CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Friday Night Meets Return!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-18, 03:42 PM
3stars1sun
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
For those of you that don't follow the FNM on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CL.FNM.SoCal/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1902460359804994/

The 4th ClubLexus Friday Night Meet of 2018!
Please treat the spot and area with respect!

Friday, June 15th, 2018
Address: 3530 Peck Rd, El Monte, CA 91731
Time: 9-11:30pm

All cars of make and models are welcome. Everyone is welcome.

Please follow the golden rules of car meet.
No Revving. (Including when you exit!)
No Burn outs.
I might show up since this will be my first time
Old 06-13-18, 12:52 PM
3stars1sun
Rookie

Anybody from the San Fernando valley going?
Old 06-15-18, 04:09 PM
3stars1sun
Rookie

Originally Posted by caloylab62
nice im in.im only 5 miles aways from longgo lexus.....thank you for the notification its greatly appreciated.
You'll be there tonight?
Old 06-16-18, 11:04 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Is Longo Lexus mod friendly? I have a downpipe and intake on my RC300.
Old 07-25-18, 09:35 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Follow the FNM on facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/CL.FNM.SoCal/

https://www.facebook.com/events/2058296044486611/

We're back for summer!

The 5th ClubLexus Friday Night Meet of 2018!
Please treat the spot and area with respect!

Friday, July 27th, 2018
Address: 3530 Peck Rd, El Monte, CA 91731
Time: 9-11:30pm

All cars of make and models are welcome. Everyone is welcome.

Please follow the golden rules of car meet.
No Revving. (Including when you exit!)
No Burn outs.
No Loud Music.
Be respectful to everyone!
See everyone there!
Old 07-26-18, 09:01 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Is there another location we can vote for? That area is kind of dead in terms of food/drinks unless you want fast food like Yoshinoya...
Old 07-26-18, 09:56 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mk416
Is there another location we can vote for? That area is kind of dead in terms of food/drinks unless you want fast food like Yoshinoya...
I'm sure if you provide a suggestions to the group that host the meet that they would listen. The problem is, not a lot of businesses want to give up parking spaces for people to loiter on a Friday night.
Old 07-27-18, 09:00 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm sure if you provide a suggestions to the group that host the meet that they would listen. The problem is, not a lot of businesses want to give up parking spaces for people to loiter on a Friday night.
How many cars show up on average? I've only been to the meet once, so I don't want to estimate. If the turnout is less than 20 cars on average, I know a few tea places we can hang at (spacious lot and businesses do not mind as long as the usual meet rules are obeyed).
Old 07-27-18, 02:36 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mk416
How many cars show up on average? I've only been to the meet once, so I don't want to estimate. If the turnout is less than 20 cars on average, I know a few tea places we can hang at (spacious lot and businesses do not mind as long as the usual meet rules are obeyed).
I've never paid attention to how many cars usually show up. I usually show up late since I'm driving up from OC, and the first thing I always do is go look at other SC that show up. lol

If you post the locations either here or on the FB page, I'm sure they'll see your post and take the locations into consideration. If you know the business owner's contact info that is always a plus.
Old 07-27-18, 03:55 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Lat few time is REALLY REALLY under 20 for sure. I went to some of them and the most thing i didn't like is you gonna be there and do your own stuff. Nobody will be creating you or some what.
Old 07-27-18, 06:16 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Lat few time is REALLY REALLY under 20 for sure. I went to some of them and the most thing i didn't like is you gonna be there and do your own stuff. Nobody will be creating you or some what.
if you actually made it out to the last Friday Night Meet, it easily topped 30+ cars. I'm sure others can attest.

you go to any meet, and attendees will generally congregate and socialize in groups - especially for those that know each other. given the right attitude (or at least an adjustment for the better), you'll find that almost all meet attendees are friendly and, well, sociable.

going to car meets is generally worthwhile if you go without expectations. when you start expecting things to happen like 100 cars show up and random strangers come up to you and make you their center of attention, you should revisit your expectations.

it's like what your sig says: you may not get what you are trying, but you will never get it if you don't. so, if you don't make yourself sociable, you're going to end up doing your own stuff, and no one will greet you or even care.

anyways, hope to see everyone tonight.
Old 07-28-18, 11:31 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

It was great meeting you guys last night. Hoping to be a regular to this meet. Decent crowd, no hood rat stuff, thats what I like.

I like meets where I forget to take photos because chatting with you guys was better. LOL Speaking of which, I saw one guy with a nice camera, slide through with those shots please and we'll feature you on our social media. @o.g.status Gracias!
Old 07-28-18, 01:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Organized Garage Status
LOL Speaking of which, I saw one guy with a nice camera, slide through with those shots please and we'll feature you on our social media. @o.g.status Gracias!
You're probably never going to see them. lol

I'm still waiting to see pics from the last meet. Some one came with a nice camera, tripod, and lighting equipment to photograph all the cars. He did multiple shots with focus on each part of the car, so he could layer them for a really dope photo.
Old 07-29-18, 11:15 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

You're probably never going to see them. lol

I'm still waiting to see pics from the last meet. Some one came with a nice camera, tripod, and lighting equipment to photograph all the cars. He did multiple shots with focus on each part of the car, so he could layer them for a really dope photo.
LMAO, yooo we didn't sign off for you to use them on your portfolio, show us the pics!
Old 07-30-18, 02:21 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
if you actually made it out to the last Friday Night Meet, it easily topped 30+ cars. I'm sure others can attest.

you go to any meet, and attendees will generally congregate and socialize in groups - especially for those that know each other. given the right attitude (or at least an adjustment for the better), you'll find that almost all meet attendees are friendly and, well, sociable.

going to car meets is generally worthwhile if you go without expectations. when you start expecting things to happen like 100 cars show up and random strangers come up to you and make you their center of attention, you should revisit your expectations.

it's like what your sig says: you may not get what you are trying, but you will never get it if you don't. so, if you don't make yourself sociable, you're going to end up doing your own stuff, and no one will greet you or even care.

anyways, hope to see everyone tonight.
Hi friend. I hope the meet was a success. It was a grinding week of commuting even though it's only 16 miles. I was done by Friday night and didn't want to get back in the car to drive to the El. I will try to make the next one.
The following users liked this post:
projectdna (07-30-18)

Quick Reply: Friday Night Meets Return!