CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Longo Lexus service dept any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 12:04 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Haitwun
No, they do not. The only dealer that has ever filled up my car after a service was Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. Jim Falk also gave my car a good wash.

I highly recommend Crown Lexus in Ontario. They buffed out the scratches off my car and gave it a thorough wash with my service. I prefer going to them even though Longo is across the street from my house.
yes they do...i took my car there at longo last sat. and i had 45 miles remaining on my gas tank and when i picked it up...it was filled...
Old 04-01-11, 09:08 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

haha looks like some got gas, some didn't. I'll find out when i pick my car up next week probably. Wonder if the gas is any good tho? I only fill Chevron/Shell, i wouldn't want the dealer filling up discount gas =/
Old 04-01-11, 11:12 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what tsb did you get done? I want to get the brake tsb done but i wonder if theyll give me **** since i have 30k miles on my car.
Old 04-02-11, 12:01 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by soupdawg
what tsb did you get done? I want to get the brake tsb done but i wonder if theyll give me **** since i have 30k miles on my car.
At 30k your still covered for TSB's...i believe its covered till 50,000 miles.

I'm getting the AUX TSB, Throttle Cleaning/Carbon Build up TSB & Dash Rattle TSB done as well as oil change

They shouldn't give you any BS if you've actually had/are having an issue thats covered by a TSB. I explained to them what was going on with my car, and that i read of the TSB's here on CL and Jimmy took care of me.

No BS !!! And im happy the only issues im having with the car are covered by TSBs!
Old 04-02-11, 04:21 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Got an update on my ride from Jimmy...when they were assembling the dash again they saw some clips were missing so they are gonna order some more clips and put them in. I'm glad they are actually taking the time to do it instead of giving it to me as is and having me come back complaining a week later. So far so good!
Old 04-04-11, 05:47 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

went there for the first time this morning to fix the instrumentation cluster glass rattles. the tech who went for test drive with me immediately knew it when we just got out of the parking lot. he said he knew the fix because he just did one last week for an IS250C and it wouldn't take long. so instead of getting a loaner car i just waited there. an hour gone by and my car was finished which also included the 5k mile free checkup. question here, it says 5k mile service, but the nav told me to do so even though i barely passed 3000 miles, why is that? also, i was kind of disappointed it does not include the oil change, i thought it comes with free oil change for the 5k mile service. so do i still get my first oil change free from the deal i bought the car from? that was what my salesman told me, i hope he doesn't mean the 5k mile checkup. overall, i was in and out a little bit over an hour, totally reasonable. i will go there from now on.
Old 04-04-11, 07:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
went there for the first time this morning to fix the instrumentation cluster glass rattles. the tech who went for test drive with me immediately knew it when we just got out of the parking lot. he said he knew the fix because he just did one last week for an IS250C and it wouldn't take long. so instead of getting a loaner car i just waited there. an hour gone by and my car was finished which also included the 5k mile free checkup. question here, it says 5k mile service, but the nav told me to do so even though i barely passed 3000 miles, why is that? also, i was kind of disappointed it does not include the oil change, i thought it comes with free oil change for the 5k mile service. so do i still get my first oil change free from the deal i bought the car from? that was what my salesman told me, i hope he doesn't mean the 5k mile checkup. overall, i was in and out a little bit over an hour, totally reasonable. i will go there from now on.
could it be you don't drive the car much but time wise it's time for checkup?

for 2011 (or maybe starting 2010), i think they changed the interval to oil change every 7500 miles so there is no 5k oil change anymore?
Old 04-04-11, 10:07 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by rominl
could it be you don't drive the car much but time wise it's time for checkup?

for 2011 (or maybe starting 2010), i think they changed the interval to oil change every 7500 miles so there is no 5k oil change anymore?
i've had the car for exactly 2 month, bought it on 2/5/11. maybe it's my driving habits that cause the early notification. so does the dealer usually pay for the 7500 mile oil change?
Old 04-04-11, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i've had the car for exactly 2 month, bought it on 2/5/11. maybe it's my driving habits that cause the early notification. so does the dealer usually pay for the 7500 mile oil change?
could be driving habit, that's just my guess

on the oil change, i am not 100% since i have 2008, but i have heard from at least 2 people about new lexus changing the intervals. always good to double check with longo though
Old 04-05-11, 11:35 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i bought my car on the same day! yay!
Old 04-05-11, 08:24 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Default Longo Lexus F*N Rocks :D

Picked up my car today right before closing...

NO dash rattle driving it home
NO idle issues, car feels much smoother (might be the synthetic too!)
NO noise from the Aux input, and audio sounds much better
NO worrying about the fuel recall

I paid >$25 (Upgrade to synthetic from Free first service)
Looks like Lexus will be paying out ~$1,500 for the TSBs/Recall work

Little things that i loved about Longo that other dealers haven't done for me:
They didn't wash my car (just like i had asked!)
They filled my tank with Chevron gas
I Always knew the status of my car

Yeeee! Longo Lexus FTW!!!

Jimmy is awesome. If you go into Longo Lexus, ask for Jimmy, tell him your from Clublexus (or you can even say Mr. Patel sent you from CL) and he will take care of you! He kept my updated the whole way with calls and made sure it was done right.

Longo Lexus has won me over, i will take all my servicing needs to them now
Old 04-05-11, 10:58 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

^^^ how did you get free gas?
Old 04-05-11, 11:26 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ how did you get free gas?
I didn't check the paper work thoroughly yet, but it was either part of the recall fix (they bill Lexus corporate for it) or it was just a good gesture because i was a new customer and the repairs took a whole week, plus they had to drive my car around too to make sure it wasn't rattling or anything.
Old 04-11-11, 03:03 PM
PN250
Rookie

i dropped off my car on Wednesday and picked up my car Friday.

I only go to LONGO!

i been to keys , glendale, cerritos, SM.... Longo is the place to go! no they are not paying me. lol....

And they gave me a loner during the mean time no questions asked.

+1 they gave me a full tank when i picked up my car.
Old 04-19-11, 05:29 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Killa recommended jimmy, anyone else have any suggestions?

Originally Posted by gemini1
I've never had a bad experience with Longo Lexus regarding their service department.

I would recomend!
Anyone in particular you recommend?

Quick Reply: Longo Lexus service dept any good?