CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Places in the Alhambra/East LA area to get fix-it-ticket signed off

Old 10-09-11, 09:29 PM
Bender25
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places in the Alhambra/East LA area to get fix-it-ticket signed off

Long story short, I got a fix it ticket for my car being to low. Need to get it signed off by Thursday and have no clue where to get that done. Prefer somewhere in the East LA/San Gabriel Valley areas.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

pics of said car- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ork-vs-xx.html
Old 10-09-11, 09:31 PM
OscarThai
Driver

I got my fix it ticket signed off at baldwin park police department
Old 10-09-11, 10:22 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Once fixed, you can get it signed off at any police station.
Old 10-10-11, 02:34 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the Baldwin Park police department. They are pretty nice about helping you out last time i had to go in.

And i checked the Law.....
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24008.htm
Is your front lip lower than the lowest point on your rims? I can't really judge in the pics lol
Old 10-10-11, 05:22 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always go to the Temple City Sheriff Station on Las Tunas, right near Rosemead blvd. They are always super nice to me and never charge me for an inspection fee

I've been there at least 4 times for my integra in the last 6 years, and I was just there about a month ago for a front plate fix-it on my IS I've dealt with different people each time and they were all really really nice Highly recommend!
Old 10-10-11, 11:40 AM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

The chp office off the 710 by elac used to do it.
Old 10-10-11, 12:13 PM
Bender25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OscarThai
I got my fix it ticket signed off at baldwin park police department
TY

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Once fixed, you can get it signed off at any police station.
I honestly did not know that, this is my first fixit ticket

[QUOTE=KillaIS250;6740156]+1 on the Baldwin Park police department. They are pretty nice about helping you out last time i had to go in.

And i checked the Law.....
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24008.htm
Is your front lip lower than the lowest point on your rims? I can't really judge in the pics lol[/QUOTE

Yeah I looked that up already, its the exact VC i got on the ticket. No part of my car is lower than the lowest point of my rim with no tire. My headlight source is even right at the legal minimum of 22"

Originally Posted by IntegresS
I always go to the Temple City Sheriff Station on Las Tunas, right near Rosemead blvd. They are always super nice to me and never charge me for an inspection fee

I've been there at least 4 times for my integra in the last 6 years, and I was just there about a month ago for a front plate fix-it on my IS I've dealt with different people each time and they were all really really nice Highly recommend!
Originally Posted by Zerodrag
The chp office off the 710 by elac used to do it.
I'm probably gonna try one of these places in the morning. Do they have lowered car friendly driveways?
Old 10-10-11, 12:39 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

First time I hear of someone getting ticketed for such a silly violation... GL
Old 10-10-11, 07:48 PM
k7q
Instructor

[QUOTE=Bender25;6741326

I'm probably gonna try one of these places in the morning. Do they have lowered car friendly driveways?[/QUOTE]

you know you have to raise your car up to legal height then they will sign it off...

Last edited by k7q; 10-10-11 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-10-11, 09:57 PM
Bender25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by k7q
you know you have to raise your car up to legal height then they will sign it off...

It is legal, center of the headlight is right at 22" (CVC 24400) and no portion of my car is lower then the lowest point of my rims(CVC 24008 and what I was cited for.)
Old 10-11-11, 03:41 AM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bender25
I'm probably gonna try one of these places in the morning. Do they have lowered car friendly driveways?

It has been years since I've been to that CHP office but, it's in a low-traffic area so you would be free to take your time with the using the whole driveway getting in.
Old 10-11-11, 05:04 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Actually, the one in Temple City is kind of steep-- I had to remove my front lip on my integra to get in without scraping, but on the IS I was fine (granted, all I have on the IS is the f-sport "lip kit" if you can even call it that, and tein s techs, whereas the integra is lowered on tein coilovers and has a thick mugen styled lip). It's low traffic most of the time, so you could take your time on the driveway, but still with much caution!
Attached Thumbnails Places in the Alhambra/East LA area to get fix-it-ticket signed off-tc-sheriff-station.jpg  

Last edited by IntegresS; 10-11-11 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-11-11, 12:12 PM
Bender25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Zerodrag
It has been years since I've been to that CHP office but, it's in a low-traffic area so you would be free to take your time with the using the whole driveway getting in.
Yeah I grew up not far from there so I know the area, just never actually went to the CHP office before

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Actually, the one in Temple City is kind of steep-- I had to remove my front lip on my integra to get in without scraping, but on the IS I was fine (granted, all I have on the IS is the f-sport "lip kit" if you can even call it that, and tein s techs, whereas the integra is lowered on tein coilovers and has a thick mugen styled lip). It's low traffic most of the time, so you could take your time on the driveway, but still with much caution!

Thank you for your due diligence

Ticket is signed off! I went to the CHP in East LA since it was so close, the driveway wasn't bad at all. The CHP officer just looked at my car and laughed at the ticket as he signed it off

Last edited by Bender25; 10-11-11 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-11-11, 12:19 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta love Google maps street view
Old 10-12-11, 05:06 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bender25
Yeah I grew up not far from there so I know the area, just never actually went to the CHP office before

Thank you for your due diligence

Ticket is signed off! I went to the CHP in East LA since it was so close, the driveway wasn't bad at all. The CHP officer just looked at my car and laughed at the ticket as he signed it off
Nice Easy breezy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Places in the Alhambra/East LA area to get fix-it-ticket signed off