awesome experience so far - thanks chaps!
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (09-14-17)
Old 09-13-17, 04:24 PM
BCHLER
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GBO
Just want to give a shout to Simon and Rafi and crew - i was apprehensive about ordering the kit from the other side of the world (Aus) but everything happened smoothly, freight, service, follow up, quality - ive done some cool things to cars over the years, and dealt with a lot of work shops, RR Racing has given me an awesome experience so far - thanks chaps!
After speaking with you Greg I am going to pull the trigger on this set up. Cant wait!!
RRRacing (09-14-17)
Old 10-11-17, 03:02 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by BCHLER
After speaking with you Greg I am going to pull the trigger on this set up. Cant wait!!

Just want to thank everyone who has been ordering our tunes and power packages... BTW, since its off-season now a bit, the leadtimes for our PPE header/Tune power packages are way down, so its a great time to order!

thanks again!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 11-05-17, 05:46 PM
empathy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure if anyone is having this issue, but overtime, the car starts to run very sluggish as if it is hesitating really bad, but intermittently. i can go weeks without the issue, but then it'll happen again. i've tried multiple gas stations/brands as well. never had this issue prior to the tune, but it has only happened after the tune. the car gets better for a couple thousand miles after I disconnect the battery to reset the ecu.

i'm located in CA, so not sure if its just our terrible gas.

My tune file is from April of this year.

Last edited by empathy; 11-05-17 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-07-17, 06:27 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Is there an update to the tune to fix the transmission from unlocking above the stock rpm limiter?
Old 11-07-17, 06:53 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Is there an update to the tune to fix the transmission from unlocking above the stock rpm limiter?
2nd this. Love that 7k roar and would love for it to be actually useful!
Old 11-07-17, 07:20 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Leander311
2nd this. Love that 7k roar and would love for it to be actually useful!
its doable, but would require shipping the ECU in for bench flashing, as currently it cannot be done via OBD. We were trying to make it happen via OBD.

Rafi

Leander311 (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 07:47 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RRRacing
its doable, but would require shipping the ECU in for bench flashing, as currently it cannot be done via OBD. We were trying to make it happen via OBD.

Rafi
Interesting... Would it prevent use of the OBD device for any future work/updates?
Old 11-14-17, 10:27 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Interesting... Would it prevent use of the OBD device for any future work/updates?
Lets put it this way, right now we are not doing it because no one wants to send in an ECU for tuning, let alone tranny flash. We have folks with 2017 IS300s who get 30hp with just a reflash, and most arent willing to send in their ECU's (right now we cannot OBD tune the 2017's)

Rafi

Old 11-15-17, 08:58 AM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lets put it this way, right now we are not doing it because no one wants to send in an ECU for tuning, let alone tranny flash. We have folks with 2017 IS300s who get 30hp with just a reflash, and most arent willing to send in their ECU's (right now we cannot OBD tune the 2017's)

Rafi
Rafi, 2017 IS 300 Guy here, I would gladly send in for bench tuning if there was a way I didn't have to pay fully again (i.e. double) when you figure out the OBD tune, like if I could just purchase the handheld tuner later when you figure it out (which I'm guessing is imminent). I'd gladly jump on it even with say a 20% penalty, but in the longer term, I want the ability to manage my own tune (restore to factory and put it back in), say in the event of a warranty issue and not be sending my ECU back and forth all the time.

Feel free to PM me if there's a way to do this I really want your tune, in my 2017 IS 300 - it's a no-brainer.
Old 11-17-17, 03:18 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Rafi
Me too... I have another ride so could sent it your way and do priority shipping both ways... if you can turn around same day or overnight, I'd only be out a week. Is the ECU hard to remove or something? Odd folks would be so put off by having to send it in. Well worth holding power to the new redline in my book!
Old 11-17-17, 04:02 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Me too... I have another ride so could sent it your way and do priority shipping both ways... if you can turn around same day or overnight, I'd only be out a week. Is the ECU hard to remove or something? Odd folks would be so put off by having to send it in. Well worth holding power to the new redline in my book!
Search is friend-
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...procedure.html
Old 11-17-17, 05:28 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

easy to remove the ECU. Actually when we first introduced an ISF tune it could only be bench flashed, and we literally had hundreds of ECUs sent to us, not a single problem.

We do same day turnaround... shipping the ECU BACK SAME DAY WE RECEIVE IT.

Rafi
Leander311 (11-19-17)
Old 11-19-17, 07:06 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

My car does not get driven in the winter so sending the ecu in might be something to consider if it fixes the trans issue.
Old 11-19-17, 08:53 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FinLIFE
My car does not get driven in the winter so sending the ecu in might be something to consider if it fixes the trans issue.
Same here... Rafi, will you have someone in the shop around New Years? I'll be traveling, so this would be the ideal window to send mine in. Maybe you could have a look at the trim files as well and make sure everything is to your expectations.

On another note, I had to go with stock rotors and so have a bit of cash to use elsewhere on the car. Of the coilovers you offer, which are the best bang for the buck? I'd like something great for track but with ease of adjustability to offer great road manners as well.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!