CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Firestone Alignment.. Lowered Car friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-10, 06:26 AM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
been to this one. not a bad place but not the greatest. also been to the one in west covina where my friend works (good place since i know him) . some firestones only touch toe... n leave the camber spec the same (the one a valley vie n orangethorpe set my camber at -4.... when before it was -2.8 or so arsehole)...

So is the west covina firestone any good? This appears to be the closest firestone to me. Do they accommodate lowered cars?
Old 05-02-10, 10:20 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

So who should you look for in Orangethrope to do the alignment?
Old 05-02-10, 10:47 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by soulific
So is the west covina firestone any good? This appears to be the closest firestone to me. Do they accommodate lowered cars?
depends on how low your car is... bring wood blocks just in case if you need it.
Old 05-02-10, 11:10 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I went to Orangethrope firestone alignment w/ GSteg few weeks ago. The guy that worked on GSteg car was David (kim?), he's korean/tall guy. He seems really know what he's doing, at least he allowed GSteg to set the specs he wanted. Ask GSteg for more detail.

The manager is Frank Kim, he's a good guy I got $30 off for my 2nd lifetime alignment from him.
Old 05-03-10, 11:10 AM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^Dang it! i knew i should've followed you guys when you went. But i still need to adjust my coilovers before i take her in. So is it still about $150 without discount/coupons?
Old 05-03-10, 11:16 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

it's $170 without discount. i think there is a friend/family discount, but you should ask.

I'll probably come back again because my steering is off a bit.
Old 05-03-10, 11:25 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
it's $170 without discount. i think there is a friend/family discount, but you should ask.

I'm going back tomorrow morning
Old 05-03-10, 11:37 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg

Give me back my wheels. My car handles horribly with your crappy falken fk452 tires.
Old 05-21-10, 03:10 AM
iLL TL
Driver

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Mike was my mechanic and he did pretty well on all three except for the drivers side... He helped me tighten up my camber kit, thank goodness.

Originally Posted by masboy
I went to Orangethrope firestone alignment w/ GSteg few weeks ago. The guy that worked on GSteg car was David (kim?), he's korean/tall guy. He seems really know what he's doing, at least he allowed GSteg to set the specs he wanted. Ask GSteg for more detail.

The manager is Frank Kim, he's a good guy I got $30 off for my 2nd lifetime alignment from him.
Hmm, I might have to request David then. I might need some custom specs on my car.

I'm surprised Frank Kim was nice to you about it. WHen I came in with my car, he straight up said, NO I might not make it onto the lift and was being a pretty big ******* about it. He said that I will have to take off my front bumper, but his tech Mike said he can put it on, so that kinda shut him up.

Came out satisfied but my toe wear on the driver side killed my fk452.... SO sad.

I got new wheels on so I will be going here tomorrow! If you see a White TL, say hi
Old 05-21-10, 05:30 AM
aEO 37
Driver

yeah make sure they set you toe correctly.

I had my car at another Firestone one= Westminster and Brookurst and although I have no camber wear, my rear passenger side tire is completely gone because of to toe wear. While the other side still has at least 50% life left.
Old 05-21-10, 10:25 AM
haiimbrian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by soulific
kinda late, but i got my alignment at the west covina one. Ask for hugo and tell him your from club lexus. Hell give you a discount, i got my lifetime for 120!

the ramp is.. pretty low. i would say... the height of an average house ramp.

basically the lift goes down.. to about... 8 inches off the ground and there's a ramp to drive your car up then the machine lifts the car from there

Last edited by haiimbrian; 05-21-10 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-21-10, 12:07 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by haiimbrian
kinda late, but i got my alignment at the west covina one. Ask for hugo and tell him your from club lexus. Hell give you a discount, i got my lifetime for 120!

the ramp is.. pretty low. i would say... the height of an average house ramp.

basically the lift goes down.. to about... 8 inches off the ground and there's a ramp to drive your car up then the machine lifts the car from there
plus they keep some wood laying around to aid if your car's pretty low.

i wanna say the name of the only tech i use there is ralf/rafael, but i need to dig up the papers from my glovebox.
Old 05-23-10, 02:06 PM
iLL TL
Driver

i just did my alignment at the one in Buena park. Ask for Humberdto. He actually knows how to dial in camber. I will be going back there on friday.

Dunno how legit he is on the toe, but I will keep you guys updated
Old 05-23-10, 06:51 PM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...-119-99-a.html
Old 11-02-10, 07:37 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do any of the firestones you went to have folding stoppers? The one in manhattan beach can't do it as they welded the stoppers up so the tires won't fit over the plates centered

Quick Reply: Firestone Alignment.. Lowered Car friendly?