CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-18, 10:11 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yea, I have done RC-Fs and such, so I am assuming yours should be the same or similar.

PM sent.

Thanks.

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 04-05-18, 11:11 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss carbon fiber 5D front bumper lip vinyl wrap

Here is a white Mercedes Benz C63 sedan that I had worked on during one of my trips up to norcal / bay area to do wraps up there. The owner of this car simply wanted to add just a simple carbon fiber accent to the front bumper area of the car, so we ended up going with the 5D high gloss carbon fiber finish over the factory black painted portion. It's a subtle touch that is not always noticeable right away, but at the right angles and lighting, the carbon fiber weave shows up fairly nicely.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-08-18, 10:36 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black roof vinyl wrap
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear trunk license plate area vinyl wrap

The owner of this car was from norcal and had me do the vinyl wrap work on his car while he was down in socal. We went with gloss black for the roof, side skirts, and rear trunk license plate area. The side skirt design is based off of the motorsport graphic that is also offered from the factory by BMW. The rear license plate and side skirt wrap was a last minute decision, so those were done freehand. Overall, the additional gloss black accents tied in well with the other gloss black pieces on the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-09-18, 09:58 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- 3M 1080 anthracite gloss carbon fiber interior trim vinyl wrap

For this 2016 Audi A7 sedan, we wrapped over the original wood trim pieces with the 3M 1080 CFS201 anthracite carbon fiber vinyl material. Getting rid of the wood look on the interior trim really upgraded the look of the overall interior, giving it a sportier look and feel. I especially liked the way the carbon fiber wrap worked with the aluminum metal trimming that were already on the wood pieces, giving it a nice balance of carbon fiber and metal.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-28-18, 08:11 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black window/mirror trim chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handle chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Tinted / smoked head lights vinyl wrap
- Tinted/ smoked tail lights
- Tinted / smoked fog lights vinyl wrap
- Matte black front grill
- Matte black front / rear emblems
- Matte black lower front bumper bars
- Matte black rear trunk bar
- Rear lower badge delete
- Matte black lower rear bumper reflector vinyl wrap
- Matte black side fender markers

We offered a complete chrome black out package for this black Tesla Model X SUV, getting rid of all of the chrome trim pieces on it and also adding some subtle touches with the tint on the lights all around the car. The before and after of the car was a night and day difference and really gave the Tesla a much sportier aggressive styling to it. The tint film is light enough so that the light output through the film is still very visible even during the day. We varied the areas with both matte black and gloss black to still give the car some contrast, especially since the car was black to begin with. The owner of this car was in Lake Forest, Orange County and I came out to them to do the entire wrap work on their new Tesla.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-06-18, 10:16 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:

To compliment the already gloss black wheels and other gloss black accents on this white BMW F32 328i coupe, we went with a gloss black roof wrap on the car to tie everything together and completing the look. The owner of this car was in West Hollywood Los Angeles and brought their car out to us in Orange County to do the wrap work. The install was very straight forward and gave the car an OEM+ type look, making it seem/look like the black roof could have been an option from the BMW dealership.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-06-18, 05:04 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Gloss black window trim wrap
- Plasti dip rear badges

There have been quite a few Lexus RC-Fs coming by lately. One day, I had two RC-Fs back to back. On this particular car, I vinyl wrapped the roof and blacked out the chrome side window trim in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to wrapping those pieces, I plasti dipped the rear badges on the trunk of the car. Plasti dip can be easy enough to use, but for those who have tried it, it can still take some skill to get it to come out perfect. I took some up close pictures of the plasti dipped pieces from various angles, to show how the pieces that I plasti dip look like. The owner of this particular car was from Oceanside / San Diego and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
pm me a quote for RCF window trim gloss black. Plastic dip rear badges and wrap front grill glos black. Do you do the entire window trim since it looks half black already and not chrome? Any photos with Matt black?
Old 07-07-18, 08:45 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

PM sent.

Overview:
- Matte black front grill plasti dip
- Matte black fog light trim plasti dip
- Matte black rear badges plasti dip
- 5D high gloss carbon fiber front center lip vinyl wrap
- 5D high gloss rear diffuser vinyl wrap
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights

This white Audi S8 sedan had a lot of chrome / aluminum finish pieces all around the exterior of the car, so to help clean it up a bit and to give it a sportier look that's fitting of the S model. For this car, we ended up blacking out the chrome window trim and rear trunk bar in gloss black, plasti dipping the badges, front grill and lower fog light trim pieces, tinting the rear tail lights, and then adding some carbon fiber accents on the front lip and balancing it out with doing the rear diffuser as well. I always like doing wrap work on bigger bodied cars, cause most people don't generally look at such big cars as being sporty, so it really sets the car apart from the crowd.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-09-18, 09:50 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Gosh that 5D carbon look real!! Nice work I’ll be contacting you soon. I got your PM.
Old 07-12-18, 10:53 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black roof wrap
- Gloss black chrome grill surround wrap
- Matte black lower center bumper grill wrap
- Gloss black window trim chrome delete wrap

The Lexus RC-F is already a great looking car, but the chrome window trim and grill pieces on the car really takes away from the aggressive look of the RC-F. For this white Lexus RC-F, we blacked out the chrome window trim, front grill, lower front bumper grill lip, and also the roof. We went with matte black around the grill surround, but did gloss black in the center lip portion to give the two some contrast, which worked out nicely. The owner of this car was in Los Angeles and brought it out to us in Orange County to have the wrap work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-15-18, 03:53 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Do you do paint protection film?
Old 07-15-18, 10:25 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tnilc
Do you do paint protection film?
Yes I do. Let me know what you were looking to have done.

-Don
Old 12-30-18, 05:42 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Price for a roof wrap with a high quality gloss black for an RC300 (with sunroof)? Price also for a gloss carbon fiber wrap? Thanks!
Old 02-24-19, 10:06 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Interior trim 3M 1080 black gloss carbon fiber vinyl wrap
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights
- Gloss black rear diffuser vinyl wrap
- Gloss black window trim chrome delete

A lot of vinyl work was done on the outside and inside of this white BMW F10 540i sedan, but most of this post will be primarily focused on the wrapping that was done on the interior of the car. I tried to take pictures in a manner that allowed you to more easily see how the before/after looked like with the carbon fiber wrap done over the factory wood finish. To give the car a more aggressive look, we went with the black carbon fiber on the interior. The carbon fiber on the interior nicely tied in with the carbon fiber accents that were already on the exterior of the car. The owner of this car was in Irvine Orange County and I went out to him to do all of the wrap work on his car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 03-03-19, 10:31 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black front grill chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black window trim chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handles chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear tail light chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear trunk bar chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Matte black rear badges plasti dip

I really liked the way this new 2018 Lexus LX570 SUV turned out from blacking all of the chrome trim accents on it. It's not as common to see SUVs getting vinyl work done, but it should be more common, because it really gives them a much more aggressive look that isn't normally expected when you look at or think of an SUV. Everything that was done on the car was still subtle enough that for anyone who didn't know how the car looked like before would have just thought that the car came that way from the factory. The owner of this car was in Cerritos Orange County and I came out to them to do the vinyl wrap work on this car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Quick Reply: ***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***