ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   CL of Southern California (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california-149/)
-   -   iPhone repair (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california/656347-iphone-repair.html)

rominl 09-20-12 10:13 AM

iPhone repair

Long story but the front glass of my 4s is shattered and probably need to replace the white backplate and white surrounding bezel... Anyone know of a good reputation / reliable place around Irvine for that? Need this done urgent :(

ISF4life 09-20-12 10:16 AM

Henry if u wiling l to drive a bit, there is a phone place right at the corner of brookhurst and hazard on the pho 86 plaza. The lady will fix u right up :) hope that help . my neighbor he works there but he is gone for VN.

xmike714x 09-20-12 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by rominl (Post 7495975)
Long story but the front glass of my 4s is shattered and probably need to replace the white backplate and white surrounding bezel... Anyone know of a good reputation / reliable place around Irvine for that? Need this done urgent :(

vietnamese place in bolsa if you want. dad got his stuff fixed there. let me know henry.

ArodDaLob 09-20-12 12:30 PM

I do iPhone4/4s repairs at my work, parts would be about $45 for the front/rear. Too bad we're a bit far from Irvine.

masboy 09-20-12 12:53 PM

there is a small shop in Brea mall too. saw some people are actually waiting for their iphone get fixed. not sure how much they charge tho.

its one of those small island store in the middle of the mall.

kentaro 09-20-12 01:44 PM

Give Shane @ 'iFix iPhone Screens' a call.

His local to Irvine area and best of all, he comes to you.
949 413 9650

rominl 09-20-12 01:46 PM

thanks everyone, appreciate it! got the screen replaced, but now it seems like the wifi is quite a bit weaker than before. cell and 3g reception is ok. is that something else that can be replaced / repaired?

mike, can you give me your contact just in case?

blitz_714 and kevin, thanks for the heads up!

ArodDaLob, where are you located? you think the wifi issue is something you can look at?

ArodDaLob 09-20-12 02:18 PM

City of Rosemead, back when I went to school in Irvine, it took ~50-60 min one way.
But it sounds like maybe the wi-fi antenna just didn't get plugged in or something. If the bottom screws are stock, you'll most likely have to take it to a shop since they require a special tool, but if someone switched them out to philips, you could probably do it yourself.

Either way, your best bet is to go back to the shop and have them take another look. If it's something simple like what i described, shouldn't take more than 10 min to fix and they should be fixing it free of charge.

ISF4life 09-20-12 02:43 PM

yeah the wifi is the antena inside maybe is damage a bit since the broken screen they can fix or replace that for you. Best of luck , time to up grade to iphone 5 lolz.