CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

I want to complain against a dealership....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 11:22 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to complain against a dealership....

Don't worry guys it's a Nissan dealership, not Toyota or Lexus

I don't want to deal with the dealership itself, because I think they are all crooks, so I plan on calling corporate. However, I don't know what i am really doing filing a complaint. I don't want to complain for the sake of complaining, I want something back that will make me happy. Either someone at that dealership being reprimanded (preferably the service manager) or I get lots of free cool stuff (unlikely haha ).

But here's what happened if you have the time to check out my case:

I go in to get a new key programmed. Car has been dead for a few weeks and I lost my key. I get the car towed to Nissan for my G35. They say it should only take an hour to an hour and a half if all goes well. Of course nothing goes right and they say my car's battery won't keep a charge and car won't start. I tell them I don't have the money to fix it, then they somehow are still able to get the car re-flashed for the new key. I call them to pick up the car, they car is still dead and they say the battery is shot, and my throttle body is so clogged the car wont start. Leaves me no choice but to tow it away from the dealer...

I jump the car, and i works fine. This happened in september and my car is still on the same battery, and the throttle body has not been cleaned to this day. This is 5 months later...crooks.

Anyways, I would have let it all go, but I was recently selling my car, and surprise surprise, when CARFAXED, it reveals that Nissan put in my mileage at 161,000. My ODO currently says 115,980. See what's wrong here? They messed up and I was willing to accept that they sucked, and move on But not this has come back to haunt me and deterred so many buyers and I get accused of being a scammer.

I don't know what to do right now, any tips or advice?
Old 03-06-12, 12:28 PM
lsvtec
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call them up to correct mileage on the record.
Old 03-06-12, 12:48 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

That's pretty basic, but I just don't want to deal with them. They've tried screwing me over once, what's to rpeven them from screwing me over again?
Old 03-06-12, 12:55 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I would suggest talking to the GM of the dealership that made the reporting error. Otherwise, take your paperwork to another dealer and explain the situation. See if they will make the adjustment on the mileage.
Old 03-06-12, 02:36 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ask to speak with the manager of the service department and have your issue heard and corrected before filling a complaint with corporate. If they don't allow you to talk to the manager, or keep playing games, call up Nissan corporate and ask to file a complaint. Make sure you get a case number and request a response as well. If you don't get a reply, you'll at least have the case number to refer back to and see what's going on.
Old 03-06-12, 02:56 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

I stopped by the dealership and got my old invoice, incase they tried something shady like delting my history there or something. Anyways, even while i was there they just really didn't seem to give a crap about me or my issue. The service manager was "away" at lunch, and right when i stop talking to one of the service advisors he immediately picks up the phone to make a call....Maybe I'm over thinking these little things. I got my case file from corporate so I'll be hearing form a regional advisor by tomorrow.
Old 03-14-12, 11:55 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Crazy, any updates on your story?