CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-17, 03:22 PM
l33ks
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's been mostly rainy here so I haven't driven a lot with the tune. But the few times I have..I can definitely feel the car pull harder. When I floor it, the car climbs the rpm's really smoothly and keeps pushing all the way to 7200 now. Sounds soo good when the exhaust sings past 7k rpm and bounces off the rev limiter 1-2 times before shifting. This one particular street I smash down on my home .. there's a straight part where I go full throttle almost everytime and I get up about 80 before I have to slow down to turn and now with the tune I reach 80 by at least half a second faster now!
Old 11-29-17, 06:43 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Kendyli
It's been mostly rainy here so I haven't driven a lot with the tune. But the few times I have..I can definitely feel the car pull harder. When I floor it, the car climbs the rpm's really smoothly and keeps pushing all the way to 7200 now. Sounds soo good when the exhaust sings past 7k rpm and bounces off the rev limiter 1-2 times before shifting. This one particular street I smash down on my home .. there's a straight part where I go full throttle almost everytime and I get up about 80 before I have to slow down to turn and now with the tune I reach 80 by at least half a second faster now!
I can't wait!! But I'm going to. I'm currently on winter tires I want to hold off on the added acceleration until the new wheels/tires package goes on in the spring. I'll continue to itch and watch your excitement until then.
Old 11-29-17, 06:51 AM
Mackair83
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We can make the rev limiter whatever you prefer.

Regarding the shift point... there are 2 ways to do it. If you want to hit a rev limiter in manual mode then we can tune it that way, but in auto mode the tranny will not shift at redline. This is no big deal if you do all your hard driving in manual mode. Second way to to is to have it shift at the revised rev limiter automatically without hitting a hard rev limiter in bot auto and manual mode.

Rafi
Purchased, can't wait to have this install.
Old 11-29-17, 01:40 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Kendyli
Just got my tune and I agree, pulls much better now. I have awd so it gets off the line pretty quick...
Old 12-02-17, 05:13 AM
Tim151
Pit Crew

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

Been driving around with the tune for a little over a week now car sure does pull a lot smoother and it just feels so good going to that 7200rpm redline, now just patiently waiting for the Ppe headers to come in so she can really sing.
Old 12-13-17, 02:58 PM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by schur
All I want for Christmas is a OBD '17 ECU tune ;-)
Can't wait for Santa, so instead I bought the bench tune and will pull my ECU and send it on its way! Can't wait for the easy HP in my 2017 IS 300. This $$$/HP is a no brainer for me.
Old 12-15-17, 01:25 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Has RR considered the is/rc200t platform?
Old 12-15-17, 07:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Has RR considered the is/rc200t platform?
Already reached out to them. They did on the NX200t, but they are concentrating on the SC kits right now.
Old 01-03-18, 07:19 AM
solomaniac
Rookie

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Right now tuning the tranny computer requires bench flashing the ECU, and since is350 folks aren't so keen about sending in ECU's, until we can flash the TCU via OBD, we are focusing on other things like the supercharger tuning and making more power with that.

Rafi
What if youre already tuned and currently suffer from the torque limiter slip....Would the ECU need to be removed all over again and sent to adjust tranny ECU or already having been tuned is there some other way??
Attached Thumbnails RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development-screen-shot-2018-01-03-at-6.55.31-am.png   RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development-screen-shot-2018-01-03-at-6.57.05-am.png  
Old 01-03-18, 07:39 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I must say, Rafi, Adam and the rest of the RR-Racing team sure created one good looking intake. And tune solution for our Lexus’s, car pulls so smooth and i dont even have my Headers installed yet.

Old 01-04-18, 12:43 PM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by schur
Can't wait for Santa, so instead I bought the bench tune and will pull my ECU and send it on its way! Can't wait for the easy HP in my 2017 IS 300. This $$$/HP is a no brainer for me.
After not wanting to wait anymore for a handheld tune, and assurances from Rafi, Simon and crew that they'll do right by me if thy ever crack it in the '17+, I yanked my ECU and sent it in for a bench tune.

They turned it around the same day they got it - amazing.

I am so glad I put it in. it literally took 5 mins to pull the ECU and the same to pop it back in.

My IS 300 is transformed. Not only is it wildly better above 4200 now (and doesn't die off), which I expected, but it also seems to pull a bit harder climbing to that. The 7200 RPM redline is beauty to my ears. I am enjoying the increased power and I have not even gotten many miles towards redoing the "learning correction factor". This is a fun sedan to drive as a daily driver. I say skip the 350, get a 300, use the price difference on the RR tune and headers/exhaust to a much better effect.
The following users liked this post:
drutyper (06-24-19)
Old 01-15-18, 02:02 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Any update about the Stage II ?
Old 01-17-18, 02:56 AM
solomaniac
Rookie

Originally Posted by solomaniac
What if youre already tuned and currently suffer from the torque limiter slip....Would the ECU need to be removed all over again and sent to adjust tranny ECU or already having been tuned is there some other way??
Somebody...Anybody!! Is this even torque limiter slip...
Old 01-17-18, 10:37 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by solomaniac
In their last reply they say you need to send the ECU, it seems that tuning the TCU will take long time. Anyway from the dyno trend the car is still producing power until approximately 6900-7000 RPM, you should shift there.
Old 01-19-18, 11:19 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Quick question. Whats the difference between the OBD tune and ECU tune? The gains look the same?

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development