CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Longo Lexus service dept any good?

Old 03-25-11, 06:39 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Does anyone know if Longo Lexus is one of those dealers that fills your gas too after doing recall work?
valve spring recall yes
Old 03-26-11, 02:10 AM
kennuth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The service advisors at longo are very courteous and do provide regular updates while your vehicle is with them - so i would definitely give the Service Advisors a If you need a recommendation for a service advisor, send me a PM and i'll be more than happy to provide a name and contact number.

Now... as for the service, it is a little different. They "try" to solve issues but there is definitely a disconnect between the Service Advisors and technicians.

I brought my GS350 to get some dash rattling and driver door rattling fixed a few weeks ago. A week later I got my car back (yes it took them a whole week to get to it). As I was driving home, I didn't hear any more rattling from the dash, but there were new ticking noises now and I also noticed that there was a part of the dash that they didn't install properly (It wasn't flush with the rest of the dash and it sort of bubbles out). They also did not fix the rattling in the door. And furthermore, my NAV was no longer working properly - I can only guess that as they were putting the dash back together they messed something up with the Nav.

So I made another appointment for the next day and brought my car in again. One of the technicians went on a road test with me and heard the rattling in the driver side door and made a note. I pointed out the area where the dash wasn't flush with the rest of the dash and the technician said they would take care of it. Then the NAV issue was also brought up and noted.

A week goes by and I finally get a call saying that my car was ready. I go to pick it up and the door rattling has been minimized. The Nav worked; but, they didn't redo the dash to make it flush entirely.

So I have to make another appointment to bring the car back just to have a cosmetic fix. Basically, Longo will have had my car for 3 weeks which I believe is way too much time. Had the service been completed properly the first time, I would be able to avoid the multiple trips back and forth which wastes time and gas...

I will add that they did provide a loaner for my visits which I am happy about.
Old 03-26-11, 08:46 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

kennuth, i'm having the similar dashboard rattling/squealing problem. hopefully they do it right the first time.
Old 03-26-11, 02:13 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The dash rattle TSB is one of the reasons im taking my car in this coming week. Hopefully i don't run into any issues like you Kennuth. I haven't heard many bad things about Longo Lexus so far though, so i'll still let them handle it.

I hate it when the service advisers are great and the service technicians suck. Or vice versa. I've been to a couple dealerships where the advisers are just awesome, but the techs can't do anything right.
Old 03-26-11, 06:41 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

did my fuel sensor recall...joe took care of me...very nice guy...definetly will be back here for sure...
Old 03-26-11, 07:10 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
did my fuel sensor recall...joe took care of me...very nice guy...definetly will be back here for sure...
Nice to hear that

I'm going in this week for fuel sensor recall, AUX TSB, dash rattle TSB & Oil change. Can't wait!
Old 03-26-11, 11:14 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

The dash rattle TSB is one of the reasons im taking my car in this coming week. Hopefully i don't run into any issues like you Kennuth. I haven't heard many bad things about Longo Lexus so far though, so i'll still let them handle it.

I hate it when the service advisers are great and the service technicians suck. Or vice versa. I've been to a couple dealerships where the advisers are just awesome, but the techs can't do anything right.
i'm taking my car in for the instrumentation rattling the week after next. you taking it to Longo right? let us know how it goes.
Old 03-26-11, 11:21 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
i'm taking my car in for the instrumentation rattling the week after next. you taking it to Longo right? let us know how it goes.
Yeah im taking it to Longo, i'll update on how it goes!
Old 03-28-11, 05:40 PM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi. I wonder if I still can get my GS350 2007 to check up by your dealership for free. I bought it used from different dealer currently 60k miles on it. I went to Longo 3 weeks ago and the man told me check up the engine noise will be charge $45.
Old 03-28-11, 06:23 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
pm sent regarding issue of concern.
still waiting on a pm response from Longo...
Old 03-28-11, 08:08 PM
kennuth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JH48
Hi. I wonder if I still can get my GS350 2007 to check up by your dealership for free. I bought it used from different dealer currently 60k miles on it. I went to Longo 3 weeks ago and the man told me check up the engine noise will be charge $45.
If you're past 60k miles, you're already outside of the factory warranty coverage. Unless you have extended warranty, you'll probably have to pay for any checkups...
Old 03-29-11, 01:48 AM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kennuth
If you're past 60k miles, you're already outside of the factory warranty coverage. Unless you have extended warranty, you'll probably have to pay for any checkups...
man, the time I asked was 59k. I thought for the engine check up to 70k.
Old 03-29-11, 06:56 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
still waiting on a pm response from Longo...
They probably don't frequent the thread daily, but rather only when their name is mentioned in bad light and is brought to their attention. Try emailing whoever you private messaged here -- both the G.M. and the S.M. provided direct phone numbers and email addresses, and one may infer that this is the best method of contact.
Old 03-30-11, 09:25 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Dropped my car off this evening at Longo Lexus. Saw Joe-Z's IS-F there too! lol

Anyways, it went pretty well. The service staff were VERY nice. Asked for Joe Castro and he took care of me, Jimmy Thach was my service advisor. He took down everything i wanted done no questions asked. I thought i was going to have to fight to get the TSB's done for whatever reason, but it was painless Got my loaner car and i was out of there pretty quick. All my concerns were addressed and i feel like the car is in good hands with Longo.

They offered a nice brand new 2011 IS250 as a loaner car, i turned it down tho since it was red (Every red car in my family has been totaled so i'm weary of them) the one i got instead looks like it was abused. Only 26k miles on it and it kinda smells weird on the inside and the outside has dings and scuffs/dents/scratches all over lol. It's all good tho, just had a lot of marks when writing down where the damage was on the check-out sheet

Now lets see how the actual service works out!

BTW...if you haven't read from past posters, say no to the car wash!

Last edited by KillaIS250; 03-30-11 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-31-11, 07:45 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

Does anyone know if Longo Lexus is one of those dealers that fills your gas too after doing recall work?
No, they do not. The only dealer that has ever filled up my car after a service was Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. Jim Falk also gave my car a good wash.

I highly recommend Crown Lexus in Ontario. They buffed out the scratches off my car and gave it a thorough wash with my service. I prefer going to them even though Longo is across the street from my house.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Longo Lexus service dept any good?