CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

The OC GTG (Get ToGether) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-20, 10:27 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

set a date and get on with it!
Old 03-10-20, 10:18 AM
ikayto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
set a date and get on with it!
miss u tim
Old 04-24-20, 01:53 AM
iapetus126
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

In light of recent events, looks like we won't be having a GTG for a long while.
But I don't see why we can't share what we've been up to with our cars(after all, isn't that the original point of a forum?)

To @projectdna and @Blkexcoupe , no more reps for me haha!

Also stopped by @Organized Garage Status a while ago and got my headlights fixed, so no more getting called out rolling out of the meet

The following 3 users liked this post by iapetus126:
Blkexcoupe (04-24-20), link13 (04-24-20), projectdna (04-24-20)
Old 04-24-20, 06:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Yeah, we won't be having a meet for a while. I'm glad to see you decided to stick with the car and change out some parts.

My car hasn't changed much on the exterior. I've been working on the interior.

I bought a pair of recaros for the front and had all the seats reupholstered in a new color (cognac). All the factory tan/brown will be replaced with black. I'm slowly searching for all good condition black parts.

I'm not sure if we had a meet after everyone saw the horrible wheel refinishing I got. I was told that even if they redid the plating I probably wouldn't be happy with it (something I wish was mentioned before the first attempt). I opted to have them done in my 2nd choice finish which was brushed clear.

Old 04-29-20, 04:54 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by ikayto
miss u tim
wdm!

wish i had a lexus car to share...
Old 05-01-20, 08:10 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by iapetus126
In light of recent events, looks like we won't be having a GTG for a long while.
But I don't see why we can't share what we've been up to with our cars(after all, isn't that the original point of a forum?)

To @projectdna and @Blkexcoupe , no more reps for me haha!

Also stopped by @Organized Garage Status a while ago and got my headlights fixed, so no more getting called out rolling out of the meet

-pic snip-
@iapetus126 these look much, much better than your CR-Kai reps. Way to stay committed to the 2is game!

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Yeah, we won't be having a meet for a while. I'm glad to see you decided to stick with the car and change out some parts.

My car hasn't changed much on the exterior. I've been working on the interior.

I bought a pair of recaros for the front and had all the seats reupholstered in a new color (cognac). All the factory tan/brown will be replaced with black. I'm slowly searching for all good condition black parts.

-pic snip x2-

I'm not sure if we had a meet after everyone saw the horrible wheel refinishing I got. I was told that even if they redid the plating I probably wouldn't be happy with it (something I wish was mentioned before the first attempt). I opted to have them done in my 2nd choice finish which was brushed clear.

-pic snip-
I think the OC GTG should make a one-time comeback after this CV19 pandemic blows over, just so we can see how far everyone's car has come since last time.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!