CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 08:26 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We would like to clear some misinformation we have been seeing on the internet after our announcement of OBD tuning yesterday. We feel our customers and future customers need to be well informed

First of all we have stated from the beginning when we entered this platform that we would be tuning through the OBD and moving to 100% OBD tuning without the removal of the ECU. Yesterday we were the first to announce that we would be offering our tool with a stock and tuned file package. We were the only ones offering this on the market. Shortly after we announced this we see that another company is claiming to offer the same exact thing. We find this very interesting because no other company stated they would be offering this for the Lexus platform or working on such as process but immediately after we announced now its available

We then see misinformation online and scare tactics to refrain users from going this OBD route stating there are many reported cases of issues. This is false, Frank Smith is a professional tuner and has been tuning via the OBD for many year on many vehicles successfully. User error can happen if instructions are not followed. That goes with everything. We provide instructions and live phone support. If you provide the end user with everything they need and they follow instructions there is no issues what so ever.

Also we see that bench ECU flashing is being stressed as the best and safest way to tune. This again is false. OBD tuning is 100% safe. It is 2016 now and in this day and age our customers prefer to have ease of access. They cannot afford to not be able to drive their cars with the ECU out. That is why we are moving to 100% Custom remote tuning and we encourage that.

So if anyone is worried about bricking there ECU they should not, if you are cable of removing your ECU from your car then you are more than cable to flash it using our tool. We really wanted to clear that up and anything that was posted trying to keep users from remote tuning.

Now we also have seen our name being referenced on the internet and claims that a company knows what tool we use and where we get it from and what it can do
We have not disclosed what tool we use or where we source it from. So again this is false. No company is using the same tool as us currently.

Another thing we read which was detouring people from going the OBD route is that it is not easy to switch between tunes. This may be the case with the others use but with the TTFS tool you can switch between tunes in a matter of minutes.

Again we have invested heavily into our facility, dyno, tools, R&D. We own and have everything at our disposal. We do not rent a dyno or contract our tuning out to others. Frank Smith is a professional tuner and with TTFS you get the complete package which includes the support, insurance, guarantee, and decades of experience. We are not learning how to tune like others we have mastered it.

We are not followers, we are innovators. We bring new advancements and features to the market first and others follow us. Another example, we noticed that it was mentioned online you couldn't raise the rev limit on these vehicles but after we successfully performed this then it was offered by others

So we would like it to be clear if you see anything posted about us online unless we stated it ourselves others may be posting false information. Also we came into this platform with high hopes and willingness to share everything but we may have to keep our R&D secret as we noticed we are being copied and followed with everything we do.

We have a dyno day/open house coming up at our shop April 9th, we also have a roll race event on July 8th and 9th at Pocono Raceway. We would really like for everyone to come meet us and see that we are the real deal and would like to take tuning to the next level for this platform
Old 02-16-16, 08:39 AM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested, I'll just have to wait til you develop the flash where you wouldn't need me to send my ECU. I need my car running everyday.
Old 02-16-16, 08:55 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
I'm very interested, I'll just have to wait til you develop the flash where you wouldn't need me to send my ECU. I need my car running everyday.
It will be soon and it will be a true custom tune.

Last edited by TTFS; 02-16-16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 06:49 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

I like how you guys are front and center with this tuning software which gives me faith with you guys. I can understand how IS owners like me can be suspicious on such "tuning" with our ECU as it hasn't been cracked ever since the 2nd generation IS came out. I'm one of the guys in the IS community that is rooting for you guys to succeed because thee hasn't been something like this for our 2IS/3IS. Don't let us down
Old 02-16-16, 07:01 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
I like how you guys are front and center with this tuning software which gives me faith with you guys. I can understand how IS owners like me can be suspicious on such "tuning" with our ECU as it hasn't been cracked ever since the 2nd generation IS came out. I'm one of the guys in the IS community that is rooting for you guys to succeed because thee hasn't been something like this for our 2IS/3IS. Don't let us down
Thank you, this is what we are looking for. We tune many platforms from vehicles that are over 100k to your average daily drivers but we treat all of the with the same attention, respect, and detail. As long as we feel we are making a difference then we are here to stay.
Old 02-19-16, 07:19 AM
3ivato
Rookie

Do You Guys Have an Instagram Account? ??Luv to See Pogress -Pics -Etc .Very Interested in this 4 my 3 Gen Is 350 :
Old 02-19-16, 08:59 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFS
It will be soon and it will be a true custom tune.

Second we have read a lot about data logging. Let us make this clear there is absolutely no reason why you would need to data log a stock car on a stock tune, none what so ever. We already know what the stock tune on the stock ECU does. The ONLY reason why anyone would data log a stock car on a stock tune is if they were trying to figure/find out the maps. Without much information out there we feel like the community may be just blindly following what they are hearing and seeing. Again, do your research on tuning in general and how the process works.

Hello,
I am very excited to have you guys on the scene. I hope you will take this question as one of curiosity as opposed to confrontation please.

How would you go about making me a custom tune if you do not have any data logs from my car? What I am saying is, how would you know how much knock retard I am seeing due to my regional fuel quality or how certain modifications I have done to my car has affected fuel trims, etc so you could create the custom tune for my car and conditions?

My second question is if you would be willing to custom tune for supercharged applications?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-19-16, 09:17 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 3ivato
Do You Guys Have an Instagram Account? ??Luv to See Pogress -Pics -Etc .Very Interested in this 4 my 3 Gen Is 350 :
Yes we do it is @tuningtechfs The link is also in our signiture

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Hello,
I am very excited to have you guys on the scene. I hope you will take this question as one of curiosity as opposed to confrontation please.

How would you go about making me a custom tune if you do not have any data logs from my car? What I am saying is, how would you know how much knock retard I am seeing due to my regional fuel quality or how certain modifications I have done to my car has affected fuel trims, etc so you could create the custom tune for my car and conditions?

My second question is if you would be willing to custom tune for supercharged applications?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

Thanks. We could either custom tune you live in house on our dyno or if you are going the remote route, we would send you a base file and then you would data log and provide that to us. Then we would build you a custom tune off the data logs and email you the file. You would then load the file via the tool that is included in our tuning package. Hope this makes sense.

We are not tuning FI Lexus at the moment but it is possible in the late future. We have a long way to go. We want to make these tunes perfect including the transmission. Also we need to get to 100% OBD tuning which we are almost at. We just need to have some more ECU's sent to us.
Old 02-19-16, 09:27 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For anyone who may be worried about tuning through the OBD port with a tuner.
I've done it 30+ times between my Subaru and 500 Turbo. Many other platforms tune the same way and its very hard to get it wrong.
This shouldn't be a major concern for you.
Old 02-19-16, 11:25 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes we do it is @tuningtechfs The link is also in our signiture

Mike,

Thanks. We could either custom tune you live in house on our dyno or if you are going the remote route, we would send you a base file and then you would data log and provide that to us. Then we would build you a custom tune off the data logs and email you the file. You would then load the file via the tool that is included in our tuning package. Hope this makes sense.

We are not tuning FI Lexus at the moment but it is possible in the late future. We have a long way to go. We want to make these tunes perfect including the transmission. Also we need to get to 100% OBD tuning which we are almost at. We just need to have some more ECU's sent to us.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. That sounds great! I wish you guys a lot of success. I hope there is a lot of interest in FI tuning as this is where the big power is going to be.

I second the sentiment above about flashing through the OBD. I've been flashing calibrations on Hondata/Flashpro for awhile now and no issues at all if done with a stable battery power and following the correct protocols.

Mike
Old 02-19-16, 11:40 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
For anyone who may be worried about tuning through the OBD port with a tuner.
I've done it 30+ times between my Subaru and 500 Turbo. Many other platforms tune the same way and its very hard to get it wrong.
This shouldn't be a major concern for you.
Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Thank you for taking the time to respond. That sounds great! I wish you guys a lot of success. I hope there is a lot of interest in FI tuning as this is where the big power is going to be.

I second the sentiment above about flashing through the OBD. I've been flashing calibrations on Hondata/Flashpro for awhile now and no issues at all if done with a stable battery power and following the correct protocols.

Mike
Thank you guys. Yes a stable battery power source is key. We will offer instructions or possibly have you speak with Kyle over the phone to walk you through the process if timing works.
Old 02-23-16, 12:26 AM
sheltop225
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE

Sorry for the lack of updates but we have been hard at work! We need the help from the Lexus community so we can get remote tuning via the OBD to you guys as soon as possible. What we need is 10 Lexus owners (We prefer owners of all different models: ISF 2IS, 3IS, RCF, ect) to purchase our tune with tool combo so we can build our file library. Once our file library is built we will no longer need to have ECU's sent to us and all tuning can be done via OBD and our tool.

The first 10 customers who purchase our tune/tool combo will get the package for a intro price of $795. This includes our tool which is $350 value basically for free. You will have to send us your ECU and we will send you your ECU back with our tool and stock and tuned files. With the tool you can switch between stock and tuned files if you need to go to the dealer ect. You can flash to your ECU as many times as you like. If we come out with any revisions we can email those files to you at NO CHARGE and you can load them to your ECU using your tool. You can have multiple tunes and switch to them as you wish with our tool. Once you have sent us your ECU you will never need to remove it again. All future flashing will be done via the OBD using our tool.

By the first 10 customers purchasing this tune/tool combo they will be helping us and the lexus community by allowing us to build our file library so we no longer will need ECU's sent to us and everything will be 100% OBD custom tunes moving forward!

You should be able to purchase the tune/tool combo directly from our website. Please PM or email us with any questions.

Thank you!
Did you get the first 10 signed up?
Old 02-23-16, 08:39 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sheltop225
Did you get the first 10 signed up?
The intro price is still available. As long as you see the price on our website, we will honor it.

Responded to your PM's as well
Old 02-24-16, 06:32 PM
16IS300
Driver School Candidate

Good deal for OBD option!
Old 02-25-16, 09:10 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 16IS300
Good deal for OBD option!
Yes we agree, right now we are giving our handheld tool away but this is only a temporary deal.

Quick Reply: New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!