CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Do NOT go to Ranz Motorsports in Rosemead, CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-14, 08:23 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Do NOT go to Ranz Motorsports in Rosemead, CA

Hopefully by posting this thread, I can save some folks here from going through the same ordeal.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...semead-ca.html

Jon
Old 04-26-14, 08:53 AM
NoKz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive by that place quite often. Thanks for the heads up and good luck bro!
Old 04-27-14, 12:04 AM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy stuff, hope you get your money back or your bumper but no way in hell should you trust these fools installing it
Old 04-29-14, 12:26 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't sound good

Last edited by 1KhpWrx; 04-29-14 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-29-14, 12:51 PM
skottydznt
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your documentation speaks for itself. Good luck. hopefully they get whats coming to them.
Old 04-30-14, 01:32 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope all goes well.

unbelievable that they won't return the money. The nerve of this guy to expect the customers to keep waiting and waiting and refuse to refund the money.

soon he will realize his chance to return the money was a a golden opportunity for him to get out of the mess he's about to get into.

at this point except nothing but a full refund. don't even take the bumper even if it miraculously appears in the mail. Chances are it will fit like junk and your going to have to deal with him AGAIN.

Last edited by Tantrix; 04-30-14 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 08:23 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Thank you guys for your kind words and constructive comments.

I contacted Pay Pal today and despite that their 45-day money back guarantee has already expired, they're extremely accommodating and helpful because of the dollar amount involved in this transaction. The downside is I am required to wait almost 3 months to receive my refund.

I am glad that other than the legal process, there's another viable option for me to get my money back for now.

Jon
Old 05-01-14, 03:07 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

yeah you should've paypal disputed this first before anything else.

with no tracking proof on their end u will win for sure.

but to clarify, did everyone else already get their bumpers except for you ? or did nobody get their bumpers ?

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Thank you guys for your kind words and constructive comments.

I contacted Pay Pal today and despite that their 45-day money back guarantee has already expired, they're extremely accommodating and helpful because of the dollar amount involved in this transaction. The downside is I am required to wait almost 3 months to receive my refund.

I am glad that other than the legal process, there's another viable option for me to get my money back for now.

Jon
Old 05-15-14, 11:04 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Pay Pal was a no go.

They initially wanted to help but reneged because they didn't want to open a dispute after the "45-day" protection expired.

I am not sure if everyone else received his/her bumper or not. Frankly that really doesn't matter to me.

The fact is, they still have my money and I still don't have the bumper that was promised due six months ago.

Jon

Originally Posted by Tantrix
yeah you should've paypal disputed this first before anything else.

with no tracking proof on their end u will win for sure.

but to clarify, did everyone else already get their bumpers except for you ? or did nobody get their bumpers ?
Old 05-16-14, 06:55 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Pay Pal was a no go. They initially wanted to help but reneged because they didn't want to open a dispute after the "45-day" protection expired. I am not sure if everyone else received his/her bumper or not. Frankly that really doesn't matter to me. The fact is, they still have my money and I still don't have the bumper that was promised due six months ago. Jon
Start a dispute through where your funds pulled from e.g. Chase, citi, Amex, etc.
Old 05-30-14, 12:00 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

It sucks to say this but in terms of filing a dispute with Pay Pal, credit card co. or the bank, I really shot myself in the foot many months ago for not taking action sooner.

All financial institutions have rules regarding a time limit for filing disputes. I have discussed and confirmed with my bank (the funding source of my Pay Pal account) that all disputes must be filed within 60 days. Other than going to court there isn't really any viable option left for me at this point.

I am sure both Boss Cat Designs and Ranz are familiar with this rule and that's why they're deliberately withholding my money. $1,970.00 to be exact.

As of this month, Boss Cat Designs continues to advertise on its Facebook page about having another batch of 1M bumpers for sale. I simply hope that there won't be another person who needs to go through the same ordeal with these guys.

Boss Cat Designs
https://m.facebook.com/BossCatDesigns?_rdr

Jon

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
Start a dispute through where your funds pulled from e.g. Chase, citi, Amex, etc.

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 05-30-14 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-30-14, 10:34 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Yelp, Google reviews will hopefully save others from an experience like yours. That's the best you can do. People take chances and play the odds that "it won't happen to them" so in those instances, they wanted the gamble.
Old 05-30-14, 12:17 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ridiculous scam with ridiculous way of running the fake show.

You could file a lawsuit against the scamming entity since you have good supporting detailed evidence or at least file against them with a small claim. They would be in bigger trouble if there are other similar victims like you, then you can even do a class action. I'm just throwing out random possible ideas.

Thanks for sharing and good luck bring them to justice.
Old 06-13-14, 05:06 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Thanks for your kind words.

Update to this ordeal:

On June 12, 2014 (yesterday), after getting sick and tired of waiting I got the Sheriff's Office involved and went to Ranz myself. It turned out that my bumper was made and painted. However, the paint was rough (unpolished) and the bumper itself was very dusty.

I confronted Jay and of course, he continued to deny any responsibility of notifying me of the bumper's completion and said it wasn't him but Simon that I needed to deal with.

Jay further told me that it was Dinmann (another M5 Board member) who was supposed to deliver me the bumper, not him. WTH did that come from?

Given the condition of the bumper, I told Jay to polish the bumper and get it ready so that I could return today to get it put on my car.

I went to Ranz earlier today and decided not to have them touch my car. Instead, I picked up the bumper and drove to my own shop.

Immediately after unwrapping the paper covering the bumper, I noticed that a couple of hinges are broken and the paint not matching.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. They were taken just a couple of hours ago today.

I am keeping the damaged bumper and will not drop the lawsuit until I get every penny I deserve back from these guys.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Do NOT go to Ranz Motorsports in Rosemead, CA-securedownload.jpg   Do NOT go to Ranz Motorsports in Rosemead, CA-securedownload1.jpg   Do NOT go to Ranz Motorsports in Rosemead, CA-securedownload2.jpg  
Old 08-27-14, 10:36 AM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Thanks for the heads up! Glad you posted this

Quick Reply: Do NOT go to Ranz Motorsports in Rosemead, CA