CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got a speeding ticket, how to do "Trial by Written Declaration" ??

Old 03-27-12, 06:29 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

i lost when i tried....
Old 03-27-12, 10:00 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by k7q
i lost when i tried....
hey k7q. Sorry to hear you lost your fight against the traffic ticket. Its not a 100% way out of a ticket but its at least something worth trying out. I did it myself and I won my case.

If you lost the written declaration, you still have a chance to appeal and take it to court. That's when you hope the officer does not show up.
Old 03-28-12, 02:45 PM
Do.Man
Pole Position

i did one of these for a red light camera ticket a while back and won lol it got my picture and i saw the video of me speeding past the red light and everything. haha sometimes i think if you try and fight it using the TBWD, throw in some lawyer terms, insist on a trial de novo or something like that, instead of fighting with you and wasting their time, they'll just get the suckers that just pay and not try and fight it.
Old 03-28-12, 02:54 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^ LOL, how did u win w/ red light camera and all the pictures ? that's amazing!
Old 03-28-12, 04:35 PM
thebossac
Driver

u don't have to pay for the red light camera ticket if it happened in LA
http://beta.local.yahoo.com/news-unp...t-cameras.html
Old 07-03-12, 08:06 AM
skiiman1
Driver School Candidate

quick question guys...for step # 3

When you are saying to send payment and the TBD....are you talking about just sending the bail amount and checking off the box "Trial by declaration" on the paperwork I received from the court after I got the ticket? This document has the bail amount and two boxes I can check off..."court trial" or "Trial by declaration"

Please let me know...

My plan is to call and get an extension...then mail this form in....the form I am referencing above..and include my bail amount...then wait for the court to send me the TBD paperwork etc
Old 07-03-12, 08:55 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, send the bail amount AND check Trial by declaration. I'd suggest go to the court directly then submit the paper & bail amount. If u win, they will send you refund check later on.

Yes, get extension, the longer it is the better chance of winning I heard.

Good luck !
Old 07-05-12, 12:19 AM
tcr101
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quick Question... If you do a Trial By Written declaration, but have other offenses.. (such as not having your updated insurance card/Tint) can you correct these (insurance & tint) infractions with CHP and still do a TBD for (speeding or other offense)?
Old 07-05-12, 12:48 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcr101
Quick Question... If you do a Trial By Written declaration, but have other offenses.. (such as not having your updated insurance card/Tint) can you correct these (insurance & tint) infractions with CHP and still do a TBD for (speeding or other offense)?
TBD would only be for misdemeanor or infraction cases, so you would do the TBD for the speeding, and while you're waiting for the judge to respond, get the CHP correctable infractions taken care of with the CHP.
Old 07-11-12, 08:31 PM
thebossac
Driver

can i request for traffic school if i lost the TBD?
Old 07-11-12, 09:04 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

^ nope .
Old 10-17-12, 02:18 PM
thebossac
Driver

^ little update, i lost the TBD, but they gave me an option to attend traffic school.
Old 10-17-12, 07:35 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Go to court but try to delay it as much as possible in hopes that the cop doesn't show up. The holidays season are a good time to go to court. If you do see the cops in court, you can ask the judge for a reduce fine amount and traffic school.

I've seen many people do this and got away with tickets
Old 01-24-14, 10:40 AM
Elerego
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone! I recently got 2 speeding tickets (Italian driver still not used to california rules:P!!!!!!). The first one was in Orange County on the 13th of December 2013 and the second one in the San Diego area on January the 6th. So far I only received the first courtesy notice so I went to the superior court of Orange County a few days ago and plead not guilty with a written declaration and paid the bail amount. The due date to send the TR-205 form is the 02/21/14 and by that time I will probably receive the second courtesy notice. In my case is it convenient to keep delaying as much as possible? I'm not very familiar with the American law but I believe that the second ticket is not in the system yet, but it will as soon as I get the notice. Will that appear on record if I decide to ask for a "trial de novo"? I'm soooooo confused ! Thanks in advance for your help!
Elena
Old 06-27-15, 11:31 AM
SOLEJDM
Driver School Candidate

My GF won a TBD that I wrote. I'm a liability/arbitration adjuster for an insurance company so it wasn't hard to disprove the officer's argument. Google is your friend and it's all about creating doubt.