CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Speed Freaks USA: Project Mu HC+800 Introductory Special

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-16, 03:08 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Oh wow that's very good wear! The front pads come in at ~16mm total thickness brand new. The backplate is ~5mm thick so that would mean you still have ~45% life left in the pads assuming they are all wearing evenly. You should be able to stretch them for at least another 2 or 3 track events and a few thousand street miles with your current driving habits. The compound works so well that they should be just fine being run very thin, just keep an eye on them and make sure you don't send them to the backing plates during a track event!

-Matt M.
Old 08-15-16, 03:38 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm happy with them too. Extremely nice pads, I'm not going back to other kind until I experience something that will surpass these for similar price. They're still available at discounted price?
Old 08-17-16, 09:41 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bbong
I'm happy with them too. Extremely nice pads, I'm not going back to other kind until I experience something that will surpass these for similar price. They're still available at discounted price?
Glad to hear it Unless someone has been secretly formulating new compounds that I am unaware of, nothing else will come close to being truly competitive with these for some time. The only other aggressive street pads that will surpass these are the Endless MX72 or Endless MXRS and the only reason I say that is because they offer the performance and feel very similar to the HC+800 but are much easier to bed, damn near silent all the time (at least MX72) and produce much less dust. BUT they are double the price of the HC+800 and those benefits don't outweigh the additional cost for most. If you can put up with the dust then the HC+800 is hands down the best option available for an aggressively driven IS-F. We are down to our last eight sets from this first batch and we did promise that every set from this first batch would sell at a larger discount

-Matt M.
Old 08-17-16, 10:06 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Oh wow that's very good wear! The front pads come in at ~16mm total thickness brand new. The backplate is ~5mm thick so that would mean you still have ~45% life left in the pads assuming they are all wearing evenly. You should be able to stretch them for at least another 2 or 3 track events and a few thousand street miles with your current driving habits. The compound works so well that they should be just fine being run very thin, just keep an eye on them and make sure you don't send them to the backing plates during a track event!

-Matt M.
I've always been easy on the binders when driving on the street....I regularly encounter a lot of stop & go traffic in this area, too. I'll be stoked to get an entire season of (6+) HPDEs + daily driving out of one set of pads.

-Mike
Old 08-24-16, 10:10 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a shot of my front passenger side pad after last Saturday's track day at the Summit Point Shenandoah circuit.. It's not a super fast track (I was topping out at just over 100 mph twice per lap), but it is very technical, so the brakes were definitely getting a workout. That's six track days + near daily driving since mid-April!

-Mike

Old 08-25-16, 10:46 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

This is awesome! Definitely a couple more track days and some street miles left in them at your current wear rates They are still performing just as well as they get thinner, correct?

-Matt M.
Old 08-29-16, 09:18 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
This is awesome! Definitely a couple more track days and some street miles left in them at your current wear rates They are still performing just as well as they get thinner, correct?

-Matt M.
They still feel great to me... next track day is Sept. 9, so we'll see how they do there.. That track has a long, fast front straight followed by a relatively slow turn 1.
http://winhpde.com/track-guide/summit-point-main/

-Mike
Old 08-29-16, 04:26 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikersoft
They still feel great to me... next track day is Sept. 9, so we'll see how they do there.. That track has a long, fast front straight followed by a relatively slow turn 1.
http://winhpde.com/track-guide/summit-point-main/

-Mike
Oh yeah, it looks like that braking zone into T1 will definitely punish the brakes quite a bit! I will be curious to hear how it goes and what the wear rates are after this event. Keep us posted!

-Matt M.
Old 09-01-16, 03:09 PM
flawless
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you recommend a set of rotors which match the performance and price point of these pads? Both front and rear.
Old 09-08-16, 01:39 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Sorry in advance, non ISF question.

I love my Project Mu HC 800 pads on the ISF so much, I have to upgrade my 2009 Porsche cayenne GTS.
What would you recommend to get a similar characteristics like project mu pads.

thank you!!
Old 09-10-16, 05:09 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the latest on my front pads after yesterday's track day at Summit Point Main, WV. They worked fine all day in low-mid 90 temps.. That's now 7 track days since April.

I think I can get one more track day out of them..looks like 3mm or so left. I'm planning to go to Dominion Raceway next Friday, and I don't think that circuit is as hard on the brakes as Summit Point..

-Mike

Old 09-11-16, 05:44 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the latest on my front pads after yesterday's track day at Summit Point Main, WV. They worked fine all day in low-mid 90 temps.. That's now 7 track days since April.

I think I can get one more track day out of them..looks like 3mm or so left. I'm planning to go to Dominion Raceway next Friday, and I don't think that circuit is as hard on the brakes as Summit Point..

-Mike
I got a closer look today while bleeding brakes and there's close to 4mm of material left.. Based on how they've worn at my last two track days, I'm definitely going to keep them on for this Friday.. Of course, I'll take my new pads along just in case

-Mike

Old 09-12-16, 06:48 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I just experienced my first track day and these pads were awesome. Since this was my first track day I'm sure I didn't even come close to using them to their potential. I'm not sure if this is bad but I didn't bed them in prior to the track day so I guess I bedded them in at the track. They were quiet and I didn't notice anything unusual on the way to and from the track, which was about three hours each way.
Old 09-12-16, 12:34 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by flawless
Can you recommend a set of rotors which match the performance and price point of these pads? Both front and rear.
Sorry for the very delayed response! Unfortunately things get a little more expensive with rotors if you want something that can tolerate many deep heat cycles without damaging themselves so quickly. If you are using these aggressively and pushing them towards the upper end of their heat range then you'll want to move away from drilled rotors and to a slotted or blank. We have had great success with the slotted Project Mu Club Racer rotors as a high end single piece rotor- these work really well for primarily "spiritedly" street driven cars that see a couple track event a year. If you track your car often or are especially brutal on brakes then a 2-piece slotted or blank rotor with a good metallurgy is ideal however the cost of admission is usually quite a bit more when jumping up to a quality 2-piece rotor assembly. There are already a couple that exist but we may be looking into out own solution coming up here if we feel like we can provide something better than what is currently available.

Originally Posted by Rossi
Sorry in advance, non ISF question.

I love my Project Mu HC 800 pads on the ISF so much, I have to upgrade my 2009 Porsche cayenne GTS.
What would you recommend to get a similar characteristics like project mu pads.

thank you!!
I am glad to hear it I've started looking into it and we can definitely come up with something for you on the Cayenne. I'll shoot you an email or give you a call later today or tomorrow when I have something and we can discuss your options!

Originally Posted by jat0223
I just experienced my first track day and these pads were awesome. Since this was my first track day I'm sure I didn't even come close to using them to their potential. I'm not sure if this is bad but I didn't bed them in prior to the track day so I guess I bedded them in at the track. They were quiet and I didn't notice anything unusual on the way to and from the track, which was about three hours each way.
Awesome It probably worked out better that you bedded them in on a track, it makes it easier since these require so much heat to properly bed in. What did you think of think of the whole HPDE experience? Has the track day bug already bitten you?

-Matt M.
Old 09-12-16, 12:46 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

I got a closer look today while bleeding brakes and there's close to 4mm of material left.. Based on how they've worn at my last two track days, I'm definitely going to keep them on for this Friday.. Of course, I'll take my new pads along just in case

-Mike
Love it! This is another main difference between these and some of the other competitors available- lots of companies tout high heat tolerance but you know the truth when the pads start getting low and the performance either falls off a cliff or the second half of the pads just seem to evaporate. We have found success in running the HC+800 down to damn near the backing plate on our own vehicles and it makes me happy to see others are having the same great results! If Summit main only took off that much friction material then my best guess is that you'll make it through your next event on Friday without having to worry at all and at least part of the one after that depending on what track it's at. Good stuff!

-Matt M.

Quick Reply: New Product Speed Freaks USA: Project Mu HC+800 Introductory Special