CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

Gathering Interest Speed Freaks USA: OS Giken discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 10:17 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
To my understanding, when I began researching about OS Giken products two years ago, OS Giken USA will no longer sale the NEO (HD) units for vehicles using the differential in high performance applications. This is due to the lack of lock-up consistency/predicatability with the NEO clutch plates compared to the original super lock plates (HA) or the newer TCD plates (HC). If you view the OS Giken LSD application list, you'll see zero NEO (HD) models being offered: http://www.osgiken.net/products.php?product=lsd

Though there is no break-in period and no figure 8s necessary with the TCD, are you following OS Giken's recommendation to swap out the initial differential fluid after the first 500-1000 miles? I used Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube as the "break-in" gear oil for the first 500 miles and I noticed that the differential oil wasn't up to the task as there was minor chatter with the clutch plates. After I replaced the lesser quality Mobil 1 with the OS Giken 80w-250 gear oil, the TCD has been chatter free and performing flawlessly.
Yes Sir, I am waiting to hit 1000 miles and then am flushing with fresh OS-250R. The clutch plates are very sensitive to what fluid is used. For the initial miles I don't think it matters too much since it won't be in the car for too long but I know the diff will not operate exactly as intended without the use of OS Giken's own fluid being used.

-Matt M.
Old 09-29-15, 07:45 PM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

After reading through this thread, I now realize that is setup is exactly what I need for my '08!
Please oh Please tell me that there's enough interest in starting up another group buy?!
Old 09-30-15, 10:22 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tronim
After reading through this thread, I now realize that is setup is exactly what I need for my '08!
Please oh Please tell me that there's enough interest in starting up another group buy?!
There is definitely enough interest and we are currently in the process of setting up the second round We should be able to go live with it sometime in October or early November so check back for updates in the coming weeks!

-Matt M.
Old 10-22-15, 05:03 PM
AlexISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
There is definitely enough interest and we are currently in the process of setting up the second round We should be able to go live with it sometime in October or early November so check back for updates in the coming weeks!

-Matt M.
How is the group buy coming? I am interested in one as well.
Old 10-22-15, 08:27 PM
Mach Tuck
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subd what would it run this time around?
Old 10-23-15, 03:57 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach Tuck
Subd what would it run this time around?
Do you guys know how much does it cost if we are in group buy? I found this site to sell for $ 2,456 no tax and free shipping. What do you guys think ? Keep me updated !
http://www.moddiction.com/os-giken/o...i-1986151.aspx
Old 11-13-15, 02:29 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

We have one unit ready to ship as of today and several more secured for a second round. Please PM me if you are interested!

-Matt M.
Old 11-11-16, 08:56 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Mine has yet to be installed, but it's scheduled to in the shop fairly soon. The shop has one of my Supras, with another Supra to follow and, then, my IS-F. I saw where lobux posted that his had been installed, along with some nice FIGS pieces, so I think he'll be in here fairly soon (was on a long driving trip when he posted).

Ken.
Keep the comments coming!

I finally got my differential in my car and took it to one of my favorite local roads to gather some initial impressions. There is no official "break in" procedure but I wanted to do some figure 8s in a parking lot and then put some easier miles on it before really hammering it on a track or drift event but even driving at 60-70% I can feel a difference trailing the throttle into faster sweepers and powering out of low speed corners. This road has some very tight and technical corners, is very bumpy and often has gravel from crap falling down the side into the road. With the stock torsen I would get the inside tire to cut loose if I wasn't careful getting on the power through corners with big dips or bumps, now it it completely unaffected and will put the power down smoothly and evenly. I'm excited to put more miles on it and update my findings after truly testing it on the track next month

-Matt M.
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The whine went away with the OS Giken oil, and chatter I had previously experienced on full lock u-turns under power is also gone. I could not be happier with this unit!
Very late to the party, but got my OSG TCD Super Lock LSD installed yesterday and picked the car up from my shop today. I only have about 50 or so miles on this unit, but WOW! Just want to emphasize I wholeheartedly agree with all of the positive comments, particularly RedSpencer's, SpeedFreaks' and Lobux's. Coming home, and transitioning from one freeway to another, there is a 270-degree offramp (Caltrans says to take it at 20 mph) that I try to hit hard every time, traffic permitting. Well without really trying, I took that turn much faster than I ever have before, again, without really trying. As with my Supras, I used the OSG gear oil from the start. As a result, try as I might, there is absolutely no chattering, skipping or bumping and grinding from the LSD. If I didn't tell you, and you had not driven my car, you would not know the OSG had replaced the OEM TORSEN. The best mod yet on my car.

Ken.
The following users liked this post:
Polo2is350 (03-15-22)
Old 11-14-16, 02:49 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Better late than never! It's awesome to hear you're having the same positive impressions, Ken! I never thought the stock diff was "bad" but this is definitely one modification that you never really realize the full value of until you experience it- it completely transforms the car. Just puts the power down anywhere and it gives you more of an ability to throttle steer which is very enjoyable.

-Matt M.
Old 01-30-23, 07:02 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Better late than never! It's awesome to hear you're having the same positive impressions, Ken! I never thought the stock diff was "bad" but this is definitely one modification that you never really realize the full value of until you experience it- it completely transforms the car. Just puts the power down anywhere and it gives you more of an ability to throttle steer which is very enjoyable.

-Matt M.

Care to share input on wet roads and VDM interaction? 350 has IS-F EPS ECU. Anyone driven in the snow with OSG Superlock 1.5?

As soon as the garage hits 50f it's going in! It's 25 outside now. That's a no go! lol