CL Vendor Products for 4LS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 4LS models from CL Vendors

Sale 4LS Exhaust Vents!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-18, 02:42 PM
DanIrl
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey do you have any of these in stock, i pick up a new to me 07 LS this weekend and would like a double set. Can you ship to Ireland?

Thanks!
Dan
Old 05-31-18, 02:29 PM
krypto89
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

had the single stack installed for about a week so i can give a decent review. installation was easy, and by easy i mean that i paid $50 to have them installed at a muffler shop that is right next door to my daughter's karate classes. after installation, side effects include:

- starting the car before your passengers close their doors
- lowering the volume on your audio system during certain points of your drive
- slower accelerations from stop so you can hear the gurgling sound
- taking side streets towards your destination instead of taking the bee line route on the highway
- allowing someone else to get in the drivers side and drive the car around while you watch from the outside

if you are wanting the vents to make your LS460 sound like a mustang GT, you will be disappointed. but if you are looking for something that reminds you (and those who care) that you have a lexus V8, then this would be it.

the sound is not loud and not quiet at the same time. it will give your car a lower tone throughout all stages of the drive. some people will notice (my wife didn't notice, but my kids noticed the lower tone). as others have stated, you will not notice anything in cruise levels at higher speeds. only when you have to punch it is when you will hear it. from the interior, you will not hear any negative affects such as droning. all you will hear is the faint gurgle sound and the lower tone. i also do not think it affects gas mileage. my favorite part is the start up and the acceleration from stop.

overall, i am pleased with the vents. the amount you pay is nominal for what you will get in return. i don't regret getting the single stack instead of the double stack. however, if you have the extra cash and time, it might be wise to order a double stack and go down to a single stack if it is too much.

and lastly, as i was typing this, it started to sound more like a paid advertisement than a review. just wanted to let you know i paid full price for my single stack and cost for installation for a total price of $185. thank you jason for a great product!

Last edited by krypto89; 05-31-18 at 03:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by krypto89:
DanIrl (05-31-18), Santa01 (09-21-20)
Old 05-31-18, 02:58 PM
DanIrl
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just thought i would chime in here too. I got mine this morning, delivered from US to Ireland in 6 days which in my experience is pretty quick! I went for the double stack, just for the flexibilty of switching between the two if i want to change the sound.

I literally had them delivered to my desk at about 11am, had some spare time over lunch and fitted them in less than an hour with access to a car lift. Perfect fitment easy to fit yourself. the new bolts are useful incase you happen to use the wrong sized socket and round one of your bolts!

For me i found i needed to remove the propshaft heatshield( EU only maybe?) to gain access to the top bolts properly, im sure if you had a low profile rachet spanner you might be ok.

At first i thought they made no difference to the exhaust noise, its hard to gauge just by revving the car while staionery, you notice it as mentioned when pulling away from lights, slowing down in traffic, and when flooring it from low speed, low rpm, i would say you dont hear much over say 4k rpm when on full throttle and no drone or annoyance while cruising. Its a great first exhaust mod if your considering freeing up some of that v8 roar.

Think im the first one in Europe to order a set ?

First start:

The following users liked this post:
jdanielca (07-11-18)
Old 06-01-18, 07:56 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks guys, for the feedback.

And yes, 6 days to Ireland is QUICK!
Old 06-04-18, 12:01 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Order incoming Oliver, just let me know where to send the PayPal
Old 06-04-18, 01:00 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Kyle, order outgoing! Coming your way! To Texas, I'm guessing it will be there no later than Thursday, since it's the end of the day for me here.
Old 06-08-18, 11:23 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I got mine on, and love them, I did the double stack. I wanted more than a little, still very subtle, not 68 Camaro loud, but enough for people to know its a V8 under the hood. Thanks again Jason, great product!!
Old 06-08-18, 01:01 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Yahoooooo! Glad you like them as much as I do.
Santa01 (09-21-20)
Old 06-10-18, 03:18 PM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Oliver, ia there a different in the sound between the Standard and the Stealth version? Thanks!
Old 06-11-18, 05:30 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

No, there is no sound difference between the Standard and Stealth.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-18, 12:21 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Got em on after some work with a round file and some banging and cursing :P

VERY subtle change in the exhaust note, perfect for a big luxobarge like this. Didn't need it to sound like a cammed out straight pipe 302, but definitely wanted something more. These did it.

Thanks
Santa01 (09-21-20)
Old 06-11-18, 01:35 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Kyle - I would like to understand what you needed the round file for. I think the Exhaust Vents fit correctly. But was there something else that needed filing and banging on?

Or was it trouble getting the pipes apart? I tried to explain it as best I could. But there is going to be variation from exhaust to exhaust ... especially after years of use. I'm glad you like the sound! Thanks for the feedback.

Jason
Santa01 (09-21-20)
Old 06-14-18, 12:16 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

The file was needed for the bolt holes on one of the sets.

No matter what I tried I couldn't get both bolts to bite threads together. I could get one or the other, but the bolt holes in the vents were throwing off the angle of the bolt just enough so it couldn't begin to thread. Pulled them out, slapped them in my bench vice, and wallowed out the hole on one side a bit and it went together no problem.
Old 06-14-18, 12:35 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Awesome feedback! Thanks. I can make an adjustment to eliminate this problem. If I only had the TRUE dimensional spacing of the exhaust flange holes (from Toyota), this would not be an issue. Sorry you had trouble.
Santa01 (09-21-20)
Old 07-03-18, 01:58 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Been over a year and still love mine. I have single setup

Quick Reply: Sale 4LS Exhaust Vents!