CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Dealer forged my signature and created different contract

Old 09-16-18, 06:11 PM
hyunwoo198
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
Tell your bank what happened and let them get rid of that loan account.
Call one of your local TV station consumer affair reporter, or newpaper.
Give the dealer one star feedback because there no minus one star.
Ive neen telling bank that they forged and would like to cancel, but all they say is request needs to be from dealer..
I dont know why...Imma call them tomorrow again.
Old 09-16-18, 06:59 PM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hyunwoo198

Ive neen telling bank that they forged and would like to cancel, but all they say is request needs to be from dealer..
hey bro. Let the lawyer deal with it. They been doing something shady. Is your vehicle demon? Can you tell me which one car im looking it up right now
Old 09-16-18, 10:42 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

this would be a pretty boring news story..

Just give us the salesman and dealership name. As far as I am concerned, you will not get rich off of this.
Help the others to look out for this shady tactic used by your salesman and the dealer.
When you do, you'll get a call from them with a deal for you to take the names off (and to delete this thread).
If I were the GM, I would've given you a better car for the same price to keep your mouth closed.
I guess the GM rather have his dealership called out for such "scam."

Call up all the news reporters you want, I doubt anyone will take your case since you already took the GM's deal...
Old 09-16-18, 11:37 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by hyunwoo198

You better communicate with email or fax so you can keep hard copies in case you need them. Telecon has no record unless you
record them(you have to let the other party you are recording)
Old 09-17-18, 06:51 AM
hyunwoo198
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
this would be a pretty boring news story..

Just give us the salesman and dealership name. As far as I am concerned, you will not get rich off of this.
Help the others to look out for this shady tactic used by your salesman and the dealer.
When you do, you'll get a call from them with a deal for you to take the names off (and to delete this thread).
If I were the GM, I would've given you a better car for the same price to keep your mouth closed.
I guess the GM rather have his dealership called out for such "scam."

Call up all the news reporters you want, I doubt anyone will take your case since you already took the GM's deal...
I am not trying to get rich out of this.
Lawyers were not willing to take the case because the financial damage is minimal.
One lawyer told me she could do this because she had same case with different dealer before.
The dealer is Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills. The sales GM is Joey.
Old 09-17-18, 06:54 AM
hyunwoo198
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JH48
hey bro. Let the lawyer deal with it. They been doing something shady. Is your vehicle demon? Can you tell me which one car im looking it up right now
I am not sure if this car was demo.
It is Caviar black/brown interior 2017 RX 350. It is loaded with luxury package.
One more shady thing is I returned the car at 719 miles, but they are selling it with 707 miles. LOL
You should be able to find one at their website since there are only 6 2017 used vehicle as of today.
Old 09-17-18, 06:56 AM
hyunwoo198
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Htony
You better communicate with email or fax so you can keep hard copies in case you need them. Telecon has no record unless you
record them(you have to let the other party you are recording)
I've been trying to email them. But they answer back with phone, or no call at all...
Old 09-17-18, 09:12 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I can see that it would take a few days for the loan cancellation to get handled and processed, so this delay isn't totally out of the question just yet. On the other hand, it's been five working days (per your post that loan cancellation was sent to the auto loan company on 9/10/18) without so much as a peep from Jim Falk, so I think you're due some answers or at least an update.

Since emails and phone calls don't work, maybe an in-person visit will get you more answers and show that you are treating this with more priority than Jim Falk appears to be.

If you have an attorney willing to take this on, I think you should have a more serious discussion with said attorney.

I also recommend starting a time log on how much time you have taken out of your day to handle this matter up to date. Making/taking phone calls, writing emails, in-person visits, etc., all of this should add up to a considerable amount. multiply that by a reasonable per-hour rate you feel your time is worth, and you can see that it starts to add up.

Don't get greedy, but do stay firm with what you believe is rightfully and reasonably due to you.
Old 09-28-18, 02:54 PM
hyunwoo198
Driver School Candidate

Just for an update.
The loan is still on my name. Dealer sent out the check with flat cancellation on 9/18.
Bank of American received check on 9/19, began processing on 9/21.
Until today, all I can hear from Bank of American Auto Loan department is that flat cancellation is being processed by Dealer Funding Department, and there is nothing I can do but wait.
Or the "dealer" is the only one who can call the Dealer Funding Department of Bank of America to inquire the status of flat cancellation.
I've tried to talk to Dealer Funding Department, but all they say is they can only speak with dealer.
It is funny because the loan is under my name, but only dealer can do something about it.
I've contacted Lexus corporate, and all they told me is they are very sorry to hear what happened, but Lexus can't do anything on dealership sales issue.
They offered $1,000 incentive if I purchase new Lexus in future. I hung up.
Very frustrating experience.