CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-17, 12:09 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Thats amazing news about the supercharger, I'm guessing there will be a GS350 kit? Any ballpark pricerange? Hopefully cheaper than the RC-F one?
No chance, it will be priced same and a lot of people will probably pass on it!
Old 07-28-17, 01:27 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
Just wanted to share a video of "someone" with an RC300 AWD and the RR Tune. Hope this gives a good indication of what the tune can do for those with 300 models and the car set in auto mode. I will try to get a clip of the car in manual mode but that is reason why this clip shows the car not shifting at 7200 rpm.
https://youtu.be/nSsAoCNiOys

The actual shift points sometimes need to be tweaked, so in this case, whoever this someone is simply needs to email us and let us know what the actual shift points are, and we can easily send a revision to address that.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-28-17, 01:29 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Thats amazing news about the supercharger, I'm guessing there will be a GS350 kit? Any ballpark pricerange? Hopefully cheaper than the RC-F one?
Yes, the 350 kit will cost much less, not even close in pricing compared to the RCF kit.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
2ltrgsr (07-28-17), ArmaEdd (07-31-17)
Old 08-04-17, 07:44 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone clear up the shifting?
Will it shift itself at the higher redline or will it bounce off the limiter in manual mode?
In D it'll shift at the normal shift points?
Old 08-05-17, 08:07 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
Can someone clear up the shifting?
Will it shift itself at the higher redline or will it bounce off the limiter in manual mode?
In D it'll shift at the normal shift points?
In D the car shifts fine.. When I'm in M Mode I have full control over the shifts. I took the car to the redline a couple times (7200 rpm) and it didnt shift. It bounced off it, Mind you I was already at 180kms (112mph) in 3rd gear..
Old 08-06-17, 07:35 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by rL-gT
In D the car shifts fine.. When I'm in M Mode I have full control over the shifts. I took the car to the redline a couple times (7200 rpm) and it didnt shift. It bounced off it, Mind you I was already at 180kms (112mph) in 3rd gear..
I can't wait.... I hope it's sooner than later
Old 08-09-17, 03:07 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Update 7/22:

Getting emails on the SC kit and if its ever coming out.... and the answer is DEFINITELY YES. Some delays on our part due to the release of our RCF kit earlier this year, but just want everyone to know that our Supercharged 2014 IS350 Fsport is up and running well. We are completing our road and dyno testing soon, and then ramping up to really abusing the car at the track. We will post more info in August, once we can define an official release date.

thanks,

Rafi
I really can't wait

Update us with some pictures

I want to see how it looks
Old 08-22-17, 12:11 AM
zwkchong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just about to jump the gun on this for my IS300 but a little hesitant as my car is still under warranty. Is the ECU tune easily detectable (ie does it show on a log somewhere)? Or is it only if an in-depth analysis is done and they notice something different like the RPM restriction removal?
Old 08-23-17, 02:42 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,489 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Originally Posted by zwkchong
Just about to jump the gun on this for my IS300 but a little hesitant as my car is still under warranty. Is the ECU tune easily detectable (ie does it show on a log somewhere)? Or is it only if an in-depth analysis is done and they notice something different like the RPM restriction removal?
I'm pretty sure I've read around on the forums that it's easy to detect if the ECU has been tampered with. This is going to become an issue only if something relating to the ECU tune breaks, so if you have any issues with the engine itself... you may be in trouble.
Old 08-26-17, 08:23 AM
NoneSoVile
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any chance this (sc kit especially) be available for the 2is350?
Old 08-28-17, 06:16 AM
scubastevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a 2017 is300 with the RR Racing tune? I was very close to leasing one over the weekend but wasn't thrilled with the lack of top end power that Lexus choked off for this model.
Old 08-28-17, 06:22 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scubastevo
Does anyone have a 2017 is300 with the RR Racing tune? I was very close to leasing one over the weekend but wasn't thrilled with the lack of top end power that Lexus choked off for this model.
The only way I know of is to send ecu out or go to rr racing and the can tune on dyno the hand held dimsport will not link up to 17
Old 08-28-17, 06:30 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You are asking the wrong question. The 2017 is300 has the same engine as the 2016.
Just ask if anyone with the is300 or rc300 has the tune

And yes. Many people do. They've came back and said the car pulls and drives faster than the is350 now.

Good luck with your new car purchase
Old 08-29-17, 03:53 AM
scubastevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by and3re
You are asking the wrong question. The 2017 is300 has the same engine as the 2016.
Just ask if anyone with the is300 or rc300 has the tune

And yes. Many people do. They've came back and said the car pulls and drives faster than the is350 now.

Good luck with your new car purchase
I'm fairly certain I'm not asking the wrong question. I'm not concerned about the engine, I'm concerned about the ECU being compatible with RR's handheld. Many have stated they needed to send their ECU to RR which I cannot do since I commute to work daily. I could drive there since I'm in North NJ, but was hoping to avoid that since I would buy the tune first, then potentially a catback, and then a header in the future. I want to avoid multiple trips to RR's location so I was interested in whether anyone here had successfully used the handheld tuner for a 2017 ECU.
Old 08-29-17, 03:56 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

I'm fairly certain I'm not asking the wrong question. I'm not concerned about the engine, I'm concerned about the ECU being compatible with RR's handheld. Many have stated they needed to send their ECU to RR which I cannot do since I commute to work daily. I could drive there since I'm in North NJ, but was hoping to avoid that since I would buy the tune first, then potentially a catback, and then a header in the future. I want to avoid multiple trips to RR's location so I was interested in whether anyone here had successfully used the handheld tuner for a 2017 ECU.
The Hand Held DimsSport will not work with the 17 I have one collecting dust in my drawer...

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development