CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

So Cal December Trip

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-11, 11:31 PM
Bombsquad
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So Cal December Trip

Finally taking the plunge to fly for 30hours to get to SoCal for my December Holiday..
My Wife and 2 sons and 3 year old daughter will be joining me. Coming all the way from Sunny Brisbane Australia via Singapore, (which i've been to a dozen times) Tokyo (which i've never been to) and arriving in LAX on the 15th December, I plan on driving down to San Diego on the and hanging down there through xmas until I leave on the 27th to get home on the 30th!!

I have to take the kids to disneyland, but I've had 5 lexus's in the last 4 years, I love my 2GS and my boys and I are also obsessed with hoops. (great timing with the season in jeapordy) Cause of all that luggage i'm thinking of hiring a Jeep Grand Cherokee from dollar.com? Not my first choice but I couldn't really find anything else with the space for that kinda dough?

My question is? Where to stay? in LA and San Diego? Whats a must see for a Lexus nut like myself? Anyone got any hookups or suggestions??

Really Really appreciate the input...

Cheers Luke
Old 10-13-11, 01:19 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

LA:
-Getty Museum
-La Brea Tar Pits
-Griffith park+Observatory
-Peterson Automotive Museum
-Disneyland (not really LA)
-Universal Studios Hollywood (if you want another theme park)
-find a local CL meet going on.

San Diego:
-San Diego Zoo
-Gaslamp area
-....uhhhh find a local CL meet? lol.
-i really don't go down to SD often
-Cross to mexico
-buy mexican food (in SD) (and faux-mexican food like carne-asada nachos or fries )

idk about the rental car though, www.retailmenot.com may have some good discount codes and probably something like expedia or travelocity will help with more choices than that.

gotta ask, why are you coming from sunny summer aussieland to cali in the WINTER time? lol.
Old 10-13-11, 01:58 AM
Bombsquad
Driver

Thanks for the suggestions PureDrifter! My wifes a teacher and my kids have school, in Australia the holidays run for 8 weeks from December-January, so it's a timing thing.

Define WINTER time, it will be freezing on my Tokyo stop but I was expecting 10-20 degrees celcius in Socal during my stay?
Old 10-13-11, 09:03 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

More like 20 degrees Celsius over here in SoCal in the winter.
Old 10-13-11, 11:45 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1. Socal Winters are not bad, its mostly rain and cold wind. lol

2. Get some NBA tickets if the lockout ends so you and your sons can go catch a game! Preferably at the Staples center, which is an experience on its own lol.

3. Have you looked at Hertz? PM me how much dollar is charging and what dates you need the car for, i'll see if i can hook you up with any discounts. I've been a gold+ member for a couple years now and i get some great discounts on rentals. Almost always get a day free when i get the car for at least a weekend

4. Places to see:

LA:
Universal Studios
Santa Monica Pier
CL meet (I'm sure there will be a Friday night meet sometime when your down here lol)
Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach...but not far...and i can help you get discounts/free tickets if needed)
Hollywood
Griffith Observatory
Malls (PLENTY of shopping spots in LA)

San Diego:
Sea World (whole family will have fun)
Coronado Island
Downtown San Diego/Gaslamp District
Legoland (depending on how old your kids are lol)
San Diego Zoo & Balboa Park (next to each other)

5. I don't know any really good spots to stay in LA, since i live around there but in San Diego, find a hotel in the "Hotel Circle" its close to most of the good stuff in San Diego
Old 10-13-11, 12:41 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you plan on going to Disneyland, I recommend staying somewhere near the resort in Anaheim, it's much safer than any average hotel/motel in LA.
Old 10-13-11, 02:24 PM
Bombsquad
Driver

Killa, you got PM. Thanks for all the idea's guys! I'm thinking the Hyatt at Orange County for my base in/near LA. I'll have a car of course and they have great deals on Conference sized suites at the moment. Bus to Disneyland every 30mins too..
I would def go to Staples to see a Lakers or Clippers game...if the lockout doesn't end maybe I could try catch a USC or UCLA game or something?