CL Vendor Products for 4RX New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 4RX model from CL Vendors

New CL Vendor Stealth Hitches Customer Reviews!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-19, 12:10 PM
StealthHitches
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth Hitches Customer Reviews!

Greetings!
We are are going to start posting Lexus customer reviews for our hitch with photos and insights to our products! We hope you all find this to be a helpful resource. Feel free to respond to this thread or PM us with any questions you may have as we would love to assist you. You may also contact us via live chat on our website https://stealthhitches.com/ , calling us toll-free at 833 MYHITCH (694-482) or emailing us at info@stealthhitches.com These reviews can be found on our website as well!
Enjoy!
Stealth Hitches!
Old 01-03-19, 12:13 PM
StealthHitches
Former Sponsor

Default RX350 Review from Tom E.

A QUICK REVIEW - it absolutely rates 5 stars

Steve, I have used the Stealth Hitch thus far for the bike rack feature. It works great. In fact - on a follow-up response to Nalley Lexus of Roswell - on how much I have enjoyed our new RX-350 I was sure to mention - and highly recommended - your Stealth Hitch including the ease of use and commented on the excellence of installation. (I was impressed with the installation when you showed me the underside of the car when I asked to see the install when on the lift.) I will likely not use the trailer hitch until early spring, but if I have need prior to then, I will be sure to let you know. In my response to them I also gave them your location in Sugar Hill.
Tom Eaton

Thank you Tom for your review! We wish you much enjoyment with your biking and towing adventures!
Old 01-03-19, 12:39 PM
StealthHitches
Former Sponsor

Default RX350 Review from Jay F.

Best Accessory on My RX 350
An extremely well engineered hitch. No rattle, no shake, and the best part - my wife was extremely pleased that it was INVISABLE when not in use. A home run all the way around.

Thank you Jay for your review, our hitch is truly made to be hidden!

This picture shows Jay's RX350 with the Stealth Hitch installed with no attachments.

Old 01-08-19, 10:26 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Has anyone installed this on a 450h? It has different lower valance area.

Also, has anyone photographed the factory Lexus hitch assembly (uninstalled) next to this assembly? Thanks
Old 01-10-19, 02:24 PM
StealthHitches
Former Sponsor

We currently do not have the 450h on our fitment list. If we do not get a customer vehicle by March 1, 2019 we will get one from the dealership. Thank you for your inquiry!
Old 05-19-19, 02:32 PM
isaacsow
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed the Stealth Hitch this weekend on my 2018 F Sport. I needed some clarification from Stealth Hitches during my installation, but once my questions were answered, the install was pretty straight forward. I had to bend the heat shield behind the muffler to attach the hitch to the frame. I also trimmed about about a 2" x 2" corner of the heat shield to make additional clearance for the mounting bracket on the driver's side. I was a bit nervous bending and cutting anything on a brand new Lexus, but it was just a heat shield so I got over that pretty quick. My vehicle had the Tow Prep Package, so I just had to connect the harness that came with the kit to my vehicle and cable tie the wires to the hitch frame. I'm so happy that it is essentially invisible when it's not in use. Also, when you connect the tow bar to the receiver, it is tight...no slop like a normal receiver. It always drove me nuts, on my previous tow vehicles,

hearing the banging of the slop between the tow bar and the receiver hitch when my snowmobile trailer was empty. This hitch eliminates that.
Old 04-16-21, 05:43 AM
JShort01
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will there ever be a Stealth Hitch option for RX-450h owners?

Originally Posted by StealthHitches
We currently do not have the 450h on our fitment list. If we do not get a customer vehicle by March 1, 2019 we will get one from the dealership. Thank you for your inquiry!
I'm looking at hitch options for our 2021 RX-450h and Stealth Hitches site continues to show a kit for the RX-350, but not for the RX-450h. Does anyone know if this will this ever be offered, or are there showstopper challenges for the RX Hybrid models?

I mounted a CURT 2" receiver on our previous RX, a 2010 RX-350, and CURT's site shows availability for a 2020 RX-450h hitch (p/n 13282), but I'd really prefer to pay the extra (~$600!) for a Stealth hitch if it will be available any time soon.

Thanks, Jim
Old 04-17-24, 07:17 AM
JShort01
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 years later... For the 2021 RX-450h we went with a CURT hitch that is not hidden, but I'm updating this post for anyone stumbling onto it with a 4th Gen RX that searching for "hidden hitch" (from Draw-Tite) does provide a solution for most, but not all, RX models.

We just got a 2024 RX-450H+ PHEV and I sure wish there was a hidden solution for this vehicle, but so far I've not found one. Hmmm... maybe someone will in 3 years .

-----------------------------------
after 30+ posts my signature will show...

2024 RX-450H+ PHEV (Cloudburst Grey, Macadamia interior)
2021 RX-450H (White, Birch interior)
2021 Audi RS5 Coupe (White, Black interior)
2010 RX-350 - gone
2007 GS-450h - gone