CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

WARNING: Do not buy this car, seller has rigged the mileage!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-12, 10:16 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SC has an analog cluster with a digital odometer, There's no way to dial the odometer back unless it's physically switched with another SC of the same specific year model or somehow a Lexus dealer was able to do it...in most cases, it wouldn't be worth going through all that trouble just for a shady fix.
Old 04-09-12, 10:47 AM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JYOO
I just saw some show on the news, where they busted this Armenian guy in the valley. He had car dealer after car dealer bringing car after car pull right into his driveway and he would roll back the miles. He had this little machine and he would make 500 bucks a car in a matter of minutes.
Originally Posted by aznxenon
Darn Armenian guy.
I'm Armenian & from the Valley! What you trying to say?! lol
That is why you never buy cars from Armenian's
Old 04-09-12, 02:00 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr05
Just run the vin # that should list everything you need.
EXACTLY !!!! Don't matter what they all say, do your own research first !!

Scammers are out there though, be careful !!
Old 04-09-12, 10:58 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
The SC has an analog cluster with a digital odometer, There's no way to dial the odometer back unless it's physically switched with another SC of the same specific year model or somehow a Lexus dealer was able to do it...in most cases, it wouldn't be worth going through all that trouble just for a shady fix.
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
Old 04-10-12, 01:53 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BPVIPGS
I'm Armenian & from the Valley! What you trying to say?! lol
That is why you never buy cars from Armenian's
HAHA!! I didnt say nothing bad...I got armenian homies too!! But it seems like whenever they bust these auto scammers they are or look armenian. This guy on the mileage roll back was armenian for sure, unless theres other peoples who have last names that rhyme with armenian. One of my armenian homies told me the last name must rhyme with armenian to be a real armenian....haha sounds silly but it is true right??

I wonder where u get this nifty little machine from that can roll back the miles so damn quick???? He was making so much cash, he was charging his dealer homies $500 a car and they were bringing 3-4 cars daily. They came out of his house with a shoebox full of cash, was atleast 80k in there.
Old 04-10-12, 02:03 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

Kim Kardashian, Jerry Tarkanian...and my favorite, seen a dude and his last name was ARMENIAN...AWESOME!!

Sorry bout hijacking to educate myself on the subject of awesomeness that is armenianess. I was speaking with an Armenian dude about this subject (Armenian last names-sur names-fam names) and he said something like if it ends with yan or ian makes the difference whether you are russian armenian slavic, look more caucasian, less hair, more blondy , more green or blues eyes, or you look straight up arabic. I have noticed some armenians can look straight up like Osama Bin Laden and some can look like a Russian blond eminem with blue eyes. I asked him "are u sure its not just a spelling thang or preferece"??? and he looked at me all pissed and like i was stoouped for questioning his little differentiator. Plus i always hear from my friends that armenians are the first christians in our world, i do beleive that but that last name thing YAN or IAN sounds silly to me, but what do i know, thats why i must ask. Once again...sorry.
Old 04-10-12, 11:09 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

wow thanks for the headsup ! shady..