CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

The OC GTG (Get ToGether) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-18, 01:55 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Last meet of the year next week. Hopefully it won't be too cold or windy like last time.

When:
Thursday, 12/13/18, 8-10 PM... ish. (If you're punctual and show up early, then wait it out until 8:15ish before giving up on us)

Where:
The Village @ Tustin Legacy
15150 Kensington Park Dr, Tustin, CA 92780
Note: We will be in the center near the Stater Brothers

Please:
- Be considerate of other patrons in the shopping center
- Support the business in the shopping center - Dunkin Donuts, Yogurtland, Jamba Juice, etc.
- Pick up after yourself

... and DON'T:
- Hoon upon arriving, during, or while leaving (e.g. rev your engine, do burn-/peel-outs, drive recklessly, play music obnoxiously loud)
- Litter
- Attract unnecessary attention to yourself and/or the GTG
(If you can't behave like a mature adult arriving or leaving, please stay home instead of possibly ruining it for everyone else. Tustin PD is very sensitive when it comes to car meets)

See you all there!
The following users liked this post:
projectdna (12-05-18)
Old 12-13-18, 08:56 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

See you guys tonight! Hopefully we have a good turn out for the end of the year.
Old 12-13-18, 09:11 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Will be there!
Old 12-17-18, 09:17 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

had a conflicting schedule and couldn't make the meet last week. how was the turn out?
Old 12-17-18, 10:05 AM
Cronus1995
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dang. Totally forgot about this. See you guys next month.
Old 12-19-18, 10:18 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Turnout was smaller than expected because of last minute emergencies, but we still had a couple of new people join us.
Old 01-06-19, 09:57 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I know it's short notice, but first meet of the year this week.

When:
Thursday, 1/10/19, 8-10 PM... ish. (If you're punctual and show up early, then wait it out until 8:15ish before giving up on us)

Where:
The Village @ Tustin Legacy
15150 Kensington Park Dr, Tustin, CA 92780
Note: We will be in the center near the Stater Brothers

Please:
- Be considerate of other patrons in the shopping center
- Support the business in the shopping center - Dunkin Donuts, Yogurtland, Jamba Juice, etc.
- Pick up after yourself

... and DON'T:
- Hoon upon arriving, during, or while leaving (e.g. rev your engine, do burn-/peel-outs, drive recklessly, play music obnoxiously loud)
- Litter
- Attract unnecessary attention to yourself and/or the GTG
(If you can't behave like a mature adult arriving or leaving, please stay home instead of possibly ruining it for everyone else. Tustin PD is very sensitive when it comes to car meets)

See you all there!
projectdna (01-06-19)
Old 01-08-19, 09:41 PM
124c41
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

what's the average turn out for the meet? do most people show up around 9pm?
Old 01-10-19, 09:58 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

^ scroll up and look at the pictures. last month was probably small due to the Christmas holiday season.
last time I rolled in around 9pm and it was decent but not more than 30 cars iirc.
it's about the people anyway!

let's see if I can convince the wife to have date night in Tustin tonite !
Old 01-10-19, 04:12 PM
iapetus126
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a friendly reminder to keep revs to a minimum while entering / leaving the parking lot. We had a regular of this meet receive a ticket just this morning in the Irvine area for only a muffler delete

Old 01-15-19, 08:14 PM
Kubbz
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone get ticketed?

Hey guys I've heard Irvine PD is leading the charge on issuing fines etc.. on modified cars, including front window tint and not having front lic plates.

Has anyone been popped? If so, what have you experienced?
Old 01-16-19, 06:26 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubbz
Hey guys I've heard Irvine PD is leading the charge on issuing fines etc.. on modified cars, including front window tint and not having front lic plates.

Has anyone been popped? If so, what have you experienced?
See below quoted post.

Originally Posted by iapetus126
Just a friendly reminder to keep revs to a minimum while entering / leaving the parking lot. We had a regular of this meet receive a ticket just this morning in the Irvine area for only a muffler delete
I don't think I can share much on this matter (it wasn't me) other than that a few regular OC GTG attendees and I have offered advice and assistance to said attendee to address this matter.

Having said that, Irvine PD seems to be the most active with issuing citations in accordance with AB 1824 going into effect on 1/1/2019 (see here for Jalopnik's interpretation of AB 1824). And if you're getting pulled over for that, and if there are other obvious equipment "violations" (front window tint, no front plate, etc.), chances are likely that the ticketing officer will add those to your citation.

Coming back to the OC GTG, I can't say that this won't affect the GTG itself because of the paranoia surrounding AB 1824 and Irvine PD. I can say that, as the meet has been held at The District @ Tustin Legacy since its inception, we've been very fortunate that there has only been two or three times that Tustin PD have made themselves visibly present. Even then, we've always respectfully and peacefully left on our own accord, and no one leaving has been "harassed" by Tustin PD to date.

(BTW, Orange County Sheriff's Department Regional Training Academy is about a half mile away, and we've never had OC Sheriffs roll up on us. *knock on wood*)

IMO, so long as the OC GTG remains peaceful and respectful, I can't see how we can't continue to meet on a regular basis.
Old 01-17-19, 03:28 PM
iDomoKun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm the one who got pulled over last week in Irvine in my ISF. I was on my way to work in the morning waiting at a traffic light when I noticed a motorcycle cop behind me inbetween my lane and the lane on my left so I rolled down my front windows. When the light turned green, I slowly pressed on the gas and the cop immediately turned on the lights and pulled me over. He told me he pulled me over for a modified exhaust and window tint. Then he asked me to pop my hood and he said I had an illegal aftermarket intake (Injen intake) and no front plates. He said the racing badge (jdm leaf air refreshener) hanging on my rear view mirror, decals on my car, and modifications were all signs of a street racer. He gave me a state ref ticket for intake, exhaust, tint, and no front plate.
Old 01-18-19, 04:20 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

God damnn, talk about bad lucks, hope everything okay man.
Old 02-04-19, 06:25 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

No meet this month during our usual time (2nd Thursday of the month). Next Thursday is valentine's day + there is a 50% chance of rain. My plan is to wait it out until the weather gets better.

If any of you guys are bored and want to have a meet, feel free to post up in this thread.
projectdna (02-07-19)

Quick Reply: The OC GTG (Get ToGether) Thread