CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Toyota of Huntington Beach is a rip off-sleazebags

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 11:25 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Thumbs down Toyota of Huntington Beach is a rip off-sleazebags

This happened to a family member.
After dealing for $1500 discount, they went to sign the paperwork.

After trusting the salesman, manager and finance department (big mistake), and signing the paperwork without double checking, they only discounted the $1000.

They brought this up with the salesman, manager and finance dept.
The manager said they'll look into, and will call back. My family called back, manager said he'll call, never did.....

This went on for a couple of months and my family got tired of it. They chalked it up for a lesson learned in not trusting dealers anymore

Just your typical sleazeball move from a shady dealer. It's as if dealers don't have a bad rap already.

No offense to the good dealers out there
Old 08-20-13, 12:43 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be surprise with all the tactics thees dealers use. I wanted the total out the door price for Lexus. The salesman agreed upon on negotiated price, then leave the room to get the papers done...come back with a monthly payment that were several thousand dollar above the negotiated price we had discussed.

Keyes Lexus
Old 08-20-13, 04:32 PM
Gonads
Driver School Candidate

Shady! I hate dealing with dealers.
Old 08-21-13, 06:47 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

yep my OTD was 25k and I'm paying for 30k.
Old 08-21-13, 11:40 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Initial_K
I wouldn't be surprise with all the tactics thees dealers use. I wanted the total out the door price for Lexus. The salesman agreed upon on negotiated price, then leave the room to get the papers done...come back with a monthly payment that were several thousand dollar above the negotiated price we had discussed.

Keyes Lexus
keyes lexus is well known for their shady business. I had a personal beef with them too
Old 08-25-13, 12:09 AM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

My cousin used to work for North County Toyota of Anaheim, now called Miller. He did me that Toyo HB isn't very forgiving. He also said it is usually the finance managers that pull all the shady moves. He would give a great deal to his clients and then they come back crying about what they just signed.

Newport Lexus isn't no angel either. Previous owner of my IS350 got fooled by finance manager. They added $3 dollars to each payment for 60 months.
Old 08-26-13, 05:38 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Thank you to those for sharing your stories.
I never understood the greediness in these shady dealers.

They'll make tons more from referrals than to rip off a customer
Old 08-28-13, 07:42 AM
Bdub619
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too was ripped off by a dealer on my previous car. Taught me a valuable lesson. I'll only buy used cars now and I will only buy from a private seller, not a dealer (use your good judgement on the seller and also verify the car is in great shape). About every time you can negotiate the price lower with a private seller and get a better deal. Downside is you have to pay for it all up front in cash, but that money gives you negotiating power.
Old 08-31-13, 03:58 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

The shady guys are always the finance guys. Lesson? Bring your own financing and do the deal as if it was cash. And always negotiate based on OTD. Then you only have one number to look at, the last one. It's basically you're rolling in with this number, it's up to them to make it work for you.
Old 09-16-13, 09:31 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meefer
The shady guys are always the finance guys. Lesson? Bring your own financing and do the deal as if it was cash. And always negotiate based on OTD. Then you only have one number to look at, the last one. It's basically you're rolling in with this number, it's up to them to make it work for you.
This, plus if you have a trade in don't mention it till the end. I do recommend you sell your car to a private buyer to get the most money though. I have only bought one car from the dealer, even though it was an ok experience I will never buy a car from them ever again.

In my profession I deal with many dealers and they always want to get their equipment fixed for free. One thing I have noticed is that the more money they charge for service they are the ones that want to pay the least when being customers.
Old 09-17-13, 03:13 PM
theUPSguy
Driver School Candidate

Be on the look out for Hardin Buick GMC. They do not perofrm any maintenance on the used cars that they sell. I took a filthy Air Filter back to them one week after I had the car and they insisted that the black filter with bugs in it was clean.
Old 09-17-13, 11:26 PM
jjpark712
Driver

I've had very good luck with Tustin Toyota.
Also, everybody needs to get in a habit of reading EVERY LINE on the document that you will be having your signature on it.
Car buying experience is never relaxed.
Sales person at a dealer is always looking out to get every penny out from your wallet.
Best time to get a deal is
1. End of the month: because sales person may need couple more sales to have bigger bonus than commission from one car. So they can get you in a car breaking even, but end of the month bonus is much sweeter.

2. Late evening near closing time. I make sure that im well rested before going into a dealer to make a deal.
Sales person that are closing Just wanna get the F outta there n may offer you a good one.
Combination of these two makes a golden deal.

I've bought a Toyota last year at Tustin Toyota
Walked out of there $500 less than invoice pricing (invoice prices are posted on Edmonds.com)after tax and licensing fees.

So please do a lot of research on pricing as I did too.
I've basically memorized invoice pricing sheet before I walked into the dealer.
Thats why i recommend to be well rested before you walk in to make deal.
Fellas, I may be not the brightest but if I can do it working 12 plus hours per day, two kids and needy wife, I feel such tactics may work on other people as well.

Just sharing my car buying experience.
Old 09-18-13, 10:09 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

HB Toyota has been picketed for years by pissed off customers. I don't know why people sign deals that are not what they agreed to, but I suppose they are maybe worn down from already having spent hours there and just want to go home. I still haven't purchased new and don't really look forward to it.
Old 09-18-13, 03:16 PM
MikeC7909
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SEXC

In my profession I deal with many dealers and they always want to get their equipment fixed for free. One thing I have noticed is that the more money they charge for service they are the ones that want to pay the least when being customers.
That rule seems to apply for all sorts of business's.
Old 09-19-13, 09:47 AM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

wow lol. you guys should just go to Longo next time

Quick Reply: Toyota of Huntington Beach is a rip off-sleazebags