CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

Gathering Interest Gauging Interest: 3IS conversion bumper for the 2IS?

Old 04-29-16, 02:02 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gauging Interest: 3IS conversion bumper for the 2IS?

Hello All,

I'm Irving and I represent American Plastic Technologies here on ClubLexus. We've had great success bringing urethane parts to the SC market ( you can see our group buy threads in our signature), and are no looking to bring the high quality, fit, and durability that urethane offers to the IS community.

Why Polyurethane?

Polyurethane allows production of durable components unlike fiberglass (FRP) that can easily break upon impact. Polyurethane is highly flexible and therefore more resistant to damage. Not only is polyurethane less prone to damage, Polyurethane is much less likely to exhibit issues typically associated with FRP, such as pinholes and other imperfections which increase the prep time (and cost) prior to paint and installation.

Why APT?

Every part we make is manufactured with the highest quality at our facility in Brea, California. Because we manufacture in the United States, we are able to take quality control to the highest level. Every part is individually inspected three times before leaving our facility! This leads us to our Limited Lifetime Warranty. If your part breaks or does not fit properly, due to manufacture defect, we will replace the part free of charge, or issue you a FULL refund. No re-stocking fees, no return shipping fees to worry about. We want our customers to know we are an American made company that will stand behind each product we build.

That being said, who would be interested in something like this? Pricing when this makes it to a group buy will be right about the 800 mark shipped within the cont. US without the factory grilles, or around the 1400 mark with the upper/lower grilles/molding.
1) LiquidSF
2) MAizz
3) Silver09IS
4) kenljones
5) kikaida
6) Swangsteig

Last edited by APTech; 05-16-16 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-29-16, 02:29 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

Not saying I would buy one for sure, but I would be interested I think. Would this be F-Sport style or non-F-Sport?

Jeff
Old 04-29-16, 02:32 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Hi Jeff,

This would be for the F-sport style.
Old 04-29-16, 04:58 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Same as above, interested for sure
Old 04-29-16, 05:35 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Oh wow , lifetime warranty. Thats awesome. I dont think you would have any issue getting your money back if you made it! Ide be in when I get to that stage, depending on style of course. Lol. The NIA design bumper looks fantastic.
Old 04-29-16, 05:45 PM
Silver09IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested in this actually how much do you think a body shop would charge me to install?
Old 04-30-16, 09:52 PM
LEX6IX
Rookie

I'm definitely interested.
Old 04-30-16, 11:19 PM
LiquidSF
Rookie

Interested. Any way you can make it so we can reuse the oem clips/fog inserts? I'll pay extra lol
Old 05-02-16, 08:06 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Silver09IS
I'm very interested in this actually how much do you think a body shop would charge me to install?
Hi Silver, the hourly rates vary from state to state, however our products bolt on using the factory hardware and factory mounting points, so install should be a breeze.
Old 05-02-16, 12:23 PM
chriso5573
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Will these bumpers be compatible with foglights? Also what will the fitment look like by the top of the grill where the hood ends? Here are some pictures. The white 3IS bumper has the fog lights from a 4GS I believe but the fitment... The green 2IS has a relatively perfect fitment. Please let me know. I'm sure others are curious about this. Look forward to details!
Attached Thumbnails Gauging Interest: 3IS conversion bumper for the 2IS?-3395.jpg-original.jpeg   Gauging Interest: 3IS conversion bumper for the 2IS?-20150907_154531_02_a3041107b10de64e4655c8fc35ac4dfba6047018.jpeg  
Old 05-04-16, 12:32 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Depending on how hard the install would be and how much, I AM INTERESTED Will it come pre-painted to match car color?
Old 05-05-16, 10:49 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would definitely be interested in this! Ive seen NIA conversions and think they look great. I wouldnt mind doing a group buy either , just gotta save up for a little bit lol. I also just so happen to have a buddy that does Auto Body so install should definitely be a breeze!
Old 05-05-16, 10:52 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gauging Interest: 3IS conversion bumper for the 2IS?

You know what? I think another good project for you guys would be to creat a 4GS conversion bumper for our 2IS. I think thats probably the nicest bumper Ive seen on our cars but I dont think anyone sells a kit for it yet. From what Ive been told, all 4gs conversions are custom made so far. If you guys did do that, I would buy the 4GS conversion kit over the 3IS kit in a Heartbeat!!
Old 05-05-16, 11:44 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tro209
You know what? I think another good project for you guys would be to creat a 4GS conversion bumper for our 2IS. I think thats probably the nicest bumper Ive seen on our cars but I dont think anyone sells a kit for it yet. From what Ive been told, all 4gs conversions are custom made so far. If you guys did do that, I would buy the 4GS conversion kit over the 3IS kit in a Heartbeat!!
interesting, this is something I myself thought about as well.
Old 05-05-16, 02:04 PM
tetsussaig
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tro209
Agreed! Have been waiting myself for a 4GS kit as well. 10/10 would buy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gathering Interest Gauging Interest: 3IS conversion bumper for the 2IS?